Tfw the universe is my will

>tfw the universe is my will

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/files/38427/38427-pdf.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's really not what he meant.

Read the world as will and representation before talking out of your ass.
He litterally says that every man could say and must say "The world is my will".

Yeah, thanks, my wikipeducated friend, but I have read it, and to say that the universe is anyone's personal will is an embarrassingly retarded mischaracterization of what Schopenhauer says in that damn book. You're an idiot.

>tfw someone tells me that quantum mechanics proves the universe is generated by human consciousness
If we had a chimpanzee witness the interactions of subatomic particles, would his mere presence be able to influence the outcome as well?

Rather, you're an expression of this "will" AKA biological shitstain fighting entropy in a deterministic framework.

> This truth, which must be very serious and impressive if not awful to every one, is
that a man can also say and must say "the world is my will".

Page 31 of gutenberg.org/files/38427/38427-pdf.pdf

Who's the idiot now?

You seem upset.

You are the idiot. An even bigger one than initially suspected. That quote is flavor text from the introduction, literally from the very first chapter, and then, in the subsequent 700+ pages, the fucker explains in excruciating detail what it is that he actually means when he says "will". It's not a personal will, it's not intentionality or anything like that. Schopenhauer's "will" is best understood as inherently incomprehensible, underlying forces of nature that comprise and order the world as we perceive it. It is not a fucking "human will", it is not YOUR will, and that stupid quote carries a deliberate double meaning just for shits and giggles, because Schopenhauer was a cheeky Kekmeister.

You really haven't even read that goddamn book, have you? Not even the entirety of that first chapter, where he already alludes to his use of the word "will" being different from conventional usages. Why make a thread about something you know literally nothing about? I'm disgusted, and so is the ghost of Schopenhauer.

Without looking it up, i'm pretty sure he meant it in the sense of "my entire reality/world is merely the expression of the will".

Not really, though the thread IS spam and the OP is likely underage.

The redpill is a tough pill to swallow, I admitt.
What stops you from saying "The universe is my will"?

27 "You have heard that it was said,
'You shall not commit adultery;'
28 but I tell you that everyone who gazes at a
woman to lust after her has committed
adultery with her already in his heart.

Pretty sure he meant it in the sense that the universe is my will.

BTFO.

My person of color.

Samefag

Samefag

So it turns out people really relate to your meme.
I've already made my mind anyway. The universe always has been and will always be my will. Your resistance only strenghtens my belief.

Just an open question to all the naysayers ITT:
What stops you from saying "The universe is my will"?

Reality.

The universe is my will

If it's already yours, it can't be mine.

>tfw your will is mine

9 Then the devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! 10 For the Scriptures say,

‘He will order his angels to protect and guard you.
11 And they will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’”

That's a very powerful thought. The only thing you might ever know for sure.
To me, the universe is my will. Only to me. How about YOU?

thanks for the abridged version of the text. you saved me a few long and contemplative weeks of reading.

That is true, in reference to YOU.
Your will is my will to me.

If you're me then who am I?

Like me but not as good at it.