QUIT Veeky Forums

QUIT Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi#Swaraj.2C_self-rule
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_David_Thoreau
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quit quitting.

FUCK OFF GHANDI

I really should, this place is dogshit but everything else seems worse somehow because this place taut me to hate them.
Really cranks my cranium.

Sorry Gandhi, we're here to stay.

There's a few niches that boards or threads cover very well, and anonymous culture is pretty positive relative to the egofagging that can go on with fora but Veeky Forums is pretty cancerous. I need to break my habit of even browsing here.

>Gandhi was a self-described philosophical anarchist,[224] and his vision of India meant an India without an underlying government.[225] He once said that "the ideally nonviolent state would be an ordered anarchy."[226] While political systems are largely hierarchical, with each layer of authority from the individual to the central government have increasing levels of authority over the layer below, Gandhi believed that society should be the exact opposite, where nothing is done without the consent of anyone, down to the individual. His idea was that true self-rule in a country means that every person rules his or herself and that there is no state which enforces laws upon the people.[227]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi#Swaraj.2C_self-rule

> In the 1940s, in his mid-seventies, he brought his grandniece Manubehn to sleep naked in his bed as part of a spiritual experiment in which Gandhi could test himself as a "brahmachari". Several other young women and girls also sometimes shared his bed as part of his experiments.[213] Most of the girls were postpubertal, but some were younger.[214] Gandhi's behaviour was widely discussed and criticised by family members and leading politicians, including Nehru.

>He was a lifelong abolitionist, delivering lectures that attacked the Fugitive Slave Law while praising the writings of Wendell Phillips and defending the abolitionist John Brown. Thoreau's philosophy of civil disobedience later influenced the political thoughts and actions of such notable figures as Leo Tolstoy, Mahatma Gandhi, and Martin Luther King Jr.

>Thoreau is sometimes referred to as an anarchist.[4][5] Though "Civil Disobedience" seems to call for improving rather than abolishing government—"I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government"[6]—the direction of this improvement points toward anarchism: "'That government is best which governs not at all;' and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have."[6]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_David_Thoreau

don't shitpost

>In Christian numerology, the number 888 represents Jesus, or sometimes more specifically Christ the Redeemer.

I dunno. Maybe I don't go to other boards all that much, but I always thought of Veeky Forums as one of the better boards.

I've already stopped going on /v/, Veeky Forums and some other ones. Veeky Forums is one of the better ones, but it's still connected by name to this website which is now considered "evil" by everyone, so I can't even tell people I go here. It's a shitty situation, but maybe one day there will be a popular non faggy history forum outside of Veeky Forums and Leddit, one can only hope. Until then it's enjoyable.

>dat picture
What the hell? How could it become a country then?

Idk no much about Afghanistan history, it was basically one of the meme empires that was slowly over time whittled down by bigger smucks. I just screenshoted it since I respect those digits.

The post-Mughal Durrani Empire that preceded the 18th Centiry Afghan Emirate was a multiethnic state, as was the Mughal Empire and the states in the region that came before, and though the Emirate's borders were not terribly well-defined and fluctuated, the northern and western frontiers were generally similar to the ones of today. The eastern border was constantly contested with the nearby Indian kingdoms, and later the British Raj. The modern border with Pakistan along the Durand Line, running through historical Pashtunistan, was firmly established after the Third Anglo-Afghan War, giving the Emirate, and in a few years the Kingdom of Afghanistan, her modern borders. This is why there are many Pashtuns living in northern and western Pakistan and several of the historically important Pashtun cities are located there.

It's interesting to note that despite being known as the Graveyard of Empires Pashtunistan has also been the center of various empires over the centuries. Perhaps the imperial history of the region has contributed to the enduring international perception of Afghanistan as a discrete country, even despite the diverse and often isolated and self-governing, inhabitants.

gundam pls

Fuck off, you can't nuke me on the internet, faggot.

ok

lots of countries have multiple ethnicities living in it