Nowadays...

Nowadays, it is perfectly possible to have a healthy state having a vegetable-based diet supplemented with some chemically produced vitamins. The question is: if we can avoid killing animals, why should we keep on eating meat, guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/adding-seaweed-to-cattle-feed-could-reduce-methane-production-by-70
collective-evolution.com/2015/05/15/do-plants-respond-to-pain-scientists-conduct-an-experiment-to-find-out/
pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants
gizmodo.com/nice-try-vegans-plants-can-actually-hear-themselves-b-1599749162
vice.com/en_us/article/we-asked-a-botanist-how-sure-science-is-that-plants-cant-feel-pain-302
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
ex-christian.net/topic/9299-why-vegetarians-should-be-force-fed-with-lard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because we can.

typical...

No, the question is why SHOULDN'T we.

killing animals is not evil. it's not like murder.

Cuz you are not involved in the death of animals

It's also perfectly possible not to drive a car, but you're not going to stop doing that are you?

You may need a car to get in time to any destiny, even when you are contributing to pollution. But there is currently no need in killing animals to eat.

You don't need to drive a car either. You can take the bus.

Or use a bicycle. Or even just walk.

Cooking is one of my hobbies, arts, historical/cultural topics of study and also my main form of LARPing so I need to cook with meat in order to be authentic.
The dishes I eat the most though are all vegan though, home made dal and roti's/rice if I'm lazy.

So let's kill animals..

Because you add to the suffering of the world

I don't do either, because I'm not a selfish little dipshit

I don't drive a car, and I think we should all stop driving.

>Nowadays, it is perfectly possible to have a healthy state having a vegetable-based diet supplemented with some chemically produced vitamins.
No.

Why souldnt we ? Why should i even care that animals die, animals die all the time in nature i'm not gonna cry because some get slaughtared for food. Meat is amazing. Im not gonna stop eating it because you are a pussy and probably some kind of that hipster/hippie/bhudist retard aswell

1_Because our brains are hardwired to love meat.

2_Because most people that eat meat never stepped on a farm before, and for them meat is just that tasty stuff that magically appears in the supermarket. People can get used to it of course, but I doubt boogie2988 would easily go to the process of killing an animal and extract it's meat.

If the bus goes where or when you need it.

Unless you are living several kilometers away from civilazation, you can go to a supermarket, and buy vegetables.

It is.

Why shouldn't we? Animals feel no emotion, no true pain.

Humans are omnivores and need animal proteins and vitamins only found in meat.
'Chemically produced vitamins'? What does that even mean?

Stop being a whiny bitch maybe? There's nothing wrong with killing.

>There's nothing wrong with killing.
t. edgelord

It really is OK im my eyes, people die all the time, why should i care about some stupid animals? Vegans are retarded.

I guess you won't mind if I kill you and your family then ;)

Just that, vitamins produced synthetically.

However, popping vitamin pills is not a silver bullet. Taking a Vitamin C pill is not the same as eating an orange. Many vitamin pills are flushed right out of the body without being properly absorbed.

But why should we?
I understand ecological arguments that is "cows are worse than your car in terms of ghg" but I still don't get why we should stop killing them if it's done painlessly and not in horrendous conditions for the workers.

You can try

Who's the edgelord now? Haha.

Because its bad and it hurts my feelings.

This. Humans have always been eating meat since the dawn of time. Some (i.e. inuits) still eat and live only off meat and fat.

That's not very charitable towards the vegan position.

Reminder.

Please explain how that cannot be reduced to "its bad and it hurts my feelings"

That's literally what every argument boils down to.
It's all just 'muh feels'

How can I even take what you're saying seriously?

what about tradition?

>killing animals is bad
>but only the cute ones though

But i love meat, it tastes good and i would be depressed if i had to stop eating it.
Thank you animals for dying so i can be happy

Put yourself in my place then, lets try this.

People die everyday, some because they dont have food, some cause they dont have a roof, some of disease.

Where i live if you go to certain parts of town you can see people sleeping on the streets.

Then comes hipster Mchipster over here and says we shouldnt kill animals because its 'wrong'

>seeing people dying on the streets wasnt wrong
>seeing people dying of disease wasnt wrong
>seeing people dying out of hunger wasnt wrong

Killing animals was wrong

Why? Why do they care more about the animals than their fellow human beings? Because they never experienced real suffering, they just saw a cow die on TV and said "thats bad, i dont wanna see that" they never saw the streets and people dying on them.

They just go with what they 'feel' without even seeing the bigger picture. They believe themselves more moral than the rest just because they dont eat meat, and righteous enough to spit it in your face everyday and feel good about it, and then they dare calling you a bad person unless you share their beliefs, fuck them.

Fuck vegans, they're the scum of the earth.

>all vegans don't care about hunger, disease or homelessness
wew lad, watch that autism

Morality should primarily exist in service of maintaining society. Our collective disapproval of murdering humans has a practical purpose. A rule that says "killing other animals is wrong" serves no practical purpose and is therefore an unjustifiable limitation of your freedom.

Im saying that they care MORE about animals than their fellows.

>Im saying that they care MORE about animals than their fellows.
Again, you're just making up bullshit generalisations.

Veganism is Veeky Forums approved

No, im not. Im Making an assessment on their behaviour.

Why else would they mark themselves in a cattle-like manner in france if they werent trying to make a humanistic statement against meat consumption?

This people are acting like dead cattle painted with fake blood to send the message that they care about animals, my argument is that they care MORE about animals than human beings.

And they're thrash for it.

>some vegans did a thing in france
>so all vegans are trash lol

If someone creates a plant-based alternative to meat, or finds out a way to grow meat in a lab environment commercially, I'd gladly stop eating animal meat.

so you agree that the vegans that 'did a thing' in france deserve condemnation? do you disapprove of their behaviour for the reasons i explained above?

Don't know enough about them or care in the slightest.

I still would eat animal meat just to spite them.

so where are you coming from? why do you care? on the subject, not about them i mean.

>file says "cat, pig" in spanish
>posts a dog and a pig
????

Omnivore means you can eat both or either, not that you *have* to eat. An chemically produced vitamins just means a cientist took it from plants or produced it from the ground up. Anyone that can apply highschool knowledge to do it if they wanted to, it's not black magic.

So, in order to someone to work on a certain issue, they need to work on every single issue in existence?

I think you expect me to think of it as an beautiful life philosophy or something, but I know it's just your excuse to not do anything.

> if we can avoid killing animals, why should we keep on eating meat, guys?
Why should we stop killing animals?

>The question is: if we can avoid killing animals, why should we keep on eating meat, guys?
Better question is; why should we be forced to change the way we gather and prepare our food because some special snowflakes got on their soapbox about their feelings? You like to pop pills so you can poop properly, good for you. Don't assume you can tell me how and when I can eat a hamburger.
Also better question: why do vegans always go about "muh animals feel pain" when plants have been found to have pain receptors? So what, you're going to stop eating carrots now as well?
Get over yourselves and let people eat livestock if they want.

>"cows are worse than your car in terms of ghg"
Scientists found putting a species of seaweed in cowfeed reduces methane emissions,
sciencealert.com/adding-seaweed-to-cattle-feed-could-reduce-methane-production-by-70

>So, in order to someone to work on a certain issue, they need to work on every single issue in existence?
I never said that and thats not my argument

>I think you expect me to think of it as an beautiful life philosophy or something, but I know it's just your excuse to not do anything.
You're putting words into my mouth there.

I dont expect you to think of it as a life philosophy and im not excusing myself.

If you really cared about acting morally, you wouldnt care more about animals than your fellow human beings, because as far as i can understand animals for you are of such a priority that you are willing to forget or ignore real human suffering in order to give more importance to cattle.

Show me a scientific paper telling that the plants have pain receptors.

For someone that complains about putting words on your mouth, you sure put a lot of words in others peoples' mouths.

touché

collective-evolution.com/2015/05/15/do-plants-respond-to-pain-scientists-conduct-an-experiment-to-find-out/
pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants
gizmodo.com/nice-try-vegans-plants-can-actually-hear-themselves-b-1599749162
vice.com/en_us/article/we-asked-a-botanist-how-sure-science-is-that-plants-cant-feel-pain-302
of course plants can feel pain. Any lifeform that has the mechanism to repair damaged tissue does do because they have some kind of receptor telling them that they've been injured.
But I'm sure vegans make themselves feel better about it because they can't hear their favourite flowers screaming while they snip the stem or snip off a leaf.

>Humans can get jobs, study, protection from the police, social security, plus help from a bunch of non profit organizations and people.
>Animals are life their entire lives in crowded tiny space, never being anything but potential food.
>Humans are the ones that need ALL help.

None of those articles is a real scientific paper.

>there are people dying by curable diseases but fuck them, animals are more important.

It's curious. Because I'm a biological researcher in this field and... well... nociceptors are only found in the Animalia Kingdom

Oh please, shut up

It's not a zero sum game where a vegan has to either care about animals OR care about humans.

Sara Pigface Mcvegan who attended a anti-livestock protest was just as likely to have attended that Help the Homeless initiative last week.

In fact, socially minded people like Sara McSJWface are even more likely to take part in such initiatives, moreso than average Joe Blow who doesn't mind meat and is secretly queasy about that hobo down the street.

>chemically produced vitamins

because that's totally something good for your body.

Also meat it's simply too good to stop

I think the real problem is the quality and the quantity of meat consumption, especially in the US. You guys should start having a better control of shit you eat

This. People say the human body evolved to eat meat, but what they forget is that in the wild, food is hard to come by, so humans also evolved to be able to feed from things other than meat for several days.

considering that humans are extremely destructive to the environment and the animals within it, I don't think it's that outrageous for someone to value animals over them. in my experience most vegans aren't like that, though.

>You're putting words into my mouth there.

if I posted a fucking vice article on your home board, you'd dismiss it as fake news.

Fuck, marked the wrong comment:

>you're putting words into my mouth

>Why should we keep eating meat?

Tradition, personal preference, in some cases convenience.
In other words, we selfish reasons; eating meat is bad for the environment (huge water/power consumption per calorie), sometimes physical health (antibiotics, feces, etc), and spiritual health (the cognitive dissonance between "love living things" and eating meat for selfish reasons leads to devaluing other forms of life [fucking Muslims/niggers/etc] I'd speculate).

And why do you need to get to your destination? You can just abandon your job and farm carrots in an abandoned patch of dirt to sustain yourself. Also, you don't need to consume all that energy by using a computer or phone to shitpost in an anonymous online mongolian shadow puppetry imageboard. We don't need to do half of the shit we do but we do it anyway because we can.

thats just how the Veeky Forums format works, notice how he also did the same?
but in this comment he extrapolated meanings or positions i didnt hold.

No I wouldn't because I'm not Donald Trump.

> if we can avoid killing animals, why should we keep on eating meat, guys?
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/

This is fake news

Because tradition is hard to break.

From parent to children. From peer to peer. From TV to people. From corporations to people. etc

Everything tells you to eat meat. It would take a crafty mental fortitude to break that programming.

>why should we keep on eating meat, guys?

I see the better question as why would I stop?

>hey maaan, like killing and exploiting animals is baaad, but I need
>gelatin products
>soap
>medicine
>insulin
>glue
>bread
>anti-venom in case a misunderstood animal like bites me

Bourgeois degeneracy.

>vegetable-based diet supplemented with some chemically produced vitamins
>juicy prime-choice steak
That's why

Animal agriculture is a major contributor to climate change, and heart disease. Consuming animal products isn't necessary especially the amount we consume now. There's plenty of good alternatives to meat, dairy, and eggs. Y'all are ignorant as hell in this thread

Desu I'm not convinced that dropping animal products entirely is the best for health. All of the blue zones engage in occasional animal product consumption

Good man.

Here's his article if anyone's interested.

ex-christian.net/topic/9299-why-vegetarians-should-be-force-fed-with-lard/

Agreed, if fucking tired of shoveling delicious hay at my cows all day long just so I can eat them later.

They can go in the wild and get their own damn food and be hungry most of the time.

Ethical consumption is not a thing. If you consume manufactured goods like the average westerner and/or well-off human and care about all living things, assuming you don't value animals over humans, you are being hypocritical. Why care about the animal when one relies on slave labor and exploitation for your computers and your clothes.

Ethics of self-determination shouldn't differentiate between humans and non-human animals. Obviously slavery, rape, and murder of hundreds of thousands of humans wouldn't be acceptable, would it? Sure, I may actually care about humans more than other animals, but the distinction is purely in my feelings, not in the "value" of one's life vs. another's.

I don't think I got my point across. I never said anything about differentiating between humans or animals based on any value, rather I meant that often vegans or vegetarians who choose their diet on moral reasons attempt to be moral in their eating choices, but ignore the immorality inherent in other consumer choices. To be fair, most people don't care about how and where their laptop or shoes were made, but again, my point is that ethical consumption is impossible.

Because animals are our property.

Well I certainly agree there. What I meant was that, in my opinion, quitting meat is more utilitarian than quitting oppressive products since one is death/slavery/rape and the other is mostly just slavery. Really, as a vegan, I can say that I do it primarily because it's so easy. Refusing to buy most technology, clothing, gas, etc. would be much harder... so I just feel really guilty about it and call it good.

It seems impossible to break from supporting systems of oppression if nobody will join you, but then you have to live in your hypocrisy every day. Plus, the lower class can't even afford to buy ethically, so building a meaningful support base vs. consumerist ideological fads is difficult.

We're all enablers of oppression and environmental destruction. I think veganism just helps me feel a bit less bad about it.

Because God told us eating animals is fine.

Adam and Eve were vegans until they fell.

Well the base of the question relies on two questions. Do you belive causing suffering is immoral in itself? (I belive this is yes)
How much cognition is required to define the beings experience as suffering? (A little harder honestly because how aware does being need to be for it to be immoral I mean there are plant that defend themselves from attack so I don't think self defense is good enough)