What do I need to know about the Chechen Wars?

What do I need to know about the Chechen Wars?

Any book suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novye_Aldi_massacre
amara.org/en/videos/I2lljTEJ5bXJ/en/798892/
bookzz.org/book/2608536/071312
bookzz.org/book/839384/197d3e
bookzz.org/book/2608601/747243
bookzz.org/book/2660123/ab597c
sci-hub.cc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Severe crimes against people were being committed before Russia interceded. There was much innocent bloodshed, but what was going on without Russian intervention was terrible. Also, Oil Diamonds Cash Money 420

Certain swine like human traffickers, rapists, religious nutfucks, they seemed to have congregated there for a good while until they got rekt

Putin personally led hit squads into the streets of Chechnya to execute women and children

Kind of like a hub for really terrible pieces of trash bag monkeys. The swine of Eurasia were exploiting geographical anomalies such as the cacausus

Those were men that defected, dipshit. Did you know there were child sex slaves by the thousands in places like Grozny?

>tfw you remember that Dagestan beheading video

Makes me glad the Spetsnaz raped them

Do you think Im just going to stand by and do nothing as you insult islam like that, bud?

I'm russian. Certain peeps in my family are high ranking spetsies, I can assure you oil and resources are simply what are recovered when the monkey pigs are rekt

PRAISE THE ICE ALLCAPS

Are there any good sources in english I can read?

I honestly think this is one of the most important issues of the 21st CE but I cant find anything to read about it

I could tell you but I would have to put you on a Lithium-Fentanyl regiment after

Study Islamic Pizza Shops And Liberal Basements

seconding

Eduardo Unibrow Ali and his sub-t Pizza shop where all democrats and missionaries are welcome.

I can say, some men had to dig their own graves.

The Quran and Sigmund Freud

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novye_Aldi_massacre

>666
>I can say

>Give Chechens and other minor republics autonomy
>Chechen execute local Orthodox and Slavic population
>Tired of that shit Federal troops are sent in
>While unfucking the shit some got too violent and commit crimes, though on a much lesser scale that Chechens themselves
>Somehow end up evil
>While similar actions by US in Iraq 10 years later are somehow okay
Western media, everyone

For Russian-speaking part I can recommend "Я - Кaлибp-10", a compilation of maps, documents and interviews of the first battle of Grozny. "Днeвник oкoпнoгo гeнepaлa" — a detailed and expanded diary of one of the few competent generals of that war, the book describes both wars and a bit of peacetime.
In terms of documentaries, "Aд" by Nevzorov, "60 чacoв мaйкoпcкoй бpигaды" are pretty good. There is also an unedited videofootage from what was intended as a documentary on 276 motorifle regiment, that can be found on Youtube.

are there subtitles?

ITT: Kremlin trolls and Diaspora contra trolls

Shitshow wew

>people not defending terrorists are Kremlin trolls
Ok m8

I'm not sure, probably there are.

>While similar actions by US in Iraq 10 years later are somehow okay
Who says that? Even ardent conservatives are now admitting that the Iraq War was a mistake. Whataboutism drives me up the fucking wall.

Subtitles for one of the documentaries, "60 hours of Maikop brigade"
amara.org/en/videos/I2lljTEJ5bXJ/en/798892/

+1 Happy meal coupon has been added to your account

>Any book suggestions?

This. And in what fucking bizarro universe "western media" was uncritical ? As far as i know there was critical Media even in murica and here in Germany our fucking chancellor went live on air and condemned the war. He ran his fucking campaign on an anti war agenda and won. I swear to god this russian meme of muh western Media is so retarded. Your fucking country is the one with state controlled Media and censorship. Maybe try watching more than one channel that confirms your butthurt russian autism.

Saying that Iraq is a mistake doesn't really mean that they care about what happened to the Iraqis
If anything many who believe the war was a mistake believe that they should have simply nuked the place.
>inb4 muh heartie feely regressive leftie boogeyman
Even those guys that people complain about so much would have supported the war if it was done by a democrat, see Obama and Bill "half a million children dead" Clinton

Ah moving the goal posts i see.

>muh western Media as a whole was uncritical

Refuted.

>muh le regressive left
>Bill Clinton killed 6 gorillion serbs who were innocent and only wanted to be left alone to do some ethnic cleansing

Off yourself Vladimir.

This, OP. Prepare for an extremely dark and depressing book about man on man rape, selling weapons to the enemy and general shittiness.

These wars wasnt standart local separatism. Chechen bands had a massive support from central government - since Soviet times.
KGB was preparing a lot of commanders in their bases, also they were disarming Cossacks, other Russian settlers during 1987-1991. FSB - its Russian succesor - was providing weapons, money for Chechens. Eltsyn surrended in 1996 instead of full crush and punishment. He recognized independent Ichkeria, but havent built border: Chechen bands were allowed to trip in Russia freely, FSB was resuming weapon delivery.
Putin started new war, but saved Chechens from complete defeat again, legalised majority of bands and started massive reparations to keep terrorist activity (we have money - no need to work - lets shoot and explode).

>Your fucking country is the one with state controlled Media and censorship. Maybe try watching more than one channel that confirms your butthurt russian autism.
I'm a French, so that's irrelevant.

>our fucking chancellor went live on air and condemned the war.
Do you know the difference between criticizing the war itself and criticizing the actions of soldiers in field

>muh i am french

Front National?

>muh war crimes were not criticized

What was Abu Ghraib? What was the ban on waterboarding etc.?

Yeah some shit happened but after the 9/11 craze the US actually made an effort to Deal with this shit.

Any book suggestions?

Gammer, Moshe. The Lone Wolf and the Bear: Three Centuries of Chechen Defiance of Russian Rule. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2006.
>Examines the conflict between the Russia and the Chechen people from the 16th century until the recent wars, and in the process provides a comprehensive examination of modern Chechen history.

Hughes, James. Chechnya: From Nationalism to Jihad. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007.
>A thorough study of the recent conflict in Chechnya, from its causes to its transformation over the years from a secular struggle to a religious calling. Hughes deals with the uses of terrorism and how Chechnya compares with other nationalist and ethnic conflicts.
bookzz.org/book/2608536/071312

Seely, Robert. The Russo-Chechen Conflict, 1800–2000: A Deadly Embrace. London: Routledge, 2000.
>The bulk of the book is concerned with the politics of the conflict and Russia’s military performance in the two wars following the breakup of the Soviet Union.

Dunlop, John B. Russia Confronts Chechnya: Roots of a Separatist Conflict. Cambridge, UK, and New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998.
>Dunlop’s account is sympathetic to the Chechen resistance.
bookzz.org/book/839384/197d3e

Gall, Carlotta, and Thomas de Waal. Chechnya: Calamity in the Caucasus. New York: New York University Press, 1998.
>The best journalistic account of the first Chechen war.

Gilligan, Emma. Terror in Chechnya: Russia and the Tragedy of Civilians in War. Human Rights and Crimes Against Humanity. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2009.
>Gilligan’s book carefully reconstructs the mechanics of the ruthless cleansing operations that were central to Russia’s strategy during the second Chechen war.
bookzz.org/book/2608601/747243

Trenin, Dmitri V., and Alexei V. Malashenko. Russia’s Restless Frontier: The Chechnya Factor in Post-Soviet Russia. Washington, DC: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2004.
>Analysis of the two wars coauthored by the leading Russian military thinker (Trenin).
bookzz.org/book/2660123/ab597c

Kramer, Mark. “The Perils of Counterinsurgency: Russia’s War in Chechnya.” International Security 29.3 (2004): 5–63.
Kramer’s analysis focuses on Russia’s strategic choices. Available online through purchase.
go to sci-hub.cc/ and type in:
10.1162/0162288043467450
for free dl

Lyall, Jason. “Does Indiscriminate Violence Incite Insurgent Attacks? Evidence from Chechnya.” Journal of Conflict Resolution 53.3 (2009): 331–362.
Lyall’s study of Russian tactics, 2000–2005, suggests, rather disturbingly, that brute force in the form of shelling villages was effective in reducing insurgent attacks.
type in:
10.1177/0022002708330881

Menon, Rajan, and Graham E. Fuller. “Russia’s Ruinous Chechen War.” Foreign Affairs 79.2 (2000): 32–44.
A succinct summary of the key issues from a military strategy perspective. Available online by subscription.
to get article for free go to
sci-hub.cc/
type in this code
10.2307/20049639

Russia's Afghanistan

>Afghanistan was Russia's Vietnam

>KGB was preparing a lot of commanders in their bases
this, those "separatist commanders" didn't even hide the fact that they were KGB agents

I live in chechnya AMA

but why?

Read free fall a snipers story it's brutual in some bits.

Correct answer