Friendly reminder what day is today

Friendly reminder what day is today.

67 years ago, the best irish-american politician(senator from Wisconsin) gave a speech about amount of communistic filth infiltrating president administration, thus starting the well known McCarthyism movement.

McCarthy did absolutely NOTHING wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_espionage_in_the_United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Belfrage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Karr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Coe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauchlin_Currie
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of the few Americans I deeply admire.

Lmao he'd have a heart attack if he was to witness what universities have become

True dat.

*revisionism intensifies*

For the millionth time, the Marxist presence in Western universities has collapsed since the 1960s.

Also, the greatest Irish-American politician ever is obviously Big Joe.

how can anyone defend this idiot?

being a communist is not a crime

>McCarthyism
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

What's one communist Joe found?

Read the dossiers from ex-USSR operatives during that time.

Thousands.

>if you disagree with me im gonna call you communist and ruin your life
yeah great guy

Except for the fact that speech was a complete and utter lie and there was no list of communists.

source?

What a retard he was

Sen. McCarthy showed there were literal Soviet agents in the State Department. HUAC was in the House of Representatives.

marxism =/= progressivism

You should probably examine your life of that's the case.

You should examine your anal cavity if you're this butthurt over internet posts.

He had the right idea but unfortunately not enough power unlike Pinochet or Suharto which is a shame.

>implying "progressivism" isn't a marxist dogwhistle

I'm a pretty grounded guy that even believes in climate change but unironically believe the greentext

>and there was no list of communists
There was a list of communists and it was correct after being compared with Venona. See John Earl Haynes book on the subject.

>inb4 BUT IT'S NOT TRUE
Don't be a dirty commie and fucking read.

>being a communist is not a crime

>There was a list of communists and it was correct after being compared with Venona. See John Earl Haynes book on the subject.

Then it should be pretty easy for you to name them then.

I'm not naming all 200+ fucking people for you. I even gave you a fucking source.

Can someone provide the redpill where the communists planned to infiltrate the education system and put unions? It was perhaps a 1960s document?

such as?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_espionage_in_the_United_States

>people unironically defend the HUAC
I hope it's just a pool of like 5 aut rightists

McCarthy and HUAC are two distinct entities.

>Irish
>Not communistic filth.

>McCarthy
>Mc

>McCarthy
>Not inextricably inked to and in support of HUAC

>At the height of McCarthyism, Belfrage was summoned in 1953 to appear before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).
>In 1995, the decrypted VENONA intercepts—a project between the US and British intelligence services to decipher Soviet wires — were made public. United States intelligence has alleged that Unnamed Codename Number 9 (UNC/9) was Belfrage.

>In 1950, Senator Joseph McCarthy referred to Karr as Drew Pearson’s “KGB controller”.
>After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1992, in the new atmosphere of openness, Soviet investigative journalist Albats published an article in Izvestia quoting documents from KGB archives that Karr was “a competent KGB source” who ‘‘submitted information to the KGB on the technical capabilities of the United States and other capitalist countries.”

>Called before the HUAC (chaired by Congressman Karl Mundt), Coe denied under oath having ever been a member of the CPUSA.
>A recent investigation into the KGB archives claims that files show Coe to have been a Soviet agent.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauchlin_Currie

>the United States refused to renew his passport in 1954 due to the McCarthyism atmosphere in Washington, DC.
>He appears in the VENONA cables under the cover name 'PAGE', and in Soviet intelligence archives as 'VIM' and as a source for the Golos and Bentley spy networks.

>Senator
>part of a House committee
Brilliant

>In the Cold War there were spies, which is why my unconstitutional violation of rights for other innocent Americans is justified.

Yeah no. Fuck him.

>commit espionage and treason
>expecting rights
Yeah no. Fuck you.

>other innocent Americans
>committing espionage and treason

lmao reading comprehension you dumbass.

>other innocent Americans
Except the vast majority of those named by McCarthy were not innocent. See

>treason isn't a crime

Being communist isn't treason in itself. It is sedition though.

>guy says persons X, Y and Z are communist spies
>it turns out that persons X, Y and Z are communist spies
>YEAH WELL FUCK HIM ANYWAY THOUGH

1) being a communist isn't treason
2) treason is a bullshit concept

>treason is a bullshit concept
t. Commie faggot

the communists in the State Department were in large part responsible for the fall of China to Mao's PLA

not an argument

>According to FBI files, Belfrage was questioned by the FBI in 1947 about his involvement with the Communist Party.

>In 1943 Karr came under the scrutiny of Rep. Martin Dies Jr., chairman of the House Special Committee on Un-American Activities for his Communist affiliations. Karr was at the time working for the Office of War Information (OWI).

No mention of Joe McCarthy.

You seem like the type of guy who would let the NSA walk all over American privacy because of "muh terrorists".

You think we didn't have spies too? Difference here is that this guy's witchhunt prosecuted anyone with left-wing views even they weren't a communist. It's a fucking hypocrisy to like this guy.

>Difference here is that this guy's witchhunt prosecuted anyone with left-wing views even they weren't a communist
Except that isn't true. I really shouldn't have to cite this fucking post again Those who were persecuted by McCarthy's "witch hunt" WERE communists and most of them were in bed with the Soviets.

lol trying to dig up fucking McCarthy of all people as a hero

this culture war shit is out of control

Making a really big list of every pinkie and then claiming it was good because you got a few correct hits later is not something to be proud of.

How many people were on his list that WEREN'T spies? Oh? Almost everyone? What a surprise.

The violation of rights is totally worth it though!

Did Joe lead to the arrest of any legit spies? Or was it all the FBI?

Treading on civil liberties is OK when we do it.

>How many people were on his list that WEREN'T spies? Oh? Almost everyone? What a surprise.
but I thought the list didn't exist at all?
commies can't even get their revisionism straight

Sounds like Alternative Facts.

>1) being a communist isn't treason
Wrong.

Universities were much more Marxist in the 60s/70s than today

Why should it be considered treason?

He'd have done nothing wrong if he was legitimately looking for and rooting out communists.
Instead, he used his position of authority and public irrational fear to make flimsy accusations that destroyed innocent people's lives.
Fuck this guy and fuck this baitpost.

>deflects instead of supplying source
You can stop posting now. You've crossed into not an argument. What's it like to have no evidence to back up your fucked up worldview and identity?

Wasn't Belfrage a double agent for the British?

Taking money from the USSR to attempt to destabilize and eventually destroy the US is treason.

Believing the United States could have stopped China falling to Mao is Western hubris. Mao won because he was just better at rallying peasants than Chiang. And because he largely kept the bulk of his forces in tact by avoiding open battle with the Japanese, letting the Nationalists take the brunt of the blows.

k.

Now go back to your containment board.

>a really big list
A little over 200 people

>a few correct hits
>a few
If you call a majority "a few"

What about communists that wanted nothing to do with the USSR?

>the Marxist presence in Western universities has collapsed since the 1960s

not even close to true

t.recent graduate

>accusations

Do you consider the accusations that Trump is a Russian agent unfair because there's no evidence too?

>Retard Drumpfkin making a false equivalence
Literal whataboutism
You guys are even thinking like Russians now

that's not what I asked for

>that EVEN believes in climate change
Wow what a swell grounded guy!

For the love of God, read up on the New Left and the 1960s. Modern college antifa don't even come close to the size or influence of groups like the SDS.

>being this blind to your own double standards

do you believe Russians "hacked the election"?

>unironically using Drumpf

now I know you're brainwashed

Not that guy but isn't it agreed that Russia used state-sponsored hackers to get dirt on the dems?

Also
>25 years

that's why leftist diversity indoctrination is mandatory curriculum now ofc

>isn't it agreed
Not him either, but no it isn't agreed. Wikileaks confirmed it was an internal leak, not a hack.

Good to know (I'll verify this claim later), I don't really follow current events.

That said I'd be skeptical of wikileaks's claims as well. Don't really believe anyone anymore (I guess that is the problem nowadays).

>but isn't it agreed
it's agreed on by the media outlets that were paid to support the DNC

I've actually read the report released by the DHS, every factual statement is prefaced by "we assess". It comes off as an intellectual exercise.

No evidence brought forward, just assessments and accusations. It seems more likely to me that given wikileak's history of using insiders to leak sensitive intel (Manning) that this is precisely what happened in this case too.

At the least, just because a hacker is from Russia doesn't mean he's sourced out of the Kremlin.

Sociology 101 is not Marxism.

>left-wing views
>not a communist
No one's ever actually a communist except for when it's convenient to the revolutionary narrative, remember?

>SDS
Except SDS was a small minority of students. Modern SJWs are by far the majority.

stop being deliberately obtuse

because communism by definition requires the destruction of the state and establishment of the dictatorship of the proletariat. What exactly is working toward overthrowing the US government if not treason?

>What exactly is working toward overthrowing the US government if not treason?
Sedition. Treason is working for another state.

Are you serious? Wikileaks has long since been compromised. Do you think it's happenstance that the leaks are always in regards to liberal, Western countries and not Russia or countries in the Russian sphere of influence?

>In September 2016, the German weekly magazine Focus reported that according to a confidential German government dossier, WikiLeaks had long since been infiltrated by Russian agents aiming to discredit NATO governments. The magazine added that French and British intelligence services had come to the same conclusion and said Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev receive details about what WikiLeaks publishes before publication.[334][335] The Focus report followed a New York Times story that suggested that WikiLeaks may be a laundering machine for compromising material about Western countries gathered by Russian spies.[336]

>communism by definition

see this is where you fucked up

>Treason is working for another state.
>Someone who provides aid to Al Qaeda isn't commiting treason because Al Qaeda isn't a state
Wrong.

>Do you think it's happenstance that the leaks are always in regards to liberal, Western countries and not Russia or countries in the Russian sphere of influence?

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Have you considered the possibility that Russia's security infrastructure is superior to that of the United States, or that they have fewer moles?

Al Qaeda has many states.

>muh intelligence agencies
fake news

You're right I completely forgot that there's no such thing as a true communist.

>suggested that

hmmmm

similar to the way perhaps that McCarthy suggested that Russian spies had infiltrated the US?

But we're taught in school that McCarthy was a bad guy, so obviously he couldn't have been right or anything.

Name one.

I'll do you more than one:
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen

Those are not states owned by Al Qaeda, those are states which Al Qaeda operates out of. Try again.

Solid, liquid and gas

It's clearly not, given that the Kremlin can't even cover up its routine murdering of journalists and Putin's political opponents.

found the Russian, try to keep up with the buzzword of the day next time Semyon

Read the whole paragraph next time, maybe you'll learn something when you're not trying to score meaningless political points on an anonymous imageboard.

>Area of operations
>Worldwide
>Predominantly in the Middle East
>Rebel group with current territorial control in:
>Somalia[10]
>Syria[11]
>Yemen[12]

Also Al Qaeda is sponsored by those states making it a member of those states. Fuck off.

>The IRA was sponsored by Americans
>therefore the IRA is a state
No.

>given that the Kremlin can't even cover up its routine murdering of journalists and Putin's political opponents

>extra-state actors do not work on behalf of states and thus aiding them is not treason
This is essentially your argument and it is fucking stupid. Aiding them is treason exactly because they work on behalf of other states.

>can't even cover up its routine murdering of journalists and Putin's political opponents

Fear is powerful you know. I wouldn't put it past them to not care.

I did read the whole paragraph, what pertinent information did I miss? That German, French, and British intelligence is in agreement?

Hope you can read English better than you can speak it, Semyon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia