Has there ever been a soldier that was a member of two armies at once?

Has there ever been a soldier that was a member of two armies at once?

Any in WW1?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Beyrle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Törni
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legione_Redenta
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lawrence of Arabia was still a commissioned British officer while leading the Arab rebel army.

Do you know if any French soldiers in WW1 or WW2 also fought for the US Army while retaining membership of the Free French Forces?

Hi is that Oswald Spengler?

Nope its Hank Schrader

that's Isaac Spengler

Indiana Jones. Fought for the Belgians under the French command.

Adrian Carton Die Wart - Belgian soldier fighting for British in Boer wars, ww1 and ww2 and for Polish against Bolsheviks and Ukrainians

his wikipedia page is pure sex,a real /k/ommando

>ywn shoot bolsheviks from the back of your train

never
not once

I know right, a real-life Terminator

My great great grandfather actually. German Conscript pre WWI. Received training and all that. Had to go to war if call to arms.

"Lol fts!"
*takes a boat to America*

"Muh join the military for citizenship"

"O.K."
*asigned artillery unit"

Fights for The U.S. Against Germany

"Pssh... nothing personal Kisar."
*sips brandy, smokes cigar, eats wonder bread*

End.

Polish service members served under the British army after Poland's capitulation while technically still belonging to the Polish army. Also Dutch military members fought in the Australian army while also being a part of the Dutch military. Happened quite a bit in WWII for capitulated countries.

>if any French soldiers in WW1 or WW2 also fought for the US Army while retaining membership of the Free French Forces?

read that back to yourself lad

Jesus Christ, Marie, it's not rocks, it's historical pseudomorphosis.

There was a Spanish double agent who worked for the British MI6 by providing the nazi headquarters bogus spy reports. His codename was Garbo if i remember correctly. Irony is that the Germans trusted him so much they didn't even double-check the intelligence he provided. Dude had to pretend he managed a team of agents so he straight away came up with characters from his imagination (who still earned a salary from the Germans) and when asked by the Germans why one of his spies failed to snitch one time, he told the Germans the operative had died and that they should pay a pension for the widow. It fucking worked.

Eventually he got medals from both sides.

There were some black soldiers in ww1 who were enlisted in both the US and French armies

OP here. I remember him, pretty interesting. He managed to convince the Germans to keep two divisions in Pas de Calais for two months while Normandy was getting rekt.

Yeah. Any French dudes who fought in both US and French armies. What's the problemo?

Juicy wiki page lad

This dude joined up with a Soviet armored column after he escaped from a POW camp. He wasn't technically in the Soviet military but he fought alongside them while he was still enlisted in the US military.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Beyrle

Alot of Finns did during the continuation war in some way. Some were trained by the Germans and then deployed to finland, dont think they were technicly part of the german army
Alot went on to join the american military and there were a few involved setting up the green berets

There was that Korean dude who started WWII in the Japanese army, got captured by Russians at Khalkin Gol, pressed into their army, captured by Germans somewhere in the Kharkiv, pressed into the Wehrmacht, and then finally captured by American soldiers on D-Day who were really confused as to why this Korean guy was fighting for the Nazis.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

I've heard about this. Any good resources?

Just search Harlem Hellfighters, there's been a fuckton written about them. Though technically I think they were still in the US army, just placed under French command.

Dude must have really missed home...

Finnish soldier that fought for Finland in the Winter Wars, WW2 as a Waffen-SS commander, than joined the Green Berets in Vietnam. Dude really hated communists throughout his life.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Törni

OP here. Read about these before - gr8 wiki pages m8s.

Pretty sure this counts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legione_Redenta