Realistically, what could cause a crypto crash?

Realistically, what could cause a crypto crash?

Is it really in a bubble or are we just getting started?

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/bancor-the-name-of-the-global-currency-that-a-shocking-imf-report-is-proposing/
shortvix.blogspot.com/2017/06/bitcoin-is-decentralization-possible.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GoogleCoin

It's a bubble that will explode when the bitcoin will be $10 000 so you still have time to get a lambo

It'll only crash once everyone here decides they want to cash out and buy a lambo.

Here's one scenario that could cause a crash:

>2019
>Everybody's already invested 25% of their net worth into crypto
>No new money coming in
>Earliest adopters begin to sell large amounts securing their fortunes
>Price dips and new adopters begin to get uneasy
>As more and more people sell, price dips lower causing more and more people to sell
>In the aftermath, crypto is now looked upon as a shady investment that robbed people of money.

bip 148
googlecoin
this "the slow bleed"

all must take turns buying lambos..

a sure sign of imminent crash is a backlog of lambo pre-orders

Not a chance, cryptosphere would have to hit well into the trillions before that actually became problematic

Even then, the large amounts of people waiting to buy in will likely always mitigate and continue to bounce the market forward

A lot of people prefer crypto as a currency, compared to national currency

Why would there be no new money coming in?

There will people not in on crypto for at least a decade if all goes well

This. If Amazon, google, Facebook, Microsoft, or IBM start a coin, we're fucked.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of crypto if it's made/backed by a megacorp?

IBM=Bancor

infowars.com/bancor-the-name-of-the-global-currency-that-a-shocking-imf-report-is-proposing/

Not sure why they threw there reputation in the bin before the coin even launched though, with all that shady ICO shit

pretty sure most of the altcoin market is a fucking bubble. who knows when it will end though

Hopefully we have another year left at least

>2019
I'm saying 2022 atleast - normies & times move slowly desu, there is a lot of time for us to accumulate

>
people realizing every cryptocoin is air

>
everything is in a bubble right now. housing, student loans, stocks, meme coins, etc

Should add- welfare, borrowed money
although student loans is the only thing that applies for me

If crypto crashes would it just be all the AltCoins or will Ethereum and Bitcoin still exist alongside GoogleCoin?

I have no idea what this means but I'm gonna bump it just for you.

I posted yesterday and still 0 rebuttals against 'decentralization is impossible"

shortvix.blogspot.com/2017/06/bitcoin-is-decentralization-possible.html

Ironically, if we saw a stock market crash ala 2008 again, the crypto market could soar to a trillion or 2 trillion dollars.

I was wondering about this. Crypto will either soar or crash with the rest. Could the recent growth in crypto be because a lot of people are getting nervous of another 2008? Exciting times ahead either way

aren't we overdue for one anyway? the shemitah is supposed to come every 7 years

based user.

everything is a bubble right now, its a giant house of cards waiting to implode.

ponzi scheme. and yes it is except all of us are the schemers

the normies must pay

I LOVE CAPITALISM

only if it were easy for mainstream people to buy in their retirement accounts would this be true.

When your mom and dad and uncle can login to there fidelity retirement portal and buy buttcoins, then and only then will btc go to another galaxy. that is when the 100k+ btc price will happen.

I've read that they are going to let the Dow get up to around 40,000 before they pull the rug out. It gives old money a sense of security to have it in things like that. By the time it gets there, there will be a replacement and most likely global currency type stuff. Probably 5/10 years out imo.

Etoro added 4 Alts today. It's getting more mainstream by the day.

If you're talking far enough into the future (2019 lol), this won't happen because crypto will hold its own. There will be no need to exchange it for fiat because you will be able to pay for everything with it.

>GoogleCoin
We already have this. Ripple XRP. Look at the top 3 in market cap and see how/where each was started in regards to location.

More like:

>2018
>normies overhelm ancap autistics
>btc fall a little
>"OMG CRASH SELL SELL SELL SELL"
>normies tries to cash out
>exchanges slow/offline due to overload
>shitposting intensifies
>everyone suddently want to get out quickly
>RIP

The only thing that keeps BTC price up is ancap autistics who really believe that it worth real money, once they turn to be less than 10% of the players, it will became a dangerous game.

>There will be no need to exchange it for fiat because you will be able to pay for everything with it.
I respectfully disagree. If you look at the current owners, there is no way that what we have available will be mass adopted. Government will want their own and also their portion and once they tax the only way I see them allow daily things to be paid in crypto is to take it as a public. service cost to get it out of circulation. 21 million bitcoins is a walk in the park for Government to buy up and replace with their version.

the same situation can be applied today since 2013 was truly the early period with early investors. we are new money.

The stop of money inflow. Realistically at some point all markets crash, just depends on how hard and if they recover. With banks now getting interested and news that some of the large banks have been funding btc and ether mining it could go much higher. Banks also legitimize the market and will drag the government along kicking and screaming, the banks run the government.

Yes it will crash and yes it will likely recover. $100 billion is still small but it is getting very close to being a permanent fixture. Especially with ETH and similar coins now adding lots of real function to these things.

If the market his that size even doge holders will be driving lambos. The world economy is hundreds of trillion, the coin economy just passed one hundred billion. Nothing but a blip still to world markets. A 10x growth across the board from here would put it up there with gold.

>what could cause a crypto crash?
Normies/Mainstream/Masses/Public

When it hits the public phase, get the fuck out.
Looks like it's reaching that now.

You buy back when it crashes down on the normies, causing them to commit suicide and selling all their coin, like in 2014.

Get ready

just take out your initial investment after you doubled your money and 10% of your gains monthly. then you dont have worry about a crash anymore (which wont happen anytime soon imo)

>Looks like it's reaching that now.

Not even close. Sure there may be some Forbes articles or something here and there, but until we see crypto currency advertised on major television or as options for normies to invest then it's time to ride the normie wave for a bit then get out as quickly as possible.

For one thing if the government tried to buy every Bitcoin the price would go infinitely higher.

The bigger Bitcoin gets, the less power the government has. If everyone dodges taxes then the government can't pay people to enforce taxes. Fundamentally crypto is about telling the government to get fucked. There's no point using crypto and being a good goy since it's more expensive and more difficult than fiat Jew bucks.

Also I think Monero will replace Bitcoin since it is better suited for this use case.

There wont be a "normie" wave, Countries, states and cities will adopt Crypto in waves, soon as large dips happen there will always be more money than before waiting to buy in

a state ban on bitcoin

You know there's multiple pumps and crashes with crypto. It doesn't need a huge market cap to be a bubble. Mini bubbles occur along the way to a higher and higher market cap.

The same indicators for a bubble apply to a big market cap and a small one.

Bitcoin market cap is higher than
Yahoo
Electronic Arts
Ebay
Marriott
Intuit
Fox
Dish

If Bitcoin market capped doubled, it would be larger than Starbucks, Walgreens, Charter.

Look how that helped N.Y.. It didn't.

Mt. Gox shitting itself caused the last crash, I think Coinbase shitting itself will cause this one. Considering how poorly Coinbase has handled the last few ETH dips, I don't think we have a lot of time left. It's already starting to look a lot like the Mt. Gox fuckups from the last bubble. The whole market will probably crash sometime this fall if things keep going as they are now, at least IMO.

BTC & ETH aren't really in a bubble, they're the modern destination of capital flight

Alts are in a MASSIVE bubble powered by FOMO and cheap BTC/ETH from newly minted BTC/ETH millionaires

BTC & ETH will because world-class assets, 99% of alts will go to zero when BTC & ETH slow down

>BTC & ETH aren't really in a bubble

Autism. Between currencies getting lost and crypto being used more and more for things outside of the dark net, it's never going to disappear completely in the next 100 years. Only when quantum computing introduces a new financial trade mechanism, and THAT becomes standard, in other works out grandchildren will repeat the same things we're doing right now, they will be the early adopters.

> People want to be rich
> Bitcoin keeps climbing
> More people jump in
> People realize that they can trade bitcoin for other alt coins and increase their bitcoin holdings.
> WeTrust finishes their ROSCA product allowing people to loan out TRST tokens.
> People who don't have any fiat take out loans from friends and family with TRST and trade on the markets.
> It's all good because the value of every shit coin under the sun is sky rocketing because people are now able to get coins on credit.
> repeat of stock market crash....only fucking global.

that early? We are so far off from the implosion it's not even funny. I'd say no less than 5 years. Do you have any idea how much new money there is to be had in this market?

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, the post

I thought Mt. Gox only crashed because millions in BTC got stolen from there? Coinbase going out of service for a few days isn't going to cause a market crash unless tons of accounts and coins got stolen.

>Bitcoin crashing to record lows of 50k

The way I remember it happening is that it shut down first, then when people tried to withdraw their coins post-crash, it was discovered that a bunch of them were stolen. Before THE crash, it was constantly breaking down from too many people getting on at once.

I might be wrong though, feel free to correct me if that's the case.

the price on mt gox increased to 3 times of that of other exchanges, some people were actually putting their bitcoin on gox to sell for the high prices their.

Globalism has more to play with it too. Emerging markets and rich people don't trust their own countries currencies anymore.

>I think Coinbase shitting itself will cause this one
I think they are playing it well for what they are doing. They are making fuxking bank. So, they know the new user buy in amounts 7/10 days ahead of wallet deposit time. I think they have been causing the downs and then ups on purpose to fill new user orders. Imagine how pissed someone would be if they bought at X and it took 10 days and went down 20% before they received? They sell at X, take market down 20%, buy at x - 20%, raise market to X, deposit new user. At what they paid. Then it creeps a little when they have a batch of new orders and rinse and related. It's like fucking clock work over the past 3 months.

>When your mom and dad and uncle can login to there fidelity retirement portal and buy buttcoins

that feels like it would be decades away

Etoro started trading xrp, LTC, DASH, etc today. It's happening man.

So still tiny basically. Those sound like huge companies but they are just one of many.

Mt gox was an unregulated con job. At least coinbase is fdic insured. Yes, they were already stolen before it went dark. That whole pile of bs was used to buy time to get away clean. It was totally unregulated, coinbase has fdic insurance requirements.