Mining with nvidia GPUs

Thinking of buying a couple gtx 1080's(not TI, the model from last year)

pros
>works nice with equihash(at least my current 1070 do)
>no shortages

cons
>not very good at ether and other putin-shillcoins

What do you think brehs? Is my nicehash output legit? Around 5 bucks a day with 1070, electricity is pretty much free/we need it for heating year round where I live

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/?p=calc
highoncoins.com/litecoin-rig/how-to-make-diy-wooden-frame-for-litecoindogecoin-rig/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one interested in mining?

Mining zcash with one 1080, pretty good

if you're going to spend the money for 1080s why not just go the extra step for the Ti? Also look up price/performance of lower cards.

How much a day with current rate?

arent they expensive as shit? especially 1080s

wouldnt buying several 480/580s be more cost efficient in the long run?

Yeah, that's what I'm unsure about, TI is same architecture, but a more of a "gaming card", it's also 40% more expensive, and not as readily available since it's new

I wonder if the price of the TI is worth it, probably not

Impossible to get AMD cards anywhere, maybe except used

Dude just take your perday profit and see what your ROI is nicehash.com/?p=calc

pick 1080ti, see $/day profit, divide initial price by $/day profit

profit??

thanks, breh

Seems like the 1050 TI is the best option, far exceeding most cards except rx480

67~ day ROI. If you got a shit ton of them you could be good. But remember about the extra hardware you need to build a mining rig

How much extra would that be?

You need a motherboard, power supply, a little bit of ram, and a shit hdd just for an os. I run with a usb stick but it's slow and I could have just gotten a shit 60gig for 10 bucks instead of the USB

You might also need risers and someway to hold all that shit. I built a shitty wood open air frame and it does the trick. I've seen some people use plastic crates.

highoncoins.com/litecoin-rig/how-to-make-diy-wooden-frame-for-litecoindogecoin-rig/

The guy is meh but his frame is legit. Also make sure you get a CPU and mobo with enough PCI lanes, other wise you wont be able to use all the cards you want.

Thank you breh

You can mine cryptonight at a decent rate if you get the gtx cards with samsung gddr5 modules

I think they must've been rated to 9GHz but nvidia clocked them at 8Ghz

1060 is the only viable nvidia card for mining, since it gets around 80% of the performance of an RX 480/580 but can be found for $175 these days. But if/when radeon stock becomes more available, the 1060 won't be worth it anymore. The RX570 is a $170 card and outperforms the 1060 at mining.

What would be the cheapest busted shit to make a rig with 2 r9280x? Can I connect more than 2 at once? I have no fucking idea what I'm doing but I can get 4 of those for 470 dollars and if I can keep everything cheap so as not to reach 600 dollars I could get back the money in 50-60 days

The 280X is an old card that gets half the hashrate of current gen cards with a tdp of 250w. Not worth it at all.

Is it possible to mine DGB with an sp20? I can buy one for about 100 dollars and it would be a pretty good investment

strat can be mined with a pi. that's got to be incredibly unproductive but I have one lying around. would it be worth it?

How do I do group mining with networks? Do I constantly have to change the network address in case the group dies off?

What's wrong with used? They're even cheaper that way.

pls halp

the lifetime might be significantly reduced for used cards, the problem is you don't know

rip electricity bill