HRE

Was this the most versatile, inventive and successful state structure of the Middle Ages/Renaissance?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes in*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Middle Ages/Renaissance
Not even OP, but why is Veeky Forums one of the least educated boards in matters of history?

You're only displaying your own lack of education here.

The same why /pol/ is one of the least educated boards in general.
Its full of retarded or le funy meme threads, which keeps more intelligent people (or at least the ones who want to actually learn about the topic) away, making it into an echo chamber.

But on most other boards there's at least a hint of knowledge underneath the facade. On Veeky Forums it seems like it's a board filled with high school kids.

>The HRE wasn't even a clusterfuck until 1648, it was a well-organized state before then

The Holy Roman Empire was the pinnacle of human civilization, not even being ironic.

No

Why don't you show us some of the papers you've written for historical journals?

Don't insult my intelligence, user. Obviously I didn't have to study anything humanities related.

There are some here and there, especially among larger threads or about niche topics that dont attract the kids.
For example, there is a very good book recommendation thread going on.

It was so awesome

wow its like being a big country means you have a lot of castles

By that logic, Russia would be crowded with historical heritage. Hint: it isn't.

Slavs are niggers, what's your point

Most are unimpressive and probably built in the XIX century

you can't even argue against this
the only ones who wouldn't agree are people with a personal interest in keeping the state centralized and bloated

what was so great about it? Was there very little war within the HRE?

Butthurt Slav detected

Really unimpressive.And the worst thing is that most of that crap was built in the XIX for WE WUZING

Jesus Christ what a clusterfuck

Napoleon killing the HRE was at that point probably a mercy kill.

>one shot in life
>Slav

SOOO sorry

>Slavs
>not a part of the HRE
You're retarded.

Is there a readable version of this?

>muh centralization no guys you NEED AN absolute """""enlightened""""" monarch at the top for every government lmao XDDD i posted voltaire again

I want plato to go

>Built_in_1876.jpg

The HRE with its collective might meant good security for its denizens, at least relative to others in Europe at the time, and its political fragmentation allowed for the flourishing of ideas due to the inefficiency of suppression. If a Prince of your duchy didn't like what you were writing, maybe the Prince of the duchy next door would. with its openness and loose confederation it was the Ancient Greece of its age.

>You're retarded.
What makes you think I'm a Slav?

>posts industrial era buildings that rose long after the HRE was dissolved

You're retarded for thinking Slavs weren't an integral part of the HRE, faggot. Furthermore, I doubt any Slav would be butthurt about the HRE. I think Pollacks are butthurt about Prussia/German empire but that's as close as it gets.

I assume your'e just baiting but the HRE did have a few slavic emperors and the Polish/HRE border was among the most peaceful ones in Europe

>Ettal Abbey was founded on 28 April 1330
>Some small building works were completed during the 19th century, principally the renovation of the façade and the twin bell towers.

A single abbey with so much history - and it's still serves as a monastery!

>If a Prince of your duchy didn't like what you were writing, maybe the Prince of the duchy next door would
maybe

He's probably a retarded American LARPer who thinks HRE was some kind of proto-nazi empire.

>The abbey suffered great damage during the Reformation at the hands of the troops of Maurice of Saxony, but survived the troubles of the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648).

>. In 1744, the abbey and the abbey church were largely destroyed in a fire.

>The subsequent spectacular re-building in the Baroque style, with a double-shelled dome, was to the plans of Enrico Zuccalli, a Swiss-Italian architect working in Munich, who had studied with Bernini.

upset?

Typical French response, whine about Nazis and Americans.

Now the French actually do have a reason to dislike HRE, unlike the Slavs.

I understand what you're getting at but that's a run of the mill baroque building. There's tons of those all over Europe.

>You're retarded for thinking Slavs weren't an integral part of the HRE, faggot. Furthermore, I doubt any Slav would be butthurt about the HRE. I think Pollacks are butthurt about Prussia/German empire but that's as close as it gets.
Those Slavs wouldn't deny the major role the HRE had in the development of European culture. Then again, those Slavs will probably have as much German as Slav lineage. But if we learned one thing on his, it is that Slavs act utterly retarded whenever the topic of the cultural inferiority comes up. And since so far noone has denied their Slavic roots, we might as well assume that I'm right.

I'm a Slav (Czech) and I don't hate the HRE at all. I don't know who the other guy is.

>upset?

Why should I?

>and its political fragmentation allowed for the flourishing of ideas due to the inefficiency of suppression
I think that had more to do with the invention of the printing press then the lack of a central state.

>Everyone who doesn't deny being a slav is a slav

lol the way your guys brain works sometimes my fucking sides

EVEYRONE ON THE INTERNET IS SLAV GUUYUUUYYYS SLAV DETECTED SSLAVV DEEETTTEECCTTTEEEDDDDDD

>posts industrial era buildings

>A friggin monastery
>industrial era

loL

I think the two go in tandem don't they? The centralised states of France and England were more successful in suppressing dissenting viewpoints. I believe that both could have only occurred at that point in time, in the HRE. Surely it speaks volumes about the nature and virtue of the HRE's structure that while England and Frnace continued to violently crush 'heretics' the HRE managed ultimately to reach a settlement in which both Faiths, Catholic and Protestant were accommodated.

Meanwhile in the HRE...

what's the HRE remembered as in Czechland?

though that was about the church not liking what you do instead of the duke not liking what you do

H R E
R
E

To understand why historians hate the HRE, you have to understand a basic thing. People who work nowadays at intellectual professions in the humanities, like historians, sociologists and philosophers, absolutely depend upon employment by some kind of state bureaucracy.

The obvious corollary is that in their writing of history, sociology and philosophy they are going to be biased towards states that have developed massibe bureaucracies, because in a deep level, they know they could have employed them. That's why France is so admired, even though it was traditionally an aggressive tyranny constantly bullying it's neighbors, that's why liking the Soviet Union is still acceptable and why most historians are more sympathetic to it than to the United States in any history of the Cold War. That's even why, in American history, Presidents like FDR and Eisenhower are more well regarded than, say, Calvin Coolidge or Ronald Reagan.

The Holy Roman Empire, by it's own nature as a descentralized realm of multiple hierarchies, loyalties, traditional rights and customs, was impossible to centralize and administrate through a single bureaucracy. It doesn't mean it wasn't inefficient, recent studies prove that unlike previously understood, Imperial institutions like its courts and appeals handled discontent in a more efficient way than the periodic rebellions in more centralized states, contributing to social stability. But these courts employed very few people, there were few sinecures to intellectuals, and that's why historians only care about.

Very interesting, thanks.

>because in a deep level, they know they could have employed them.
Well, that is a claim.

However, I am sure that a lot of modern historians would love to trade their bureaucratic employer.

Man you are butthurt kraut, nobody in the east care about the HRE it's just a western europe thing.