Are you ready to get your free byteballs Veeky Forums?

Are you ready to get your free byteballs Veeky Forums?
don't tell me you want your free moneys?

at current market price of $800 per GByte, I'm getting
1.1433946692 x $800 = $914 for free.
not to mention the black bytes that I think might be worth more in the future (completely anonymous transactions)

Other urls found in this thread:

byteball.fr/BBdistribution.php
byteball.org/
byteball-cashback-witness.com/,
byteroll.com/witness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The website to check if linking your BTC worked or not, also there are 2 links at the bottom that tell you how to link them

One last bump to warn my Veeky Forums brothers

can you explain this so a retard can understand what's happening here?

I'll try.

Bytecoin is a pre-mined coin, the creator owned all the coins. There will be no miners for this coin, so instead the owner distributes them to BTC owners who "link" their BTC address to their Bytecoin address.
Why? because a successful coin is a coin that is well distributed. The more people who own it, the better.
You also get 20% byteballs for the byteballs you hold in your wallet.

How to do it?
the site I linked here shows a video:
But basically just download the wallet
byteball.org/
(find "Get the Byteball wallet")
And follow the instructions following the wallet download.
Chat with the bot and follow instructions.

If you hold byteballs, then you also get free byteballs and black bytes, and you can check if it's working in the website I linked.

If this is too general, just ask me more specific questions.

Alright, free bytcoins sounds cool, but what is the incentive to hold this coin and not sell it the instant you get it?

there is an airdrop every month, only about 20% have been distributed for now.

Also the technology is pretty cool, in the wallet itself there are programmable bots. You can have bets for example, or conditional payment (you get my byteball after this BTC address gets X amount)
also the black bytes are completely anonymous.
It also uses DAG (I think that's the name) instead of blockchain, like IOTA or whatever other coin that did it.
So it's pretty fast for example.

in the website they have some examples of what you can do, and the bitcointalk thread has a lot of people excited about it.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.8880

So basically just need to sell out of my alt positions for a few hours and make a btc address real quick

you get more byteballs for having byteballs than for linking BTC, but yeah you can also do that.
They do a snapshot on the 9th, ideally after the snapshot you could sell all your BTC again, but I would wait until I get the byteballs at least

> In the 6th round, which is scheduled for the full moon of June (June 9, 2017 at 13:10 UTC), we'll distribute 62.5 MB for each 1 BTC of linked balance and 0.2 new byte for each 1 byte you already hold.

Why does this look like a ponzi for the owner to inflate the price and then dump?

the owner only keeps 1%, there is people who have more than him already

do i have to use their wallet or can i use bittrex for simplicity

I'll bite the bait.

For now you need the wallet I think, but I read that some exchanges link their byteballs or their BTC and redistribute the byteballs to the users, but I don't know which or if it's true.

The only sure way to do it is to get their wallet for now.
The coin is sort of new so there are no other wallets available yet, but the code is open

it's free coins if you got BTC, or 20% free if you hold byteballs, and some black bytes too.

What's the difference between GB (the one you can buy on bittrex), bytes and blackbytes? I honestly don't get it. Let's say I buy 2 GB on Bittrex and put them on my wallet. On the 9th, what'll happen?

1 GB is 1,000,000,000 bytes

for some reason in the exchange they are GBytes, instead of bytes, but the bytes are the smallest unit.

After you put them in your wallet, I think you have to talk to the bot and tell him your address
Then on the 9th you will get 20% extra byteballs, and whatever amount of black bytes.

(and also link your BTC wallet for more bytes)

This website will tell you if your address is correctly linked:

It would say "Address is linked (good!)" in green, like in the picture on the OP

blackbytes is almost like a different currency btw, but more anonymous

Where can I sell the blackbytes? I like the numbers senpai, gotta be honest with you. If I buy 3 of those coins (GB) at 0.3btc, I'll get 0.6GB that I can then sell for 500$. Free money. + whatever blackbytes are worth.

The coin is very new, so there is still no exchange for the black bytes, and it would also defeat the purpose of them being so anonymous I think.

But I think there is a way now to exchange them for bytes with other uses in the slack.
With the conditional contracts things, you can securely exchange bytes for black bytes
I'm keeping them long term though.

I read they are also working on a sort of decentralised exchange for them

I barely have any btc its too expensive for me rip :(

Hmm, that's interesting. I'll go in with a ton of bytes then, I'm getting rid of some bags I've been holding for too long with no avail. Thanks for the tip, see you on the 9th when we're both rich.

user see this too btw, byteball-cashback-witness.com/, you can get 50% back when you transfer back to the exchange and sell.

not expensive, you can sign it your byteball address, which is free.
just remember to use that address above to check if it's correctly linked and how much you'll get etc.

I saw that, but I'm holding anyways, at least for a few more distribution rounds.
the fee is very small anyways, but it's nice that witnesses are doing this sort of thing to not keep all profits from transactions

yeah but you barely get anything if you have low amount of btc right??

Yeah senpai, already did, I'm stocking up on bittrex atm, getting rid of bags

you still get something.
62.5 MB per BTC linked,
let me do some math here

1 GB = $800
0.001 GB = 1 MB
So 0.062 GB per BTC
$800 x 0.062 = around $50
So multiply your BTC by $50, and that's what you're getting.
You also get black bytes, and who knows how much those will be worth in the future.

my coinfolio is now 75% byteball, and some BTC and ETH basically

Going in, interesting concept only have a couple hundred free to drop though

I kinda went balls deep on this one. My biggest coin is this. I reduced my bitcoin, eth and zcash for this. Let's do this shit user.

I'm just happy that my money is not on a memecoin

Can you explain how the linking process works? The chat bot wants me to send BTC to an address. How will I get my BTC back?

You won't. But you can sign your wallet and waste 0 btc. Check the website, 2nd video.

don't send it
There is also another way, you can just sign it.
If you send the BTC, you don't get it back, so just sign instead.

There is a video somewhere on how to sign, it's not really that hard.
1. Try to find where your BTC is actually stored (multiple addresses, and it changes when you make a payment)
2. tell the bot that address
3. go to your BTC wallet, and try to sign a message, the content of the message is your byteball address
4. This lets the bot know that you own that address.
5. I think that's it?

BTW if anyone found this useful, you can tip me here:
BTC
1PAQJrNoGwwiVFM4vGBubC3cbvNb9xvQex

or here:
Byteball
SGAIFI7LYD4HIM7HWD7V7BLAXK7JOTBV

only if you have a lot of money though, don't worry if you're poor

Okay I've downloaded the wallet (light wallet), now how do I recieve or "mine" bytes?

dude just read this thread, all I've done for the past hour is explain what you just asked

I didn't find documentation on how to mine it. Do full clients act as witnesses and therefore get money?

Download their app and talk to transition bot

there is no mining, it's already premined, the owner is distributing the coins gradually.
The witnesses get the transactions fee (which is like $0.00005 or something ridiculously low right now), but one witness already can give you back half of it, and other witnesses will donate the profits to charities.
You can chose your own witnesses though, apparently. So nobody would choose someone who just kept all the money.

For more info on that you will have to read the bitcointalk thread

I gtg now, someone else keep helping our Veeky Forums brothers out

Ah yes I see. But I don't like it. This shit ain't decentralized. If they want, the witnesses can just disappear and boom goes the coin. No likey.

won't it be decentralized after the coins are spread? At least they spread the coins unlike other ones where the creator owns 70+%?

Yes, they are spreading it around, but in order to send it, you need people to verify it. Are there are like 3 entities. If they decide not to verify it, you're done. You see the problem?

I see it.
Why is there just 3 entities? Will this ever change? The chat thing looks nice, it'd be a shame if it stays this way.

byteroll.com/witness

Read about it here. "A witness is a highly reputable user with a real-world identity, who stamps each transaction seen." - aka a witness is a centralized verification service, just like everything before bitcoin.

into the trash
might sign up for free money anyways

I went in big. I'm guessing, for now it'll go up. I mean, look at the evolution it has had. Might even stay for the next redistributions. We'll see.