Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/summa/1002.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>importance
>religion

>being an atheist

>WESTORN CIVILISHUN
Leave, /pol/yp

Level 4: be an atheist but participate in all of the rituals of the religion you were born into to virtue signal.

AKA LARPing

>meaningless greentext

>western civilization isn't a valid term
Leave, dumbass

It means literally nothing. It's a buzzword /pol/yps use when they mean "white"

Having a binding set of morals which are in coherence with the society you live in is a benefit I'd say. Religion provided this and if we don't replace it with an alternative society will degrade. Not OP but surely you can see that importance, even if you don't necessarily agree with the morality imposed by a particular religion?

Looks about right.

level 5:
found your own religion and gain followers

I think Reddit is more your speed.

Slavs are white and aren't part of The West.

Some are, some are not

Epic rebuttle, /pol/yp
Most /pol/yps don't consider them white
Also,
>white
What makes someone white?

As much as I hate /pol/, western civilization is a completely valid term and is used in many academic contexts.

>What makes someone white?
pink nipples

Religion is useful to control the population. Most people can function properly without religion and give in to anomy. Many conservative Roman thinkers didn't believe in the gods but supported religion to keep the cohesiveness of society. I support their view. There is also the possibility of using a lay religion, like communism for the Soviet Union or the American civil religion, but i think it's not nearly as efficient as a proper religion.

Western civilization exists no matter how much you despise it, Pedro/Abdul.

It refers to the liberal democracies in western europe (and a few of its ex-colonies with similar political systems such as Canada and Australia) who share similar cultures and ways of thinking. Nothing to do with colour of skin, many white-skinned peoples are not included in this group.

It's a common term. Why are you so butthurt by it?

>West = Western Europe and it's colonies
>East = East Asia
>Muslim World = non Sub Saharan Muslim countries
>Latin America = Former Spanish/Portuguese colonies in America
>Sub Sahara Africa = Countries below the Sahara desert
And many more

I understand that, but I hate it when idiots (/pol/yps) use it as a unifying banner to regard all "whites", as if all whites want to unify and kick out all those shitskins for the name of westorn civilsatiun!!!

>Most /pol/yps don't consider them white
and what? that makes it true? fuck off

this thread had nothing to do with race till you made it about that

But they don't. They always claim that Slavs aren't part of it.

>Realizing the importance of something but rejecting or not practicing it
That's stupid. That's like being against the obesity epidemic but being a 600 pound fatass

We do,though. Becoming a minority in your ancestral homeland is bad. In fact being a minority is inherently bad. Read up on intersectionality.

That's true, but I don't think OP meant it in that way. This board is generally pretty good about not being /pol/-ish.

>MUH PEOPLE
>MUH ANCESTORS
Leave, /pol/yp

>come back to my thread
>some fag sperging out about a term used in my meme image
epic

>That's like being against the obesity epidemic but being a 600 pound fatass

Nope, that's like being against the obesity epidemic but not actively doing anything to stop it.

Are you denying being a minority is bad? Are you denying entire academic disciplines that are devoted to studying this?

>intersectionality
>/pol/yp

Get the fuck back to plebbit you ignorant retard.

For LARPers, yes being a minority might suck because strangers might not have the same color of cock as you.
KYS, /pol/yp

Level 4: Recognize religion is for simple, lazy people who don't want to earn their way by crossing the desert on their own. Everything is forgiven in religion, except when it's punishable by death or eternal rape.

White privilege exists and I will fight tooth and nail to ensure it continues to exist.

This.

People who fall into the "God tier" category usually end up doing this.

>Whites uniting under the banner of western civilization scares me
Leave

I bet you will, LARPer

>I cannot read
Typical /pol/yp. Shouldent you be worshiping white cock like our proud ancestors did?

Reddit autism destroys another thread...

>Eveything I don't like is Reddit
/pol/yps, everybody.

>western culture is nazi culture
why can't liberals into logic?

>white people are evil I hate them even though I live high on the hog in countries white people built

Reddit everyone

>says the person who raged at a term for no reason

Pol has a Nazi culture, and pol used the term to describe everything white. Learn to read
I like white people too /pol/yp, I just don't live in a fantasy world where all whites are united and love eachother

Never raged, just giving my thoughts, /pol/yp

You know how in all your Reddit fantasies humans unite to fight aliens? Well whites will eventually unite to kick out the Muslims when the demographic time bomb reaches a boiling point.

It's not normal to instantly think of an imageboard when someone uses a common geopolitical term.

You might need help.

Yes /pol/yup! Yes! That will totally happen! It's not like whites themselves are pushing for more people that are not white to come into EUROPA!!!

Just wait redditor you shall see
White people will not go the way of the Native American
Peacefully

Level ∞
Realize that Western society is a transient phase in the development of humanity, and we must be prepared to relinquish our sentimental ties to the old paradigm in order to move forward as a species

Can you LARP any harder?

my level
you're still not on it.

Why does it anger you so? Le pen will win and the EU will be dismantled within 5 years. Putin is throwing money at every far right organization in Europe that he can. I'd buy a plane ticket to Algiers if I were you Abdul!

I'm 3, though I wouldn't be so narcissistic to call myself so great.

So, level 3 is "has studied history" okay, but even then you can still be an intellectual and be fundamentally against religion. The question is whether or not humanity would have been able to do the great things it did sans religion. Some people say no, some people say yes. I side with religion, I think there's something about reaching beyond base human nature that is inherently a religious experience though I don't know if Catholicism deserves as much credit as some people give it.

I know this is a humanities board so you people dont believe in numbers and statistics but if your theory is that religion is fundamental to civilization why do real life statistics show atheist and societies people are more civilized?

Atheistic societies in modern times?

When people are well off enough usually so they don't need the threat of eternal hellfire to keep them in line?

In modern times in most mildly developed countries you don't exactly have the opportunity to discreetly kill a guy and steal his land like you used to be able to. That's where religion helped.

>not being an agnostic atheist

>West = Western Europe and it's colonies
So Africa is western now?

You have no evidence to support your ridiculous claims

South Africa debatably. He's obviously referring more to North America / Australia, though, they are almost always part of the category when someone says "western countries".

No evidence to support what?

The burden of proof that atheistic countries are more civilized lies with you. And modern society is not going to be the major reference of the utility of religion.

Secular countries didn't emerge from a vacuum, you know.

Its common knowledge just look at national statistics

"Just look it up lmao."

You already know what I'm reffering to, its common knowledge I'm not doing your googling in my phone

Name a single country that's mostly Atheist.

The only one I know is Russia.

Are you fucking kidding? France? UK? Denmark? russia is mostly orthodox christian

He's probably conflating "atheist" and "secular"

Orthodox Christianity has been on the rise since the fall of the Soviet Union, yes. But they've had a very large atheist population for much of their recent history.

Even now they have more atheists than any of the 3 countries you mentioned, unless you just assume anyone who doesn't care or is agnostic is an atheist.

>France?

Overwhelmingly catholic. 83–88%,

>UK

59.3% Christian

>Denmark

80% Christian

That's not including minority religions.

The big issue is he's confusing people who simply don't care or say they're atheists with "convinced" atheists, people who have a full belief that there is no god.

Atheism isn't even a good indicator of the non-religious status of a nation. For that, you'd need to include everyone who doesn't have a religion or who admits to not being dedicated to their faith.

>According to the Eurobarometer Poll conducted in 2010,[3] 27% of French citizens responded that "they believe there is a God"
>A Eurobarometer opinion poll in 2010 reported that 37 per cent of UK citizens "believed there is a God",
>According to a Eurobarometer Poll conducted in 2010,[2] 28% of Danish citizens responded that "they believe there is a God"
Are you American by anychance?
There is no evidence supporting that the majority of soviet union populace was atheist

You can say that about europeans but not the americas or australia. That's amerindians homeland. And they are a minority in their own lands.

Religion used to be a very useful tool to control people with, though today it is not so much. The media is much more useful today

>There is no evidence supporting that the majority of soviet union populace was atheist

They were basically forced by the state to become atheists, or it was off to camp.

Thats stupid

if the wellbeing of our civilization is dependent on lies it should fall

>liberal democracies

So its a relatively new thing? Was Nazi Germany western? Why some colonies and not others?

Western civilization is a retarded term.

>if the wellbeing of our civilization is dependent on lies it should fall

Why?

>russia is mostly orthodox christian

Most Russians are actually Catholics, they just don't know that they are.

please name all the great civilisations that have existed that were atheist

All civilizations are based on lies. Your only choice is which lies you choose to follow

Truly God Tier is realising that religion is just a bit of fun and you should only partake if you like the aesthetic.

Numerous Indian civilisations.

The problem is the existence of God is indisputable logical fact

As Stirner aptly pointed out, humanism is a religion, so you don't need Christianity if you have secular humanism.

Humanism is even worse than Christfaggotry though

>trying to force me to believe hairless apes are special because it makes your feelsies have purpose

Read this if you want undeniable proof of Gods existence

newadvent.org/summa/1002.htm

But the importance doesn't have to do with religion, just the fact that religion is some form of moral tradition. It could be any moral tradition

>being called a /pol/yp

I ain't even mad

desu I was raised as an atheist and I can't get myself to believe anything, but I think a soft religious law to complement the secular law would be good

Some people cannot get kept in check by the fear of jail and would be kept in check by the fear of hell instead

Also yes, no matter what, you cannot deliberately shit openly on a religion that has been your country's history for 1500 years

Not precisely, the power of religion as a moral tradition comes from the fact that it has objective morality that comes from a higher authority than Man. A manmade system of morality can be freely altered and edited by men to suit their whims, not so with the morality from God.

Subjective morality will always fail because no man has higher authority than another when it comes to creating their own personal value systems. What happens when two people with completely different value systems collide? They fight. We're seeing it all over the west at the moment, elections are being won on a knifes edge while left and right become more polarized, each side believing the other to be a direct threat to their nations.

Euthyphro's dilemma.

There's literally nothing wrong with being autistic, a redditor or a /pol/ack.

>Saving Western Civilsation is equating to /pol/
I hate this board sometimes

Triggered darkie detected

You know that /pol/ is 90% larping asian kids, right?