Why was Christianity so weak to defend against ideology, the Orthodox largely falling to Communism...

Why was Christianity so weak to defend against ideology, the Orthodox largely falling to Communism, and some of the Catholics falling to Fascism? And of course in modern day Christianity is losing the battle against liberal Atheism.
Islam in comparison fended off these ideologies with ease.

You need to go back to the Reformation and the Enlightenment to understand that m8.

>falling to communism
>falling to fascism

Yeah only communism and fascism are dead, and fascism supported the Chruch, communism didn't. But the Orthodox Church is alive and well and communism is dead. The reason Islam fended off these ideologies is the same reason they fended off anything ideology that came after the 6th century.

>the Orthodox largely falling to Communism
Well that happens when filthy slavs break into your monastery and start boiling priest elder in a kettle.

Jesus said that his way is a tough road that only a few would follow, and that in the last days there would only be a remnant of true Christians left. The growth of Christianity attracted many normies and posers, that are naturally led astray with the latest fashion. True Christians are always a few in anytime in history.

>Well that happens when filthy jews break into your monastery and start boiling priest elder in a kettle.

ftfy

This, Peter denied Christ three times.

>The reason Islam fended off these ideologies is the same reason they fended off anything ideology that came after the 6th century.

They actually believe their religion and don't just pay lip service, unlike christians?

>They actually believe their religion and don't just pay lip service, unlike christians?

Christianity and Islam are different, Islam is extroverted, its all about following the quaran to the T, Christianity is introverted, you can do what ever you want as long as inside your faith is strong. Not attending chruch every sunday doesn't make me less religious.

>you can do what ever you want as long as inside your faith is strong

Some cults agree, others don't.

From what ive seen muslims tend to just do lip service as well. What do you think the ISIS chimp out is about? People there are becoming less and less religious and the nut jobs are sperging out.

Clearly you're a protestant. I'm not religious and don't have any stake to actually give a shit about, but Catholic's have such a superior world view to protestants from what I understand. For the protestant, all they have to do is have strong faith to get into heaven. For a Catholic, faith is largely unnecessary, and acting as Jesus acted (helping the poor, not being an asshole, feed the hungry) is the only way to get in to heaven. Protestants are just so much more self centered and have justify themselves by having strong faith rather than Catholics who focus on being good people. I guess this is why Pope Francis said atheists can get into heaven; I think the Catholic worldview is far superior from the perspective of an agnostic like myself

You forget to mention Catholicism fell for the liberalism meme in the 1960s and has been going downhill ever since

Because when you realise you're free to not go anymore - no afterlife, no hell and so on, most people don't go.

This hasn't been proved yet.
So has the afterlife, hell, heaven et cetera, but still.

>Clearly you're a protestant. I'm not religious and don't have any stake to actually give a shit about, but Catholic's have such a superior world view to protestants from what I understand. For the protestant, all they have to do is have strong faith to get into heaven. For a Catholic, faith is largely unnecessary, and acting as Jesus acted (helping the poor, not being an asshole, feed the hungry) is the only way to get in to heaven. Protestants are just so much more self centered and have justify themselves by having strong faith rather than Catholics who focus on being good people. I guess this is why Pope Francis said atheists can get into heaven; I think the Catholic worldview is far superior from the perspective of an agnostic like myself

Im orthodox, and thats absurd, how on earth can Catholics even suppose retarded tings like that, not having faith, but emulating GOD is the most arrogant and self-centered thing imaginable, without faith, all that amounts to is hypocrisy, in what world is that superior?

>fascism supported the Church

No it didn't

Because religions make a habit of policing thought instead of encouraging it.

>I guess this is why Pope Francis said atheists can get into heaven
The media misquoted him on that.

This doesn't answer the question in the slightest.
Especially since he was literally comparing religion.

If everyone is just doing what the authorities are telling them and the Red Army has bigger guns than the Orthodox Church the consequences aren't unfathomable.

>Islam in comparison fended off these ideologies with ease.
Might be cause islamic world is uneducated and poor?

It may because many Christians are born Christians or convinced to convert via fire and brimstone. This is not true for all of them, but many Christians just don't have very strong faith.

Achmed pls

5% of the muslims are just pyschopaths who terrorize the remainng 95% to not leave/follow islam.