Best roman republican general

Personally a Caesar fan, but my boy Scipio was pretty good

He's my fave too. It's a shame because he's literally the meme Roman. He's normies as fuck

Scipio by far.
Defeating the Carthogs in Spain and, obviously, defeating Hannibal at the end trumps the career of Caesar.

Scipio with Caesar being a moderately distant second.

Marcus Aurelius, Decius, Aurelian and Majorian are my favourites

but gaul tho, Alesia trumps zama anyday

Isn't that statue Augustus?

Gaius Octavius was a Roman general during republic times. See Battle of Philippi and BAttle of Actium.

So yes, Augustus was a general of the Roman Republic.

Nvm I misread your post as Augustus not being a general of the republic because LOL Empire not Republic. I didn't see OP's filename.

Sulla, who else did more to try to save the Republic?

Octavian was NOT a general, Agrippa fought practically all his battles for him.

>Alesia Trumps Zama any day
>defeating an inflated number of *relatively* poorly organized gauls with the benefit of fortifications and basically holding part of the enemy hostage
>is somehow more impressive than defeating one of the, if not THE greatest general of all time whilst being outnumbered.
Scipio had far more battlefield experience than Julio "lol fuck those innocent gauls" Cezar

Scipio Africanus was pretty gud but Scipio Africanus was even better

Scipio > Sulla > Agrippa

The top three.

>No one mentioning Camillus

Do you even Livy?

Best would be Cincinnatus

Julian the "Apostate" could have made Rome Great Again, but filthy brown people threw a spear into his chest.

Sulla is cunt agrippa>sulla

Scipio only won zama cuss of we wuz kangz and shiat cavalary. Not saying scipio is bad general it is just tactically zama isnt that impressive other than elephant killing corridors. Meanwhile in allesia you are surrounded both from inside and outside and out numbered also in enemy territory.

Pompey the Great was a first class general. He's just not remembered as such because he got rekt by Caesar but cmon he went up against one of the best military commanders and politicians in all of human history.

He is a cunt. But a very talented, undefeated cunt.