Historical Photographs

Another historical photograph thread

Any period or subject is welcomed.

>Inb4 someone posts that Come and See pic
>Inb4 someone posts reenactment pics with shitty black & white filters

Pic related is probably one of the first combat photographs ever taken. It was shot during the Franco-Prussian war of 1870.

>historical photos thread
>again another WW1/2 image dump
Sometimes I think I am to naive to expect something else from you autists.

Way to contribute, user.

You're welcome to contribute whatever you like, autist

>"Warsaw's Prudential Hotel taking a direct hit from a 2-ton shell, fired from a Karl-Gerät. Over the course of the 2 month uprising, the building would be hit by over 1000 artillery shells, yet remained standing."

Not only that you fags post shit from the same period over and over again, you post the exact same photos.

Again no contribution.

relax user

Here you go

>when mother in law sees your d

This boy later become a nazi

those pics made me sad

>sense and simplicity

I think he may be taking it a little far.

>storming a trench
>some nigger throws a snowball at you

Pretty sure he's German, not Austrian.

>"Polish and Hungarian soldiers embrace as a border is established between the two countries following a seizure of land from Czechoslovakia"

Graf Zeppelin repairs mid-flight.

christ, that view

>the end of one era; the beginning of another

The border between Northern Ireland and the Ireland during WW2.

>That guy sitting on the edge
wew

Did the Germans support Ireland during WW2? I ask because of the stahlhelms ofc

The helmets were produced by the Vickers company in Britain for the Irish Army. I believe they were replaced by the Brodie helmet after 1940 simply because they looked a lot like German helmets.

Germany's Abwehr did cooperate with the IRA, I believe.

Model 1916 Stahlhelm was adopted by the Irish Free State Army in the 1920s; they got a lot of surplus German military equipment via Britain. Later copies of the M16 were made by Vickers; they can be denoted by the badge affixed to the front of the helmet.

The cut of their uniform was rather German as well, but they used British webbing and weaponry.

>I believe they were replaced by the Brodie helmet after 1940 simply because they looked a lot like German helmets.
And also because surplus Brodies from Britain were much much cheaper. Basically all their kit was surplus British gear after WW2 ended.
>pic related, the new uniform and the old together

The Stahlhelm and the SMLE look pretty sharp together.

as you continue to post nada

Tbh if this board was completely free of anything ww2 related this board would be a couple times better