Scientology.Whats the deal?

Scientology.Whats the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientology.org/what-is-scientology/love-hate-what-is-greatness.html?video-play=what_is_greatness
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)#
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)
xenu.net/archive/dictionary/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_theology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The first Sea Organization members formulated a one-billion-year pledge to symbolize their eternal commitment to the religion and it is still signed by all members today. It is a symbolic document which, similar to vows of dedication in other faiths and orders, serves to signify an individual’s eternal commitment to the goals, purposes and principles of the Scientology religion.

Things

scientology.org/what-is-scientology/love-hate-what-is-greatness.html?video-play=what_is_greatness

It's pretty much a standard gnostic myth, if you stop and think about it. You have the same notion of a supreme soul, which gets dragged down in materialism, and all of your troubles can go away if you can cast off the shackles that the material imposes and return to your pristine state.

It's just that they dress it up in sci-fi terminology instead of the usual classical religious tropes we're used to in the west, so they come off as weird.

Did Hubbard ever intend to be a religion I hear they were just sci fi books

It's just a massive scam.

But is their goal/mission helping humanity? or they in it solely for the money?

I think intention is key

Honestly it seems harmless but yeah I've heard you have to donate 300.000 dollars at first or somthing another

Yes. He initially started pushing his system as a form of self-help pop psychology, but after a few years made a huge push to make it an organized religion. He's the one that founded it and called it "The Church of Scientology," probably to take advantage of tax benefits.

L Ron Hubbard had an iq of 250 so he decided on this

>The Secret posits that the law of attraction is a natural law which determines the complete order of the universe and of our personal lives through the process of "like attracts like". The author claims that as we think and feel, a corresponding frequency is sent out into the universe which attracts back to us events and circumstances on that same frequency. For example, if a person thinks angry thoughts and feels angry, the author claims that said person will attract back events and circumstances that cause them to feel more anger. Conversely, if the person thinks and feels positively, they will attract back positive events and circumstances. Proponents claim that desirable outcomes such as better health, wealth, and happiness can be attracted simply by changing one's thoughts and feelings. For example, some proponents believe that using "the Secret" can cure cancer.[8] However, there is no scientific justification for such a claim.[9]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)#

The Secret is just repackaged eighteenth and nineteenth century mysticism. Positive thinking and its effects were hugely hyped up during that time; for an example, just look at the history of early hypnosis. Mesmer was working out a system to influence people based on his positive thinking and inert magnetism created by it.

Things like that books, New Ageism, and Scientology have made me think that it would be incredibly easy to make money in that field. All you would need to do is read up on any outdated mystical or spiritualist concept that isn't currently popular, slightly update it, and rake in the cash.

New Living Translation
Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties. After all, everyone dies--so the living should take this to heart.

>Scientology.Whats the deal?

A talented but a bit sociopathic author struggles to make ends meet because authors were paid peanuts at the time. In the meantime he developed a self-improving technique which make some waves in SF circles despite being bogus and just another placebo.

He says "fuck it" and introduces space opera elements effectively making his system a religion with the purpose of milking fools for their money.

>a place of confinement and humiliation where Scientology's management culture — always demanding — grew extreme. Inside, a who's who of Scientology leadership went at each other with brutal tongue lashings, and even hands and fists. They intimidated each other into crawling on their knees and standing in trash cans and confessing to things they hadn't done. They lived in degrading conditions, eating and sleeping in cramped spaces designed for office use.[2]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

What am I looking at here

>The pressure evidently worked, as Rinder wrote an "Apology and Announcement" on June 4, 2005 in which he told Miscavige, "I recognise very clearly how Treasonous I have been towards you and Scientology."[13] He subsequently commented that such written confessions "read like North Korean POW writeups,"[13] alluding to the way that Korean War POWs detained in North Korea were forced to go through brainwashing to renounce their "reactionary imperialist" mindset. He explained to the Tampa Bay Times why people did not simply walk out of the Hole: "If you leave you are going to lose contact with your family and any friends who are Scientologists. You have it pounded into you the whole time that the only reason someone leaves a group like that is because they are bad, that you have done something that force you to have to leave."[27] He noted people had invested a great deal of themselves in Scientology, that Sea Org members have "made a commitment beyond even a single lifetime" and that the prevailing attitude was that "'I've lived through many lifetimes and there are lots of experiences that I've had that are far worse than this, so I can put up with this and I can stand it'."[27]

>Harmless

You should look into the statements of high ranking members who have left.

Leah Remini has been vocal about it recently but Scientology is far from harmless and has actively ruined people's lives.

It's a massive scam with cult like tendencies that hides behind religious protection laws

I meant some of the ideas even if it's just regurgitation not the church per se as I've heard that they require you to give all your loans to them

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well here`s something you won`t like, Private Snowball! They don`t serve fried chicken and watermelon down in the mess hall every day!

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well it looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress! I think you've been cheated!

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: What is your major malfunction numbnuts? Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Didn't mommy and daddy give you enough attention when you were a child?!

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You climb like old people fuck private pile!

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: If god wanted you up there I am sure he would have miracled your ass up there by now, private Pyle.

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You like the kind of boy who could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
Hartman: I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: [addressing the Privates] There will be no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops, or greasers! Here, you are ALL equally useless!

They require you to give them your loans, require you to buy their books, which range in the thousands of dollars, yearly.

You have to pay for their security checks, which is basically an interrogation for whatever reason they feel like throwing at you. You pay to move up the "levels" of Scientology. You pay for being "audited" which is also basically an interrogation that you are required to do for as long as they deem it necessary.

The entire system is a money mill.

Fuck off nigger good movie though

I saw that series by Remini recently, and all I can say is Miscavige deserves something worse than death after all the fucked up shit he's done and enabled.

It's a lucrative pseudo-religion that discourages psychology and psychiatry in favor of its own "remedies", most of which appear to be holding an anode and cathode while a small electric charge is run between them.

Oh, yeah, you also have to believe that millions of light years away an alien named Xenu sent aliens to earth to possess all people, and only by their anode/cathode treatment can these "archons" be driven out of you.

>How would I make a million bucks? Why, I'd start my own religion, of course.

Science Fiction Writer L. Ron Hubbard

New American Standard Bible
For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

They'll rip you away from your family if either you or a family member dissents from Scientology, and then they'll blame you for it and audit you to make you feel guilty for what they did. They'll take all of your money and make you take courses which requires you to buy their books and materials. Then, they'll make you redo courses because they "updated" the material thus causing you to buy new books again. They continually interrogate you until you succumb to the pressure and make you feel like you've committed a horrible sin. If you try to leave, they'll go after you and hunt you down and continually harass you to make you break and give in. It goes on and on. Scientology is an evil cult which has caused a tremendous amount of emotional damage to many people not just in the US, but across the world.

If the secret was real I'd have a girlfriend by now. Checkmate, retards.

What are some interesting things they believe besides xenu

They believe that their leader is going to be reincarnated and lead them into the afterlife, iirc.

The believe people are "clear" at certain levels, and urge everyone to become "more clear". This would refer to being clear of those dead alien spirits that inhabit this planet from far, far away.

The reason they're huge is they realized quite early the effect of celebrities on groups. People want to rub elbows with celebrities. And as Hollywood is an incestuous clusterfuck, the insiders, many of whom are Scientologists, can open the door for you to fame and fortune.

Bill Burr had a funny set on this. He went to the Beverly Hills Playhouse for an actor seminar. Cost a few hundred bucks, and some famous actors came in and spoke to them, taught them, etc.

He kept getting calls seeing if he wanted "in".

Someone finally told him the BH Playhouse is a Scientologist recruiting center, so he bailed.

Don't they have fake words like cult speak

They treat the celebrities like kangz that's why it's really been more for celebrities you have hundreds of servents lot of books just on the celebrity topic

“PTS/SP,” (potential trouble source/suppressive person, i.e. one trying to get you out of their cult), “tech”, “suppression”, "enturbulate" (disturb), havingness, beingness, as-ising, audit, auditor, pre-clear, engram, reactive mind, basic-basic, bridge to total freedom, thetan, going exterior, overts, withholds, degraded being, dog case, wogs (basically muggles)

Yeah.

Celebrities started the cocaine usage in this country, and now it's in the billions. People love to emulate celebrities.

Yeah, satan is the god of this world for the time being. Note when he offered Jesus the world on a platter, Jesus never said it wasn't his to give.

oshit, here's an entire dictionary for you.

xenu.net/archive/dictionary/

>The radical Chinese terms for the universal God are Tiān 天 and Shàngdì 上帝 (the "Highest Deity") or simply Dì 帝 ("Deity").[9][10][note 1] There is also the concept of Tàidì 太帝 (the "Great Deity"). These names are articulated and combined in different ways in Chinese theological literature. One of the combinations is the name of God used at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, which is the 皇天上帝 Huángtiān Shàngdì—"Highest Deity the Heavenly King".[12]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_theology

I don't know enough about Chinese theology to know if the two are one and the same.

Some of those words are already in use Scientology just changes the meaning ever so slightly

New Living Translation
But Peter took him aside and began to reprimand him for saying such things. "Heaven forbid, Lord," he said. "This will never happen to you!" Jesus turned to Peter and said, "Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God's."

same as all religions

Aye, but they could string together an entire sentence that would only have meaning to another scientologist. Anyone else listening would be scratching their heads.

Still the greatest video on YouTube and I don't know why can it be the turtleneck?

Yea it literally makes him look fat it's annoyingly hilarious

Edge

not an argument

Edgy

This. Fuck that guy. Scaphism isn't merciful enough for him.

What he do

>tfw you'll never have your own ufo scam cult

Too true son two true