He stores his cryptos on a website like coinbase or blockchain

>he stores his cryptos on a website like coinbase or blockchain
enjoy losing everything because you didn't read the terms of agreement line by line and they found a way to legally rob you

>he stores his cryptos in some online 3rd party wallets
enjoying losing everything due to some security exploit

>he stores each of his cryptos in their respective offline, 1st-party wallets
enjoying doing your own upkeep for each coin and hitting your bandwidth cap trying to stay up to date

>he stores his cryptos in a physical USB
ever had a USB stick that kept working past 2 years of use? enjoy losing all of your coins because that piece of shit randomly stops working

>he stores his cryptos on a piece of paper
enjoy never being able to spend or reinvest your coins because you've got them stuffed away in some drawer

>he has no coins
enjoy being poor

what is your solution frog man?

not storing your usb on a piece of paper and putting int in a mason jar before burrying it with the ole paintcans on the frot lawn

>enjoying doing your own upkeep for each coin and hitting your bandwidth cap trying to stay up to date

>implying i have a bandwidth cap

enjoy sucking my dick you faggot

>He stores his crypto in a Nano Ledger S

Am I doing it right, OP?

Where you should keep them then?

> not having a ledger nano s and a cryptosteel to back it up

Why would you need to backup a ledger? You know the crypto isn't actually stored on the device, right?

Blockchain.info gives you your private key you noobster.

What you guys think about kraken? Safe?

>ever had a USB stick that kept working past 2 years of use?
Haven't bought one in years, what are you talking about?

You need to back up the master key.

you can't just write it on a piece of paper?

You can, if you want it to be destroyed by fire or water or time, I guess.

Don't buy this crap

I guess that could be kinda useful. How does it work? You just connect the cryptosteel into your PC then type in the key?

Polo exchange has a virtual wallet thats 'cold', so it acts like a vault when you store your fiat.

You really have nothing to worry about.

If you made a million, its safe on polo as long as you have 2FA and transfer it to coinbase within the day; after transfering it to coinbase put it into the Coinbase vault and you'll be alright.

For US citizens, keep it in the vault for 1 year to minimize your tax obligations.

Cryptosteel is a physical safe designed to withstand nature, you dunce

You never store your backup on a pc

>For US citizens, keep it in the vault for 1 year to minimize your tax obligations.

How is that specific to the Coinbase vault?Doesn't that just go for holding crypto in general for over a year?

I've had several USBs last a decade and still work now

Because your gains are taxable when you convert them to fiat and your bank will surely notify the IRS on such a massive sudden deposit in your account.

As a tax accountant, I recommend just paying the full capital gains tax (as shitty as it sounds), because if you try any shady shit the IRS WILL find out and you will get forced to pay back everything anyways with an additional 30% penalty.

>ever had a USB stick that kept working past 2 years of use?
yes, i have working USBs from 2005

nocoiner coping skills, clearly the OP has a lot of them

What is shady about paying less than you're supposed to? If you hold it for over a year and include the paper trail it's considered capital gains instead of income tax and should be significantly lower.

So is a nano ledger s the way to go anons?

I don't think he was saying to NOT minimize tax burden, just that you shouldn't try to skirt capital gains and pay the full amount you owe including the minimized tax burden for holding more than a year

yup. It even works with MEW pretty well apparently.

I have a trezor you nocoiner cuck

I take it old school, paper wallets and backup codes stored in a hollowed out book

Shut the fuck up faggot.

I have USB's from over ten years ago.

I just got my BTC back from a 3 year old wallet.dat file i saved in the cloud.

Just save your wallet in a couple save places and ignore this faggot.