Why the fuck do christians tend to demonize everything that isn't christian?

Why the fuck do christians tend to demonize everything that isn't christian?

>muslims are worshipping satan
>jews are worshipping satan too
>pagans are also worshipping satan
>hindus are worshipping satan
i heard these 4 phrases multiple times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe everyone else should stop worshipping Satan.

Literally all Abrahamics are like this

>FUCK YOUR GODS!!!
>REEEEEE

Because THEY worship Satan, and He is a jealous god.

How do you know?

I'm a Hindu and honestly I think the Abrahamic god is a demon

No righteous god autistically murders people

I've read the Bible. There is literally no possibility that the murderous, hateful, envious, petty creature Yahweh is the creator of the Universe.

I bet you worship Satan too.

Because satan tests your beliefs in this way, if you are following false ways, you have fallen for his trap, and are now actually worshiping him, while you believe you are worshiping the true god

fundamentalist reinterpretations in Islam and Christianity have changed the religions were for the worst

Because Abrahamics are autistic.

Maybe hes showing degenerates how to live

Can i just fcking be neutro ,its too hard to choose

because that's the only logically consistent stance for someone who actually believes in their religion to take. Why would anyone who believes in the supremacy of their religion acknowledge any other as equals? Why would they acknowledge any other god as legitimate?

Tolerance for other ideals is a sign of someone who doesn't actually believe in their own.

Not all religions claim to know the ultimate truth.
It's just that some of the most popular do claim that and that's why we get shit like this.

Claiming someone is following the wrong religion is a bit different than claiming they worship the devil

Many religions allow for the practice of other faiths, even if to do so is not ideal or encouraged. Not everything is Abrahamic, you dumb fuck.

I agree with OP. As someone who actually likes to delve into primary sources, it's incredibly infuriating to read into one of the few eyewitness accounts of various belief systems (either supposedly "heretical", or a pagan belief system) ever recorded, only for the writer - a Christcuck no doubt - to dismiss everything with "it's demon worship."

I've seen it in primary accounts of the Spanish conquest, where witnesses decline to give much details on Mesoamerican religion, and sum it up with "they worshiped Satan"; I've seen it in Medieval sources detailing the various "heretical" groups of the time. The idiot polemicists don't even attempt to write down something with a semblance of accuracy for posterity - everything is reduced to "they worshiped Satan".

God-damn, I hate that religion so much.

There's a reason why the popular ones do it and only "literal who" nobody religions don't.

Why would anyone follow a religion that doesn't claim to know the truth? What's the point?

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that if the gods were actually demons then why did God permit them to use their supernatural powers to enthral humans who saw them and thus convince them that they were gods? The God of christianity just seems so careless and puts far too much faith in humanity to do the right thing despite permitting satan to fuck with us in the most ridiculously unfair ways.
I mean, if you had no idea what christianity was and saw some demon pretending to be holy and performing miracles you'd worship them too since to me there really isn't that much of a difference between what Christ did and the gods of other religions in terms of what is possible for humans to do.
Yet the Christian God would condemn you as a evil.

why not?

Not at all.
You're looking at things from the point of view of a non-believer rather than a believer. Logically a "wrong religion" will lead you astray from the "right religion", and if it leads you astray from the "right religion" it's by extension leading you astray from truth and goodness. What kind of being would lead you a stray fromturth and goodness?
The devil.
Ergo the people who follow these wrong religions are following the devil.

Because a malevolent narcissist like Yahweh would not create a race capable of defying his will. If Yahweh were the Creator, we would be born in chains, unable to utter any words other than "PRAISE YAHWEH".

The answer to everything you asked is "free will", let's please leave it at that lest we get bogged down opening that particular can of metaphysical worms though.

I don't know man, Hinduism is pretty popular.

And Hindus believe that Abrahamics are demon worshippers.

Utter nonsense.
Genuine praise is always more satisfying than simply playing back a recording of compliments on loop all day.

Because everything that's not Christian IS satanic, dummy.

So what's the fundamental difference between choosing to follow Christ because of his miracles and the miracles of demons? Unless of course the followers of Christ were just lucky and in the right place and time which is ridiculous considering that the God of Christianity has orchestrated everything that has happened and will happen.
I mean from my perspective Christ could just be a demon or minor god masquerading as God yet nobody ever seems capable of refuting that aside from the claim being a huge sin.

Read your bible.

You should learn more about Hinduism user.
It's really varied.

Except there can be NO genuine praise in Christianity, since the demand that you praise Yahweh is backed up by a dire threat of eternal suffering. You can't "genuinely" love such a monster, and evidently Yahweh doesn't care about how "genuine" you are, merely that you worship him.

Well that was a waste of time.
I guess I should just stick with the true religion of my ancestors, e.g worshipping 'demons'.

You keep telling yourself that.

>You can't "genuinely" love such a monster, and evidently Yahweh doesn't care about how "genuine" you are, merely that you worship him.
Autism.
Your love for your parents is not some how made less genuine because it comes from the fact that your parents feed you instead of leaving you to starve to death.

The better question would be if you could genuinely love your parents if they starved and beat your little sister to death because of something minor she did like talk back to them which is far closer to the situation with God.
I'd argue that any love you felt for them in this example wouldn't be genuine and if you did genuinely love them you must be mentally ill.

My parents don't demand that I love them on pain of eternal torment.

Honor your parents. You don't have to love them.

And Christians are required to genuinely love God, not just honor him.
Am I being baited here? I feel as if I'm talking to a brick wall who just spews christian sayings rather than anything with actual substance.

Yes, love God with all your heart and soul.

>if they starved and beat your little sister to death because of something minor she did like talk back to them which is far closer to the situation with God.
Right because things like, not stealing, or murdering people is TOTALLY equivalent to "something minor like talking back to them".

You want a real equivalency?
Still loving your parents even though your little sister ran away from home in the middle of winter because she was a spoiled little shit who didn't want eat her vegetables, so she wound up dying of exposure in a ditch because she was to proud to humble herself and come home.

>"Don't do drugs son."
>Fuck you Dad I do what I want!
>"They're bad for you and will ruin your life son."
>FUCK YOU
*runs away from home*
*becomes junkie drug addict*
> FUCK YOU DAD IT'S YOUR FAULT I BECAME A JUNKIE EVEN THOUGH YOU TOLD ME NOT TO
*dies of overdose*
>REEEEEEEEE

Behold! We said to the angels: “Prostrate unto Adam”: They prostrated except Iblis (Satan): He said, “Shall I prostrate to one whom Thou didst create from clay?” He said: “Seest Thou? This is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway – all but a few!” (17: 61–62)

t. satan worshipping muslim hindu pagan jew

Go burn somewhere else gnostcuck.

its impossible to present any argument regarding the truth of your religion that cannot be applied to a rival religion given all religions on the planet have equal (lack of) proof

therefor the only recourse left is to demonize your competition

There is a difference between being tricked and willfully following and worshiping. Your conflating the two in a way you would not conflate a secular matter

Okay, just a couple of things... 1.) Saying that you simply believe in one less God than anyone who does believe in God... is not an argument. 2.) If you destroyed any historical book (all of them) none of them would ever come back and be the same! (And if the Bible is what it claims to be... it cannot be destroyed!) 3.) Science textbooks are often subject to revision... 4.) The scientific method that you appeal to... was discovered by a Bible believing, young earth creationist! In fact, scientific inquiry itself was given to mankind by the theist! 5.) Do you realize that you can't empirically prove things like origins, meaning, morality, and destiny? Those are not matters of science — those are philosophical questions... and a philosophy is required in order to do science... Which is why it was the theists who gave us scientific inquiry! 6.) What do you mean when you say "good"? Who or what is your standard of good? 7.) What could be more important than the truth about whether or not God exists? Hey, don't mind me! I'm was just thinking...

be cause humans have an inherent us and them mentality

[spoiler] youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo [spoiler]

t. an actual catholic

It's the natural result of taking an ethnic cult that despises other gods and people like Judaism and transposing it onto a multiethnic imperial Roman identity. When you incorporate ideas like a chosen people and divine providence, other religions are inherently treasonous to both state and religion, and thus in league with the enemy (i.e. Satan). It has a lot to do with justifying hostility to and separation from a social and political adversary that is considered an active threat to the civilized state.

For Imperial Arab culture, this would take the form of denouncing other religions as polytheists rather than devil worshipers, for example. It's more a literary trope that got repeated so often that some people take it literally. It's not so different from other Biblical or Classical metaphors.

A good example is how many reactionaries today think of everything they dislike being 'Jews.' Jewish culture and intellectualism was a very specific enemy in their ideology's founding texts, and so when used as a metaphor against people or behavior that have no relationship to Judaism or the Jewish people it's meant to convey these feelings of facing a hostile and secret adversary. And it can be used so often that some will take the label seriously.

>I mean from my perspective Christ could just be a demon or minor god masquerading as God yet nobody ever seems capable of refuting that aside from the claim being a huge sin.
Fucking this.
Every time I ask this question Christians just completely avoid the issue by pretending it's self evident that Jesus claim of divinity is inherently more trustworthy than any other claim of divinity.
Especially in a religion that is all about fearmongering some devil boogieman tricking you into worshiping the wrong thing and damning you to an eternal hell.

All religions do it. It's tribalism and in the case of Christianity not really heavily endorsed by the new testament

Genuine praise in the religious sense can be in fear of hell and shit. Praise is worship not telling God his ass doesn't look big in that dress.

Riddle me this christians:

If god is omniscient, free will doesn't exist. And therefore our salvation or damnation is predetermined.

So is Yahweh creating people for the sole purpose of filling places in hell? How could you say with a straight face he loves us if he pulls that crap?

Ok and the responsibility still lies with the parents who have a requirement to care for their child. Don't you realise that the parents of that child would be charged with child abuse/neglect?
In the case of God, he has allowed false doctrine into the church numerous times and false religions onto this world which he himself wrote, like a parent who just so happens to leave the door to the family open for the wolves to come in and butcher the children. I couldn't love somebody like that.
>Right because things like, not stealing, or murdering people is TOTALLY equivalent to "something minor like talking back to them".
From a human perspective you don't have to do anything wrong to be damned. A child who is born, doesn't hear the gospels and dies would still go to hell without any sinful actions of that degree.

Jesus Christ told nothing but the truth. Satan is incapable of telling the truth. Seems pretty obvious that Jesus cannot be Satan since he never lied.

>If god is omniscient, free will doesn't exist.
Incorrect. God is omniscient and we have free will.

If yahweh knows everything though, he logically must know what WILL happen, meaning your actions are set in stone and out of your direct control.

On what basis do you make those claims?
If Christ was a demon, then everything he said or taught could be false or it could be partially true and mostly false.
The whole interpretation of demons and satan relies on christian mythology which was created primarily through what Christ said and taught to his disciples. Wouldn't it make sense for a demon to teach that he couldn't lie in order to legitimise his position?

Technically God sees a web of all possible results for every action you can take. It is your own will that crystallizes those infinite possibilities into a single actuality. God is therefore omniscient because he can see all possible futures while you are the one who picks the one that gets transformed into reality.

God himself spoke twice on behalf of Jesus.

>And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Why would God himself speak on behalf of Satan?

>implying only one universe
he knows every possible permutation that will exist

Ok let's assume that somebody saw jesus being baptised and saw the sky opening up and a voice saying what it says in the gospels.
Why is that so important to you? Compare it to the magic that the egyptians were able to use with their magic which was presumably not from god. They were able to cast a spell which transformed the entire Nile into blood.
Now when we consider how much more powerful a demon must be it really isn't that perplexing that it'd be able to do magic on a much larger scale. I myself believe that the god of the hebrews was just one of many gods that exist and that what happened in the hebrew bible actually happened, but I also believe in the gods of my ancestors who through cunning lead the hebrews away from their god with the demon pretending to be god since he needs to be punished for his arrogance.

>Don't you realise that the parents of that child would be charged with child abuse/neglect?

>being charged with child abuse
>because you didn't treat your child like a prisoner and keep them under lock and key

Stop being silly.

>A child who is born, doesn't hear the gospels and dies would still go to hell without any sinful actions of that degree.
How do you know?

>Stop being silly
Maybe we are just a part of different cultures and see things differently.
At least here in the west we would look down on parents who don't protect their children until they can look after themselves and consider them to be terrible parents not worthy of respect.
>How do you know?
John 14:6

Even if that were true, God created your brain both by genetics and by placing you in a specific environment (and if you so believe, created your soul.) He knew exactly what choices you would make and created you like that anyway, rather tan making you a touch more or less X or making you without Y. Just saying the words "free will" doesn't absolve God of responsibility.

>At least here in the west we would look down on parents who don't protect their children until they can look after themselves and consider them to be terrible parents not worthy of respect.

Not everyone in the west is a neurotic helicopter parent that ties their child to the bed at night so they can't run away senpai a lam.

>John 14:6
>“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
That doesn't say anything about children who die without hearing the gospels going to hell. It's actually amusingly ironic because you're projecting your materialist "only the physical world exists or matters" mentality onto the idea of a religious after-life.

>Just saying the words "free will" doesn't absolve God of responsibility.
Why?

Your choices are your own.

>Why the fuck do christians tend to demonize everything that isn't christian?

If there is only one God, the Christian God(which is definition ally what Christians believe, right?) then worshipping anything else is in error, is a lie. Under Christian doctrine held by those who believe in a literal Satan, who is held to be the father of Lies, worshipping false gods must be essentially worshipping Satan -- there s nobody else! -- or at least worshipping according to a deceit of Satan.

Because words have meanings. There are no get out of jail free cards. If you want to absolve God of his responsibility while maintaining omniscience and omnipotence, you actually have to do the work of harmonizing the concepts, if such a thing is even possible, rather than just repeat the words "free will" as a mantra.
And who created the "you" who makes those choices? Who made the choice to make that "you" as an x rather than a y?

>Who made the choice to make that "you" as an x rather than a y?
It doesn't matter. Both X and Y are capable of making the decisions that lead them to God. Having different circumstances in your life doesn't absolve you from making the wrong choices. Your choices are yours alone. Have the courage to live by them instead of meekly crying out that you were a victim of circumstance

>Both X and Y are capable of making the decisions that lead them to God.
For a moment, let's assume the whole fall-of-Satan story is accurate. Would Satan's "free will" have been violated if God had originally created him as less prideful that he ended up being?

> If you want to absolve God of his responsibility while maintaining omniscience and omnipotence, you actually have to do the work of harmonizing the concepts,
Wrong.
It is precisely because words have meaning and are therefore limited and incapable of describing something that is unlimited that this is the case.

The limitations of language are not reflective of the limitations of an omnipotent entity, and any attempt to "trap" such a concept using quirks of language has about much chance of success as draining a lake with a bucket with a hole in the bottom.

Abrahamic religious bodies tended to be governing state institutions throughout history so they had a vested interest in delegitimizing everything that wasn't theirs unlike the more benign eastern and pagan faiths. Even so there were still periods of xenophobia in places like China and Japan.

Because it's true?

>hurr why is grass green!
>why do birds fly!?

OP you should watch Bill Cooper's work. Paganism and false religions are all connected.

>unlike the more benign eastern and pagan faiths.
It blows my mind that people genuinely believe religious wars are a purely Abrahamic phenomenon.

>It is precisely because words have meaning and are therefore limited and incapable of describing something that is unlimited that this is the case.
Then why use language at all to speak about the phenomenon? Why was the Bible not written in not-language, as to actually and effectively communicate the infinite?

Genuinely sorry for your loss user

Islam is a satanic counterfeit religion. Mohammed got "divine revelation" from a demonic entity in a cave.

Jews (Talmudic, Babylonian Judaism) is as Jesus put it, the Synagogue of Satan.

Paganism is literally witchcraft/occultism for the masses.

Hinduism is paganism/pantheism. They believe in the same things that Luciferians believe in.

Anyone that denies Christ's deity and the Gospel (Grace through Faith) is an antichrist.

>what is the Holy Spirit

Not the Bible, which as an introduction is clearly inadequate because it makes use of such a limited medium.

I did say the more benign eastern faiths that hadn't become important imperial institutions.
State Confucianism and Shintoism did behave oppressively.
While under the reign of empires such as the Sassanids, Mauryas, Guptas, and even under the at times xenophobic Tang dynasty, various religious currents flourished.

I didn't realize god was a high school girl/boyfriend.

Its probably what they use to excuse their theocracies and keep themselves from being influenced from outside sources.

Cause history isn't full of examples of bad shit that happens to those that isolate themselves. Nope. Not one.

>Then why use language at all to speak about the phenomenon?
because that's all we can do?
>Why was the Bible not written in not-language, as to actually and effectively communicate the infinite?
because it was written by people and not God, and people don't communicate using "not-language"?

This is pretty basic stuff user.

> got "divine revelation" from a demonic entity in a cave.
No it wasn't, it was a cleverly compiled hodgepodge of beliefs similar to how Joseph Smith did and was greatly successful.

Judaism is an obsolete Canaanite religion.

>Hinduism is paganism/pantheism. They believe in the same things that Luciferians believe in.
>Anyone that denies Christ's deity and the Gospel (Grace through Faith) is an antichrist.

That's just your christcuck opinion.

>While under the reign of empires such as the Sassanids, Mauryas, Guptas, and even under the at times xenophobic Tang dynasty, various religious currents flourished.

Did they?
I'm skeptical of the idea that all these empires experience zero religious tensions what so ever.

>because that's all we can do?
But we can't do that, remember? Any attempt to use human language and reason is doomed to fail, which is why you don't need to harmonize free will with omniscience.

>because it was written by people and not God, and people don't communicate using "not-language"?
So we're at an impasse. We can't use language to discuss God logically, and we can't use not-language to do it, so what can we do?

It seems that the existence of God is self-evident. Now those things are said to be self-evident to us the knowledge of which is naturally implanted in us, as we can see in regard to first principles. But as Damascene says, "the knowledge of God is naturally implanted in all." Therefore the existence of God is self-evident.

Further, those things are said to be self-evident which are known as soon as the terms are known, which the Philosopher says is true of the first principles of demonstration. Thus, when the nature of a whole and of a part is known, it is at once recognized that every whole is greater than its part. But as soon as the signification of the word "God" is understood, it is at once seen that God exists. For by this word is signified that thing than which nothing greater can be conceived. But that which exists actually and mentally is greater than that which exists only mentally. Therefore, since as soon as the word "God" is understood it exists mentally, it also follows that it exists actually. Therefore the proposition "God exists" is self-evident.

Why did God not bother appearing to Americans and his messengers that did appear genocided them? Seems like shitty god.

They probably had their disputes but it doesn't seem to have come to a full blown jihad or crusade or genocide.

>why does [cult] centered around cultural and financial domination of its members demonize everything outside [cult]

Because if they allow their members to establish a baseline against which to compare [cult]'s literally retarded and arbitrary dogma then there wouldn't BE any members and the whole scheme would fall apart.

fpbp

It's kind of sad to be honest.

If you're going to believe irrational nonsense at least have some respect for other people that believe irrational nonsense.

I guess they're just butthurt because the traditional """""arguments""""""" they try and deploy against the non-religious support other religions just as much as their own, so they have to resort to "that's Satan!!!!".

Protip retard, Young Earth Creationists DO accept evolution as a fact, they merely dispute the mechanism (natural selection vs god's intervention).

Irreducible complexity man. Many creatures depend on physiological structures that could not have just evolved randomly.

The theory of evolution has been debunked years ago.

Anyone who still clings to this retarded myth is laughably stupid.

Evolution is a religion that has hijacked academia and masqueraides itself as pseudo-science. The only thing keeping it afloat is government funding.

>The only thing keeping it afloat is government funding.

What?

When has the Saudi government ever put money into funding non-religious research?

>Irreducible complexity man

Doesn't exist. Every single attempt by fundies to find an example of an irreducibly complex part has been BTFO.

>evolved randomly.

Evolution is not random.