Any GPU miners here?

What are you guys mining?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtxMhBWcxW0
cryptomining-blog.com/tag/h110-pro-btc/
pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Computex-2017-ASRock-Launching-H110-Pro-BTC-Motherboard-13-PCI-E-Slots
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHERE DO YOU BUY RADEON 470/480s
Seriously they're sold out everywhere.

Is that your setup? I can't get my h81's to run 6 cards either ... just 5.

This is photo from March.
It's really hard finding parts these days..
I ordered 3x MSI RX 570 4gb to test them, delivery period is at least 20 days...

AMD didn't expect ETH mining to happen like it did and underproduced. Give it a month and they'll be restocked.

I ordered my rx580's 2 weeks ago and they had plenty of stock. I see they are selling for $550 a piece on ebay right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=NtxMhBWcxW0
I am gonna try this as soon as receive my adapter from ebay...

cryptomining-blog.com/tag/h110-pro-btc/

Price prediction for this MB?

Did you make the frames yourself? Or buy them? Bought 5 1080ti's for mining zec, decided to go for zen instead. Thinking of trying to jerry-rig something to hold them.

>Seriously they're sold out everywhere.
OP pic related

How about price predictions for the power supply needed to run 13 gpus.
>3000 watt monster

Where would you even find a motherboard that has 13 sata ports?

Currently running 4 (ubuntu) rigs with 7x 1060's each. Custom memclock OC and memory timing straps. Getting 160MH/s per rig on Ether. New parts for 5th rig should be here this evening.

Eth. It's kinda profitable. It allows me to buy shitcoins

How's the power bill where you guys live?

$0.0709 kW/h here

Yes, I made them from wood, and painted them heat resistant paint.
Don't need 3000w PSU, you can make dual PSU setup.
pcper.com/news/General-Tech/Computex-2017-ASRock-Launching-H110-Pro-BTC-Motherboard-13-PCI-E-Slots

Well then.

$0.053/kWh here in WA

I make $8-$12/day mining eth with my gaming rig (two R9 290X)

Is the paint really necessary? For warping, or is it a legitimate fire risk? Was thinking of doing something similar, either with wood or maybe trying to incorporate some pvc. Will probably stick with wood though, just seems easier. Also, where do you have your setup? Running the 1 gpu I have already 24/7 is enough to mildly heat up the room I'm using, I imagine 5 more and it'll be a furnace. Was thinking of using a garage, but not sure if having it in a enclosed room with stagnant air and no AC would be the best idea, especially since I'm in Texas.

in Nova Scotia, Canada it's $0.16 kW/h during weekdays in the winter lmao. It's only about 6 cents now but god damn it's not worth getting into if 6 months from now my rates triple

$0.25 kW/h here. If I hit a certain limit it goes up to $0.31 kW/h

Noob Question:
Would it be possible to min off of a Raspberry Pi with GPU connected by SATA riser?

I've go 970 lying around and that's $3.20 a day just doing nothing.

what eco-communist shit hole is that?

ZEN

wouldn't you be getting better MH/s using AMD parts?

got myself 6 from a local shop. Waiting those to get here in a couple of days.

what mobo are you using mate? how hard is to get it running?

California coast.
I bet in the desert it's cheap because they have tons of solar and wind power out there. Maybe I should just put in a down payment on a house and pay the mortgage with my gains.

Hang on I might be reading the bill wrong actually.
I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing with crypto or with life.

>desert
>thinking 'green energy' is cheap

no wonder, you're a calitard

it's the opposite senpai

you want to live right next to a hydroelectric plant, eastern WA, northern ID is good (Grand Coulee Dam) or really anywhere along the upper columbia river

Check where google, ms, etc build their datahouses

I have separate room for rigs.
I also think that pain isn't necessary but you never know. If you are planning to have more rigs in the same room you must at least put some fans that would take some of the heat out of the room.
I have never tried that, so I wouldn't know..
Asrock H81 pro btc r2.0, but they are hard to find, at least where I live

Idaho actually sounds like my kind of place.
I don't care where I go as long as I'm free from this hellhole

idaho is a hidden fucking gem, the girls are white and gorgeous. lots of fresh air, nice summer weather, and snow sports in the winter

Btw I have 6 AMD GPUs in my room.
During a winter that is a good thing, but during spring or summer I have to sleep with opened window or in other room.

Yes it is and that is why you shouldn't tell CA-fags about it!

They're fucking locusts!

The highest rate in San Diego is $0.42/kWh

Australia does 21c/kwh

dude fuck california. When I started mining siacoins I found out about the electricity cost. Holy shit fuck this gay ass state.

What GPUs do you use, and how much do you earn from ZEN?

Good to know, thanks.

Not him, but with the single oc'd 1080 I'm using, I've gotten around $7 in the one day I've been using it, though the price right now is in the shitter(I lost a ton off of some buys the day before when it came out on Bittrex). Could just be pretty lucky, obviously need more days to get a better idea, but that's over one day. With 1080ti's ought to be around $9-$10 each hopefully, which is why I'm getting in the pieces to set up a rig.

Because I can get 7 nvidias for the price of 2 or 3 amds (if you can even find them). And nvidias suck a lot less juice. A full 7 card rig is only using 570-600 watts. It's all about availability, ROI, and $ per MH/s.

Because I can get 7 nvidias for the price of 2 or 3 amds (if you can even find them). And nvidias suck a lot less juice. A full 7 card rig is only using 570-600 watts. It's all about availability, ROI, and $ per MH/s.

Price here is $0.007 (EU East)
I have about 2k to start a rig and can't find 480/490s
Plenty of 280/290x on the market (3gb)
Is it worth it to start mining and what happens after that ETH PoS? Is there any other option to mine after ETH is gone?
Please answer to this fucking shit I'm new to mining.

On second thought, that's actually pretty optimistic, think my pools just been real lucky. Probably closer to $5-6 is reasonable I think.

I like snow and qts
Its okay I'm one of the good ones
Yeah I was mining SC too but stopped when I figured that I'm actually losing money.

Hmmm

guys do you think building gaming rig with two 1080 and mining in spare time is good idea? Cards should pay for themself after 3 months

rx480/470 are sold out so what can I do

Bumping my post, plese give me some info

Look for newer models of cards as they are more power efficient, also make sure that they are 4 gb or higher. If the prices normalize soon you could make a good rig with 2k

Is it even possible to mine anything worthwhile with only 2GB DDR3?

Works no problem for new coins if you get in early. Note that nvidia hardware is less than 10% as efficient at mining than amd hardware. Still, if one coin is $1, you're making millions easy if you mine a few weeks from start on a not-too-popular coin.
In the end, cpu-only or pos-only coins are a lot more fair.

I'm mining SIA, you fags stick to ZEC while I accumulate plz

Shut the fuck up and don't come here

You niggas are retarded with the fancy setups.

>Buy shitty old work computers from Craigslist/Letgo
>Put 1050 TI in
>Uses same PSU
>Install Lubuntu + Minergate
>Uses ~130 watts
>Makes 10 MH
>No effort required

You can get a 1050 on eBay right now for $122
I buy these shitbox desktops for $5-10

$133 per 10 MH. No need for fancy setups with multiple $500+ GPUs and worrying about heat issues. If a computer crashes you also don't lose a whole day of mining.

You can argue that an RX 470/480 would be more power efficient for the MH, but the extra intro price probably won't pay for itself. Next year they will be worthless for ETH mining anyways. Plus if you plan on scaling larger than you need to find a place to get free electricity anyways. (I use a storage facility I rent for another side business)

stop me fampai

I was thinking about doing this. I have literally palletes of old computers.

You must live in a cold climate where the heat generated is actually a positive.
If electricity is expensive and youre cranking the AC, you're hardly breaking even with those inneficient rigs.

so 3 cards = 3 whole computers?

you could run 5 cards for the same electricity bill

Oh I see. I'm new on this whole mining thing and got the RX470 at 200

>You can get a 1050 on eBay right now for $122
Why would you do that if you can get one that can mine almost 3 times as much for less than twice the price?

A single RX470 in a single machine probably gets you the same total MH/s he has.

oh that's bad. I mean not according every single guide or video I've seen. There are people getting almost 31MH/s per RX470 after the bios mod, all depending on what type of memory the card has. The lowest was 24MH/s, like you plug and start mining without any tweaking.

Break it down for me, add your power supply and cables to the equation.
Will the 40 watts you save per 30 MH pay for itself? How long do you think these GPUs will be viable for? Probably not for very long, so if they can't cover the difference in price within a few months then to me it's worthless. That's hard for me to justify, but maybe you might think differently.

At the moment using calculators. I already own the power supply (1200watt platinum) and a cpu/ram/ssd. So for me the cost is 6 cards (200 each) and the motherboard (250 more is the best price I could get). Power in my case it's also not a problem, it's flat rate because of some zoning thing, monthly it doesn't go over 30$.
So all in all you have 1200 (on cards) + 250 (mobo), 1450 plus 30 in power for the first month, and if the calculators are not shit, which I don't think they are wrong, you could be mining aprox 4.1ETH a month with that. I guess the whole thing would be payed by the first half of the second month and then I only have to worry about power which isn't a problem.
I still get your reasoning and calculations are different because not everyone can get the parts and power at the same price, but if you can get parts cheaper for building one rig and get your hands on those cards I believe you would be too paying for everything within 2 months.
What do you think?

>green energy is expensive
>so you should live next to a hydroelectric plant

u wot

I'm bringing my mixed race family and our liberal values and there's nothing you can do to stop me

I know this is bait, but have you considered suicide Lately?

>consider the following.

I did some reverse calculator and you're putting out 190 MH.

Your cost per MH was about 7.5, mine was about 13.

Yours is objectively better. As you scale up your profit margins will be much greater.

What GPU are you running? I'm interested to know what card costs $200 and can put out 31 MH. Are you running BIOS mods and an overclock?

Which of the remaining in-stock GPUs are worth buying to mine with? Should I simply wait for the 580 to come back?

Guys i'm poor as fuck but i can probably scratch 1k USD together, i live in a student conplex with free electricity, sweden, what can i buy to turn a profit as fast as possible?

Buy mooncoin

literally no amd cards worth a damn unless you want to pay 200% markup on ebay

>It's nvidia or nothin'

I'm planning to start mining on my desktop pc (1 rx 480 gpu), is it possible to use it for other tasks while mining? or even playing very lightweight games like warcraft3?

no

In theory yes, in practice you'll get either shit fps even in simple games or shit mining rates if you do that. Not to mention you can get one or the other program to crash assuming you're not running in exclusive mode (but if that were the case you wouldn't ask).
You could get away with playing games on an integrated gpu while using the rx480 for mining.

This is why you can make 100k and still live in a slum with a room mate there

How about non gaming tasks? I am a web developer so I use a browser, a text editor, and sometimes watch videos to learn stuff. I shoud be able to comfortably mine on the side while doing those, shouldn't I?

Can someone give me a quote on DollarsMinedPerhour/DollarsInvestedIntoRig? No I'm not a retard and realize that you're not mining fiat, you're mining some kind of cryptocurrency and your return will vary depending on which one and its value at any particular time. Nonetheless, could someone give me a ballpark number?

BTW I live in a shitty apartment and get electricity for free.

are 570s any good for mining?

im having trouble finding any 470/480s, however there is plenty of 580s but they are quite expensive

I'm thinking about making a rig with 1050Ti 4GB. Is radeon the way to go or you think my profitability will be fine with this card? Probably going to mine ETH

Watching videos not in fullscreen 1080p as well as lighter-weight webdev will work so long as you limit your gpu usage for mining (the limit can be set quite high such as 90-95%). It's generally workable.

currently dual mining eth and sia with 390.
Its all possible can watch stream and surf

7.7c/kwh (off-peak)
11.3c/kwh (mid-peak)
15.7c/kwh (on-peak)

All that fucking hydroeletric bullshit and shitty windmills in southern ontario and our rates are through the goddamn roof i want to nuke queen's park

3x gtx 980 w/ custom bioses (basically 980 Ti)

Hard to say at this point, but it's around $13/day

Why do you fuckers make these threads? Don't you realize the more people know about this, the less you'll make?

The least thing you want is to spent 5k on this shit, just to have a fucking wave of normies joining and fucking up your investment.

/g/ here, have a (You)

F

Are they expandable. For example. If I don't have a few thousand laying around. Can I get a mobo, power supply,etc and start with 1or2 cards & add to the mobo as I earn more?

Normies 10 years away from figuring this out.

10 years seem way to long for all the crypto talk in the media lately. What makes you think that?

Normies don't even build computers as it is.

what should I dualmine on claymore with my 390?
Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal? I read someone that it also can mine ubiq
pls spoonfeed

There's some talk ETH will take over BTC by 2018 due to the excessive fees of BTC holding back a lot of transactions and the globalization of cryptocurrencies. It seems Bitcoin was boosted on speculation of utility more than utility itself, which ETH has more potential for.

So yeah, might be worth mining ETH.

Yeah, that's true.

dude Im already mining eth. Im asking which secondary coin I should be mining.

No idea

>$133 per 10 MH
Every two weeks. Every month. I'm retarded pls explain.

DGB

I dont see an option to dualmine dgb and eth

monero

WTF so fucking cheap I lived in third world shithole named Indonesia and electricity is like $0.11 per kWh