And why are Frogs so easily triggered?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vita_Karoli_Magni
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throne_of_Charlemagne
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>nationality
>in the 7th and 8th century

He spoke Latin, was a Frank, was King of the Franks, and was therefore a Frank.

Franks turned into French over time.

Now go back to /pol/ Schultz-Oppenheimer-Stauffer.

He's the standard for France if anything. Things that are not Charlemagnesque are not French.

He almost certainly spoke a dialect of German, Franks were Germanic and was Holy Roman Emperor.

I would agree that he was neither French nor German, I'm more referring to France's rabid claims to him over the centuries.

WE

WUZ

HOWDY

DOODIES

Tribes hold turf and call this turf after themselves.
This happened before the 19th century, this is why the lands are translated as "nations" in the old testament and canadians call the tribal clusters which were before them "first nations".

Nobody sees him as French but he was indeed a founding figure of the French nation.

T.i'k a frog

You dreaming him telling you that Franks were Germans isn't proof Adolf.

Franks actually still are Germans

Source?

They live in Franconia.

>a dialect of German
A germanic language, it's different.

He was a germanic in blood, however he shaped the centuary of latin-germanic interbreeding, which in turn is what todays French are.

He was never crowned Holy Roman Emperor. He was crowned Imperator Agustus

Germanic =/= German

You sound like those retarded Turks who try to claim everyone from Huns to Khazars.

It always amuses me when Frenchies try to claim Charlemagne as French.

Almost all of their nobility was Frankish, and all of Frankish people spoke a German dialect called Frankish.

The frankish language stopped being used probably around the time of Robert or the ascension of the Capet dynasty, even though Hugh Capet was descended from a Frankish warlord himself.

The cognitive dissonance between who they are and who they think they are is deafening.

The Germanic interbreeding in France is probably something like 1-5%

Many French are blonde because many of the Celts were also blonde.

The Franks of Francia didn't come from that region but what's now today Low Countries.

False. Celts were known to have very swarthy complexion.

The blond trait comes from the norman conquest in France.

however its just a tiny fraction, the majority of french people have Germanic/Latin(Roman and Celtic) ancestry.

OH German already existed back then. It's speculated that Charlemagne's native Frankish tongue had OH German characteristics, but it might have been Low German / "Netherlandic", too.

He wasn't french or german, he was frankish

>The frankish language stopped being used probably around the time of Robert or the ascension of the Capet dynasty, even though Hugh Capet was descended from a Frankish warlord himself.
Proofs?

>The blond trait comes from the norman conquest in France.

Completely retarded.

First of all, there was no Norman conquest of France, Rollo and his folk got defeated and were offered land so the King didn't have to bother with raids anymore.

Secondly, they were very few in numbers and got absorbed into French population in two generations. Most of France's light features come from Gauls and various migrant Germanic people during and after migration period.

But the Franks were a germanic tribe.

>What is Normandy

are you american by any chance?

>Normandy was conquered

Did you get your history from tv shows?

I've literally never seen the French claiming Charlemagne as one of their own. Nor the Germans btw.

>German dialect called Frankish.

we need a German =/= Germanic sticky on Veeky Forums

Franks are Gauls

We're not triggered at all by Charlemagnix the Gaul

Pic related Hans

radical

France is meme country

It was you ignorant cunt. The Normans were originally Norse who took over and settled Normandy, and then from there branched out to take over England, Sicily, etc.

He was of Germanic background, but adopted Latin culture. There is literally nothing more French than that.

but it wasn't conquered you absolute retard

>x background but adopted Latin culture

France in a nutshell

Normandy was not conquered you retard. There were several raids in the area, then Rollo and his men laid siege to a city, failed to capture it, were defeat and then swore fielty to King of France, they were given land in return for defending France from further raids and essentially became his vassals.

He didn't adapt Latin culture. On the contrary, he even advised a collection of old Germanic sagas.

>Celts were known to have very swarthy complexion.

the peoples they displaced and later subjugated were likely "swarthy", as they were the descendants of the Anatolian farmers who settled Europe before the Indo-Europeans.

You are confused. You know how Celts used chariots? Yeah. Woad looks much better on pale skin you know.

"Nearly all the Gauls are of a lofty stature, fair and ruddy complexion: terrible from the sternness of their eyes, very quarrelsome, and of great pride and insolence. A whole troop of foreigners would not be able to withstand a single Gaul if he called his wife to his assistance who is usually very strong and with blue eyes..."

t.Ammianus Marcellinus

>Normans were originally Norse

yes

then they interbred with the Gallo-romans and took up their language for a couple centuries before they btfo the Anglos

you aren't making a very strong case, and are obviously a nordiboo trying to claim

>white

in short kys retard

Nope

The Gauls were know for their blond hair while the Germans were know for their redhair.

>According to Diodorus Siculus
THE GAULS ARE VERY TALL WITH WHITE SKIN AND BLOND HAIR, not only blond by nature but more so by the artificial means they use to lighten their hair. For they continually wash their hair in a lime solution, combing it back from the forehead to the back of the neck. This process makes them resemble Satrys and Pans since this treatment makes the hair thick like a horse's mane.

>According to Tacitus
For my own part, I agree with those who think that the tribes of Germany are free from all taint of intermarriages with foreign nations, and that they appear as a distinct, unmixed race, like none but themselves. Hence, too, the same physical peculiarities throughout so vast a population. ALL HAVE FIERCE BLUE EYES, RED HAIR, HUGE FRAMES, fit only for a sudden exertion. They are less able to bear laborious work. Heat and thirst they cannot in the least endure; to cold and hunger their climate and their soil inure them.

In modder of gold

He was literally king of France.

Get over your buttpain already it's been 1200 years.

>be Napoleon
>order a replica of Karl the Great's crown to be made for my correnation
>wear what I claim to be his sword during coronation
>commission a statue of Karl the Great to be made for my coronation
>years after my death the fake crown is still in the Louvre with the plaque, ' the crown said to be Charlemagne's'
>modern French government commissions another statue of Karl the Great to be put outside Notre Dame
>Modern frogs tell the Germans to get over it.

He was neither German nor French, he was a Frank.

But I'm pretty sure modern day French have more of a connection to Franks than Germans do (speaking both in genetic and cultural terms). Has anyone ever actually done genetic testing to see?

Countries celebrating their heritage is somehow bad?

where would you find a sample of Frankish genetics?

Presumably from remains. I don't know much about the subject, so maybe that isn't possible as it will have decayed too much. But then how did they determine all those people in Asia were related to Genghis Khan?

I presume a significant number of East Asian men have the same Y-chromosome mutation, which indicates paternal lineage, and deduced that the only dude who could be so widely responsible was the Great Khan himself.

I could easily be wrong.

Not at all. But they wouldn't brook the Germans doing the same.

>Rex(Roy) of Francia(France)
>capital in Paris
>official language: Latin(ancestor of French)

Sorry, but he was very much French

the French state is in direct continuity with the state of Charlemagne(Francia)

he is German too, but he is French first IMO

Prove it

We have his bio.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vita_Karoli_Magni

>spoke Proto-German
>favourite palace in Aachen
>loved old Germanic sagas

He is as French as he is Italian. He basically conquered the shit out those countries, but that's about it.

>the French state is in direct continuity with the state of Charlemagne(Francia)

not after the French Revolution unfortunately desu

native language: Old High German

>Gaulish blood
See When it come to Ethnicity :
Blood > Culture

that has little relevance

>basically conquered the shit out those countries

he inherited most of the lands of modern France from his father, Pepin.

>spoke Proto-German

he was multi-lingual wiseguy

He was a French king who conquered Germany and essentially genocided Germans while forcibly converting them to Christianity.

The amount of revisionist delusions you have to come up with to alleviate your buttpain is amazing.

WE WUZ FROGS N SHIIIIEEEET
Goddamned jealous, impotent Germs.

This. Karel was Frisian.

>Karel was Frisian

incorrect

his capital was at aachen you fucking idiot.

jesus fucking christ this has to be the trolliest thread i've ever read or you are all truly fucking stupid and don't know how to history.

karl was a frank. he was king of the franks. he became emperor by pope leo. there had not been a "western" emperor since lil augustulus. in theory, his coronation as emperor reinstated the "roman empire" of the west though they never referred to it as a roman regime. after he passed, the emperor title made a few appearances again but mostly insignificant. it was not until otto I came along and was crowned as the emperor of the HRE. he could be considered the daddy of modern day germans, maybe, i guess, not really but whatever.

fun fact: karl was around 6'5" where the typical man stood about 5'7" AND he supposedly had a hysterically squeaky voice.

France didn't exist back then. There was an empire and there were Frankish homelands, of which only a small fraction was located in modern France.

All the Franks in the 9th century were not always germanic. Why Germans can't understand the difference between the germanic tribe that settle in Gaul in the 5th century and the empire they formed after that ? It's just like Rome, after Caracalla, populations living in Syria, Egypt, Greece were also romans.
There is a direct link between the french monarchy and the Franks, even the name of France came from the Franks. Of course French view them as part of their History.

get out with your kulturnation, g*rm

More of Charlemagne's Kingdom was in France than it was in Germany, most of today's Germany is out of boundaries of Charlemagne's Francia.

Neither did Germany.

Karl Loistava was Finnish, sorry whitebois

>More of Charlemagne's Kingdom was in France

It wasn't.

Nobody is claiming that.

What do you mean it wasn't? The map you yourself posted shows otherwise. It's basically France (minus Brittany), Low Countries and Swabia on his ascension to the throne and he conquered Northern Italy, Saxony, Bavaria and parts of what's now Austria, Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia. I's about half of modern day Germany, less than half of HRE and German Empire with most of the actual empire being in France.

The core territories (481) are mostly in the BeNeLux.

Therefore, he's Belgian. Suck it, nerds.

>present extent of France is the historical extent of France

Hmmm, no sweetie.

You do realize we're talking about the empire of Charlemagne and not the HRE ?

Oh honey, do you think conquering territory somehow magically altered the ethnic composition of said countries? Like, when Charlemagne subjugated the Langobards, did that transform their heritage magically from Lombard to Frankish?

>a filthy Saxon thinks he can appropriate our ancester

>our ancester

You should see help.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

You seem confused. France existed, it's what Charlemagne was king of. The "empire" is what was founded when he was crowned emperor, and after he had conquered Germany and Lombardy.

lol your map literally proves otherwise. Here's one that shows more clearly what was already part of France before Charlemagne and what he conquered.

>Stockholm syndrome
This exactly.

Is there anything more pathetic than stupid Saxons whose ancestors got conquered and genocided by Charlemagne now trying to claim him as their own?

>You seem confused. France existed, it's what Charlemagne was king of. The "empire" is what was founded when he was crowned emperor, and after he had conquered Germany and Lombardy.

France didn't exist, for it was part of a greater political entity.

>Is there anything more pathetic than stupid Saxons

How do you think the Franks managed to conquer the rest of Europe? Germans refer to Charlemagne as one their nation's founding fathers, while French people in their delusion are claiming 'he' was one of 'them'.

LONG LIVE THE HRE

Serious question, where do you think Charlemagne came from? What was he before being emperor? You think he was some random German who was crowned by the pope one day for no reason?

>French king conquers your country, kills half the men, forcibly converts and colonises it
>h-he's our f-founding f-father!

Lmao

>Serious question, where do you think Charlemagne came from?

How about reading the thread. Several people have pointed out that the Frankish homelands stretched mostly from modern Germany to the BeNeLux-countries into France. There is no evidence that he was even remotely affiliated to 'French' culture (note that back then, the extent of Proto-French didn't surpass the Ile-de-France)

Germanic warlords cucks your entire nation and you continue to suck his dick LOL

France before Charlemagne was the dark area marked here , which includes almost all of modern France and not most of Germany.

And Charlemagne wasn't a "warlord", he was king of France, son of another king of France, grandson of another king of France...

Just because Germany was literally still stuck in prehistoric times before Charlemagne conquered it doesn't mean that's when history starts for the rest of the world.

France isn't synonymous with the Frankish kingdom. Conquering Italy didn't turn the Franks magically into Italians or Italians magically into Franks. The same applies to the peoples in France.

>Several people have pointed out that the Frankish homelands stretched mostly from modern Germany to the BeNeLux-countries into France
Yes, in the 4th century. Charlemagne is from the 9th. I know Veeky Forums is pretty bad when it comes to history, but are you stupid ?

What's your point? Conquering Gauls, Romans and Greeks didn't turn the Franks magically into those people. It's like saying Queen Victoria was Indian.

We also know he spoke a proto-German dialect and his major residence was Aachen, where he commissioned the construction of the city's famous cathedral.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throne_of_Charlemagne

No, but conquered Gauls became Romans after a few centuries. Just like, you know, Greeks were also Romans. Not all the Franks spoke a germanic language. You had a huge kingdom in Aquitaine, and those who ruled it were still called "Franks".Latin was always the language of the administration, and Charlemagne could speak it by the way. Because at that time the ethnicity wasn't the main focus. For centuries, Paris was the capital of the Franks, most of the frankish kings are buried in Saint Denis. Even after the empire of Charlemagn was splited the western part kept the title king of the Franks, which no one at the time even tried to deny the legitimacy. The French are directly linked to the Franks. Even in german France is called "frankreich", what more do you want ?

I will crush your skull if you say that one more time.
Karel de Grote was from Brabant
Frisian scum should stfu

We're talking about Charlemagne. Latin was the language of the church, and lineage and heritage was the single most important factor to determine one's destiny in the Medieval world.

>The French are directly linked to the Franks.

Oh yeah, the name. Impressive. One part of the empire rested on their grandfather's name, the other part made a name for themselves.

You mean like how France didn't magically turn into Germany when it conquered Germany. Franks are exactly as German as they are Italian.

>WE WUZ FRANKS
>WE WUZ ROMANS
>WE WUZ VIKINGS

Why are Germans such cringey niggers? I guess this is how all people who achieved nothing of value in their history try to cope with their uselessness.

Meanwhile France never wanted to be anything but France. Unlike germonkeys it didn't try to steal other nations' glory, but instead made its own.

Really makes you think.

Depends, their Western branch eventually died out just as the Germanic lineage of the Lombards at some point in the 10th century.

>Meanwhile France never wanted to be anything but France. Unlike germonkeys it didn't try to steal other nations' glory, but instead made its own.
>Really makes you think.

Oh, the butthurt. Delicious. Such devote servants!

Lmao, I think you're confusing the Franks with the Carolingian dynasty.

See this is what happens when you try to steal a history that you don't even understand. These posts
are spot on. Germany is entirely defined by its humongous inferiority complex.

He doesn't know the difference between Franks and Carolingians because to the Germans that's what the Franks are: foreign conquerors who ruled over them.