Why did Hitler attack Russia?

Is there a reason to why Nazi Germany wanted to conquer the USSR

Lebensraum, resources, natural enemy. This is such a basic bitch question.

yeah thats the usual answer butwould some1 attack russia when they r fighting on 3 other sides?

Finland thrashed them in the winter war, Hitler assumed the USSR didnt have a competent military and went for it

lebensraums :DD

yeah lebensraum isnt a real reason lol

>they r fighting on 3 other sides?
They weren't fighting on 3 sides in '41. North and Western Europe was shored up. South Europe was practically finished and Africa had just begun with little attention being paid to either. Plus, like WWI, Germany was running out of time when it came to the Russian steamroller.

Does putting a silly face next to something make it less true?
>hey fellow germans
>yes beloved mustache man
>the bolsheviks couldnt hold finland
>ja ok
>and we're 10x the nation finland is right
>ja of course
>so why not let's go and take their lands
>brilliant, what could go wrong?

~3 sides:
-north african capaign
-i counted the air fighting over the english channel as a front..

That's two sides. Where did you learn to count?

-Hitler

German colonisation of Slavic territories with slavs as slaves. Hitler promised money for every german settler who is willing to settle into Russia.

r u a fucking idiot?
i didnt include the russian front what would have been added after declaring war on them...

>fighting on 3 other sides
>count two sides other than Russia
>therefore Germany was fighting Russia + "3 other sides"
Jesus Christ. You are a fucking imbecile.

Because Hitler was fucking retarded. Could have conquered basically all of Europe, Middle East and Africa but no. Gotta waste millions on fighting Russians.

Good thread.

to appease his anglo saxon financiers and prevent a union between german and soviet industry

Bolshevists were gonna invade for Aryan gibsmedats
It was a preemptive strike

They wanted the fertile farmlands of Ukraine and Caspian Oil. That and all that space for the Ubermench to live in was the end game. There was no plan to conquer further east of the Caucasus.

Surely a full strength nazi army would've been able to handle a soviet offensive with ease

They could barely handle the winter counter-offensives in '41 when the Soviet Union hadn't fully mechanized.

because their supplies were overstretched and their divisions not even at half strength

Lebensraum is a basic bitch answer and other than some wet dreams in Mein Kampf from 20 years before USSR was atracked there were hardly any plans for it.

>'41
>divisions not even at half strength
???

Read Bloodlands and get back to me lad.

>Cuckothy Snyder
Being Eastern European and knowing how much basic historical issues he gets wrong I don't trust that American imbecile one bit.

>a peer reviewed and academically accepted book is wrong because I say!
Wew. Either way, Fritz Fischer also says you're full of shit so you can fuck off.

Hitler's obsession with preemptively striking the perceived imminent Russian threat, ideological contempt for Slavs and Communism, and resources, basically, as well as underestimation of Soviet mobilisation capacity.
>Mein fuhrer, ze road to middle eastern oil is open!
>NEIN, I VANT TO TAKE STALIN'S OIL, FILTHY COMMUNISTEN GONNA BACKSTAB ME ANY MOMENT NAU. PREPARE FOR A VINTER OFFENSIVE!
>But mein fuhrer, we are trading vith ze USSR, ve don't need to att-
>NEIN, FILTHY SLAV LAND IS BECOME MEIN LEBENSRAUM KOMMIES RAUS

>peer reviewed by other Americucks
Disregarded. We're talking about a cuck who thinks Austria-Hungary was a heinous oppressive tyranny and who held lectures in Prague and Bratislava trying to amerisplain to his audience how Russia is the worst threat to their region in the [current year]. He's a History Channel tier pop trash at best and an ideologue at worst.

>REEEEEEEEE
Keep shucking and jiving.

Keep trying to appeal to supposed authority of low IQ American academic circlejerks, cuck.

I already cited another author, but you're not having any of it because you're fucking stupid.

>he thinks namedropping someone is "citing"
Says a lot about your academic rigor.

It is a real reason. Read Mein Kampf.

>still shucking and jiving
Keep it up fuccboi. Everyone knows Fritz Fischer's magnum opus. At least, everyone who is learned on the subject.

>fuccboi
>"everyone knows" level of reasoning
Back to plebbit with you

@2341453
>still being a fuccboi
Done giving you (You)'s lad.

the real question is why did he try to do his autistic fantasy of genociding slavs while invading the USSR it just made them fight harder

Which specific book are you talking about?

Because communism is cancer.

Because fanatical populist ideologues make bad decision makers.

Psychopaths in charge don't actually ever have a "peace" plan; hence they know only war, hate, frustration, insecurity and inadequacy.

All this and bad intelligence/ not listening to intelligence.