Which religion is the gay-friendliest?

Which religion is the gay-friendliest?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfgate.com/news/article/Dalai-Lama-Speaks-on-Gay-Sex-He-says-it-s-wrong-2836591.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Atheism

Protestantism

Scientology

Every Lutheran church that is part of the ELCA is gay friendly and has things like workshops where people come together to discuss Islam. They are a bunch of cucks but I don't really care what they do. Source: my wife grew up in and works for an elca church.

Non-jewish ones

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

eastern religions?

dont recall any of them caring about sexual orientation

They all do.

Islam. It's the religion of peace.

As a Catholic, I'm proud to be pro-LGBT

False. Eastern religions (East and Southeast Asian I'm assuming) historically have had nothing against homosexuality. It wasn't until Europeans arrived that homosexuality became a problem. It's a problem of society and post-colonialism rather than religion.

Wrong. It's strictly forbidden in authentic Buddhism.

What is "authentic" to you? Because Buddhism may have started in India, but it has been fucked by so many different cultures across Asia that I find it difficult to say which Buddhism is even remotely close to the original preached by Siddartha Gautama.

Greek/Roman paganism

Those which aren't watered down, westernized "feel good" new age variants are authentic. And against homosexuality.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

Oh please, Westerners don't know shit about Buddhism. These are the same people who will tell you Buddhism is not a religion, it's a lifestyle.

Can you please link me to something that cites the First Buddha's stance on homosexuality? Please don't link me to yoga mom blogs.

If one, longing for sexual pleasure, achieves it, yes, he's enraptured at heart. The mortal gets what he wants. But if for that person — longing, desiring — the pleasures diminish, he's shattered, as if shot with an arrow.

—Kama Sutta, Sutta Nipata[1]
The Buddha then goes on to say:

So one, always mindful, should avoid sexual desires. Letting them go, he will cross over the flood like one who, having bailed out the boat, has reached the far shore.

sfgate.com/news/article/Dalai-Lama-Speaks-on-Gay-Sex-He-says-it-s-wrong-2836591.php

Don't just sperg out after reading "good for society", but read it.

As for the "first buddha" don't make me laugh as to consider that concepts of morality would even come close to our own.

Thank you for the link, didn't know the Dalai Lama felt this way. But I also would like to point out that he does not speak for all Buddhists and "non-Buddhists". His sect of Buddhism is ancient, but it's not the original nor the best.

The point is, he notes ancient texts which advise against such behavior. These text cannon be changed, and I trust he knows what he's talking about being the Dalai Lama and all.

>ctrl-f
>no unitarianism

In truth? It would be new age, deism, whatever post enlightenment liberal religions would allow such behavior since it jives with their ideology.

Protestantism
Western """"""Buddhism"""""""
Qakers

Sufism

With respect, you have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

Sufism is fascinating. Its basicly a mix of Islam. ancient greek philosophy, Neo Platonism, Persian mysticism, Gnosticism and Greek/ Persian spiritual pederasty/ homosexuality

>Sufism

>gay friendly

Nice joke, mate. I think you're a bit mixed up because there is a lot of love poetry and shit. It's not gay, though and a lot of it is metaphorical/not referring to mortals at all, but god.

It was unironically the most open to homoerotic love of the Abrahamic faiths. It decried buggery like the others, but due to the way Shariah worked in both theory and practice a gay Muslim could get away with being pretty flaming gay in the Middle Ages, all things considered.

Probbaly Daoism. Buddhism has historically been bretty homophobic

any religion tries to go beyond sex, so only atheists and secular humanists cling to sex.

Proofs?

Not true. Abrahamic faiths are pretty anti-sex (except for missionary for the purpose of procreation). Others are not neurotic and recognize sex as a fundamental part of human life.

Most non-Abrahamic religions are generally indifferent towards sexuality. Some, like Hinduism incorporate homoerotic themes in their religious canons/traditions.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Jainism because non-absolutism and ahimsa make it impossible for Jains to not be friendly.
Even friendly to plants, bro-tier for sure

LaVey Satanism

>LaVey
Oy vey!

THis

Rubbish. You want people to get STDs? You want your mother or your daughter to sick? You want them to suffer their entire life? Stop being gay.

>homosexuality
Read pic related

>"Normal community can also contract STDs"
Yes, but the percentage of infected in homosexual community is way way way higher than the normal community.

>so?
You want them to get hurt? No.

STDs can also spread to normal society as well. In other ways than sex. Like sharing saliva in drinks for example.

>freedom?
It's also freedom for the white man to shoot kids at school.

I'm Catholic and gays are accepted in my church and my family.

Islam

egalitarianism

There was a huge stigma against homosexuality in Confucian East Asia. It interferes with a man's obligation to provide sons for his family.

>muh gays get std's more
who cares
>muh gays aren't monogamous
who cares

kissless virginal right wing "muh degeneracy" SJWs do

>"If John want to jump off a building then who cares, right?"

M-Muh freedom to take drugs

Then what's with the throwing gays off buildings shtick?