I FUCKIN LOST ALL MY COINS

I THOUGHT THIS SHIT IS SAFE, ENCRYPTED, HACK FREE

WRONG!!!

my wallet.dat file is currupted , says not savagable.

all I have is now private key or whatever

but when I try to import the key

it goes json parsing fail!!!

what the fuck is this shit what is this even mean
you fucking nerds got me

I lost all my money!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.bitcoin.it/w/index.php?title=Help:How_to_import_private_keys_in_Bitcoin_Core_0.7+&redirect=no
youtube.com/watch?v=F8MlRGvri-c
chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/address.dws?2VA7nAN9QVzA4X51apdqB16WdJYJg5B6uM.htm
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4odi90/can_someone_explain_cpfp_child_pays_for_parent/
myetherwallet.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should have left it on the exchange.

F

F

FUCKING FUCKERS TOLD ME EXCHANGE IS NOT SAFE!

YOU FUCKERS HATE YOU ALL

paste your private key here, I'll have a look.

Dude, just recompile the Json to the JVM and boot the private key into a quark binary insertion.

do this op

Always print out your private keys.

dont do that OP

>see all the stuff about hardware wallets like trezors
>long ass wait list
>buy chromebook for $150 to use as dedicated wallet
>only ever go to poloniex and myetherwallet on it
>can't download json key for it

>buying a chromebook

just buy gold user

Sorry that happened, man, but maybe you can be a good example to other people here.

A whole lot of virgins and NEETs should just quit while they're ahead.

That's the thing about crypto - easy to throw money in, almost impossible to ever get it out. Encryption means constantly rising risk you lose your passwords or fuck up your wallets over time.

There will be many more stories like this before it's over.

Some will literally think they made six or seven figures and be unable to access it. They will turn ghost white and spend the rest of their natural lives cursing their misfortune.

STOP MAKING FUN OF ME

IM A MECHANICAL ENGINEER AND I KNOW WHAT QUARK IS. I DID PHYSICS 101 AGES AGO. ITS A SMALL PARTICLE, SMALLER THAN ELECTRON.

YOU FUCKERS I THOUGHT JUST KEEP PRIVATE KEY SOMEWHERE SAFE IS GOOD ENOUGH. AND I CAN LIVE HAPPY WITH MY CRYPTOS FOREVER.

WRONG!
FUCKING WRONG MY ONE MONTH WAGE IS GONE!

Happened to me with 300k bitbean shit sucks

Damn I feel much better about keeping shit on coinbase now.

do backups next time, that's what they're for

DO NOT BUY CRYPTOS. NO MATTER YOU BACK UP YOU ARE ALWAYS IN RISK OF LOOSING IT.

I BACKED UP MASTER PUBLIC KEY, PRIVATE KEY. WALLET.DAT. AND EVEN PRINTED OUT QR CODE

NO ALL ARE NOT WORKING

wallet.dat is currupted

master public key dont know what the fuck it use for

private key have error . json parsing fail

wtf! fuck you fuck you all fuckfuckfuck

What kind of wallet was that. Ethereum or bitcoin ?

Can't you fix your JSON file?

YOU FUCK I DID ALL BACK UPS READ MY POST

Take the private key out of the JSON, or fix the JSON.

it was electrum, and i wanted to import to qt client

also give me your private key since you don't need it anymore

dumb ke kcolds lmao

Thats life OP.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I HAVE THE PRIVATE KEY ON EXCEL. NO ITS NOT WORKING

it gives me this error

"json parsing fail "

You never import the QT, never.

You clearly don't understand how this works and therefore dramatically increased your risk.
I feel for ya man but you should really take a minute to UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU CONVERTED YOUR MONEY INTO AND HOW TO STORE IT.

wtf i studied crypto shit for 3 days. I read all tips about backups and did everything I could.

Do you still have your seed words?

Best advice in this thread.

Every talks about how scary the exchanges are, but the average newcoiner has no idea how to handle HD wallets. Probably best they leave coins online. No way you can lose it with two factor authentication set up.

None of the big guys are pulling another Box.

bro, don't get mad with me just because you don't understand.

Okay, you need to make a JSON file to put the private key into.

Just load your back up OP :)

well, I tried to use console command

importprivkey

is this what suppose to do? what is json file thing

Here follow these instructions to import with the debug window.

en.bitcoin.it/w/index.php?title=Help:How_to_import_private_keys_in_Bitcoin_Core_0.7+&redirect=no

>private key have error . json parsing fail
So? Do you still have the private key or not? Who cares about some json shit, if you have the private key you're good.

backups aren't backups if you can't restore them

if you have your private keys then try sweeping them into another wallet. I just had to do this to get my coins out of an exodus wallet that was trying to make me pay a $96 miners fee.

yes I have but its not working

I am new to Crypto as well OP, I just leave my money on the exchanges (Polo), when you cash out your money is not in circulation and is kept in its own virtual cold wallet.

you dun goof'd OP and I hope you learned a lesson.

Go to myetherwallet.com, View Wallet Info, select "private key", paste your private key, click unlock. If it shows you balance there you can simply send your eth to a new wallet.

Are you fucking stupid or something? A coinbase account with a strong password managed by a password manager, 2-step authentication, and the coins separately password protected again in their vault setup is 1000 times safer than relying on your OS, which is the security equivalent to Swiss cheese, to store your coins.

Any hacker who's able to exploit Coinbase directly, and not just someone targeting you with some sort of phishing attacks, are more than likely stealing from people who have shit loads of coinage and not you.

I'll actually try to help you given the scarce information you posted OP.

You say you used Electrum. Did you make a wallet based on a seed (a bunch of English words)? If so, make a new wallet in Electrum and choose to recover from an existing seed, enter it, and your coins should be accessible again.

If you do not have a seed but do have private keys, create a new seed-based wallet in Electrum. Write down the seed carefully, you can use it to recover all your coins in the future, it's all you'll ever need. Once the wallet is created, go to the top menu and click Wallet -> Private Keys -> Sweep. Paste all your private keys in there (without JSON) and execute it. This will transfer all coins from those keys into your new seed-based wallet. Wait for them to confirm and you have access to your coins again.

yeah some fucker told me exchange are scam

and scared shit out of me to withdraw moeny outta exchange. I HOPE EVERYONE JUST LEAVE THEIR SHIT ON EXCHANGE

This is the syntax:

importprivkey L1SLw5C14f8KBZCfUow3h5acEfC8ZLMiLo3fgoDWxHjCTuzyGPcd 'Label'

Or, you could just use a different wallet. The coins are on the blockchain, not your PC or a exchange. As long as you have the private key, you can get it back.

ok this is my story

This is mooncoin

I invested $4000 at 1 satoshi

Someone scared me make me withdraw money from the exchange. bluetrade. the site look fishy as hell.

I download electrum_moon. since I only know how to use electrum.

fund is received. I try to send it to cex exchange.

coin is unconfirmed for 48 hours. I get worried

try to recover fund from other client . mooncoin_qt

try import private key.. it fail

me mad

is this nigga trying to import a mooncoin wallet into ethereum or what
lmao

there is received transaction on blockchain

but not sent one.

must be this moon_electrum is old outdated client.

>hackers get my debit card info
>only has 3 bucks on it

Are you fucking kidding me? You RETARD you FUCKING MOVED MOONCOIN INTO ANOTHER COIN WALLET

Nobody ever said anything about ETH.

IT WAS MOON_ELECTRUM YOU FUCK. IT SHOWS MOON COINS ON ELECTRUM CLINENT

NO ITS NOT! ITS MOONCOIN ELECTRUM and i want to recover it on MOON_QT

What is the Tx ID from when you sent it from electrum_moon?

Its not appearing on blockchain. seems like it never created thats whay I found something is wrong and try to change my wallet.

the transaction detail shows -1 confrimation

This, post the TX ID.

What's the public address you sent it to then?

i tried to search up my TX ID on moon blockchain exlporer. NOPE. not there. I can see the TX ID on the moon_electrum but not on the blockchain explorer. this shit has go -1 confirmation for 48hours

youtube.com/watch?v=F8MlRGvri-c

chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/address.dws?2VA7nAN9QVzA4X51apdqB16WdJYJg5B6uM.htm

Stuck in the mempool because of low fees then? There is a way to manually delete the transaction in Electrum so that you can double spend the coins. If you do it with a much higher fee you'll be able to recover it fast that way. (I'm just assuming it's the same as BTC, I don't know anything about mooncoin.)

Was your client fully synced when you sent? Are all the coins gone from electrum? Do you have screenshots?

Calm down dude.

help me out

some IT genius help me out

You might be able to roll back the transactions to 1113950, then resync.

how do i do that

> dont invest more than you can loose
> invests a 12th of his yearly income
> rages when lost
> can't afford to loose

this thread has me scared as fuck desu.

i backed up all my wallets, and put them on a file on 2 usb's. i have no idea if this will help if say my originals get corrupted or computer damaged

how do i be completely safe?

All very true. Much like communism, decentralization is a pipe dream. It aims to solve problems inherent to the human condition, yet the proposed solution is to assume people will behave like robots. We don't have topdown governments and banks because we love taking it up the ass, but because we're fallible social creatures and a trustless system goes against our instincts.

Incidentally, this is why those of you worried those opportunities are going to dry out can rest easy. You can expect many more years of fruitful speculation in the crypto space as it continues to prove too hard for regular people. There will be numerous services aiming to make the ecosystem more accessible and most of them will fail. Crypto is meritocratic by design, the level of personal investment required can't be abstracted away.

I am looking into it.

yeah no shit, I did all backup methods proposed on the web. guess what none worked

Did you mark the transaction as "respendable" (if that's even possible with mooncoin)?

If not, I can walk you though the steps of double spending it for a higher fee. I have no clue whether the 0.000226 fee is to low or not. Can somebody more versed in mooncoin chime in here?

Don't worry, his coins are safe. They are still in his address. He just needs to replay some transactions from a certain point to get resynced so it matches what is on the blockchain.

someone told me my client is old ass version, and may be account is frozen, do you think this is the case? and how the fuck I was able to receive it at the first place

Export/backup in whatever program you use. Encrypt the files with a complicated password and put them on like 10 different file hosting sites (drive, dropbox, etc.). The chances of every CDN getting hit with an EMP or nuke is as low as someone breaking in and then decrypting your wallet files. Paper can be burnt. Hardware can be destroyed or stolen. Exchanges can be hacked or just outright rob you.

There's no such thing as an account and who would even freeze it? You have the private key, it's all yours.

I had a passion for decentralised world, no governing body to do wicked shit.

I trusted we could make the world better place.

removing bankers, middle man, manipulated ledgers.

now I want bankers and their support line to hlep me this shit.

but no. noone. im alone. my fund are missing on the wire. no one to get help. no one is responsible.

Okay, what you need to do is make a "child pays for parent" transaction with a higher tx fee, or just wait.

My transaction has been unconfirmed for a long time. What can I do?
Bitcoin transactions become ‘confirmed’ when miners accept to write them in the Bitcoin blockchain. In general, the speed of confirmation depends on the fee you attach to your transaction; miners prioritize transaction that pay the highest fees.

Recent versions of Electrum use ‘dynamic fees’, in order to make sure that the fee you pay with your transaction is adequate. This feature is enabled by default in recent versions of Electrum.

If you have made a transaction that is unconfirmed, you can:

Wait for a long time. Eventually, your transaction will either be confirmed or cancelled. This might take several days.
Increase the transaction fee. This is only possible for ‘replaceable’ transactions. To create this type of transaction, you must have enabled ‘Replace by Fee’ in your preferences, before sending the transaction.
Create a ‘Child Pays For Parent’ transaction. A CPFP is a new transaction, that pays a high fee in order to compensate for the small fee of its parent transaction. It can be done by the recipient of the funds, or by the sender, if the transaction has a change output.

Quite the dramatist, are you?

Read this:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4odi90/can_someone_explain_cpfp_child_pays_for_parent/

Does mooncoin support CPFP?

Guys I'm ordering a Nano ledger s to get my ETH off Coinbase, it can't get corrupted or anything like OP, r-right?

>buy chromebook
Enjoy backdoors faggot.

It should, the mooncoin is based on the bitcoin client. I am not sure.

Of course it can. Anything can be corrupted so put your private keys in like 4 different places. OP just probably didn't pay enough transaction fee and nobody has confirmed it on the blockchain.

You must be the most incompetent mechanical engineer i have ever seen, your loss is just a result of you being downright retarded, take that as a lesson

TL:DR: OP is an all caps using retard faggot who deserved to lose his money.

You bring shame to the name of engineers. Kys

I said corrupted not lost. How does a key get corrupted? I'm not worried about losing a password or key when I can just write them down and throw them in my safe.

Use this, it is safe:
myetherwallet.com/

As stupid as OP is I will say that this thread has made me love you guys even more. A team of people trying to help a dumbass recover his mooncoins. Stay golden, Veeky Forums.

Lay it on top of a large magnet. Run it through the washing machine. It is just a fancy USB stick.

No it's not, you clearly don't know enough about it. If something ever happened to the device, as long as I have the pass phrase I can restore it on a similar device or a bip38 wallet.

seems legit

okay im trying to enable that function since currently it says not insufficient fund