Why can everything bad about western civilisation be traced back to him?

Why can everything bad about western civilisation be traced back to him?

Yes

Redpill me on Hegel and why he's so bad for Western civilization. Was a Jew along with being a German

He invented the concept of progress. He wasn't a Jew though. Also he couldn't write a grocery list.

So we should all go full Amish until the next cosmic golf-ball wipes us all out of existence?

How about no?

Retard. I said he invented the CONCEPT of progress. There is and always will be technological advancement and social changes. What Hegel came up with is the notion that history follows a straight line and is every change is always for the best, thus we should want and even accelerate change.

You can see how all the madness of modernity springs from this. Oh so one scam artist is exposing an urinol and calling it art? No, it's not shit, it's progressive! Oh so your 5 year-old son wants to cut his dick off and undergo hormone replacement therapy. You shouldn't question that, it's progress!

Actually, Hegel's idea of progress was very conservative, building upon the pre-existing historical achievements rather than tearing them down and starting anew. If you want to see his opinion on revolutionary politics, read his introduction to the Philosophy of Right. He was also much more critical of the French revolution than most textbooks say.

>You don't want to be on the "wrong" side of history do you?
Who here has heard that shit? Well Hegel is to blame.

It doesn't matter if the man himself was conservative (which, I would argue, he wasn't; anyone who praises the enlightenment and the French Revolution is not a conservative in my book), but let's say he was personally a "conservative" compared with today's standards. His philosophy is pure poison, regardless of what he personally thought about it. His "conservatism" was discarded by everyone of his followers within one generation and the revolutionary potentialities of his philosophy went to full fruition ever since. Hegel's conservatism is a footnote. All of his followers are from left-liberals to full blown Marxists. The spell turned against the sorcerer.

>What Hegel came up with is the notion that history follows a straight line and is every change is always for the best, thus we should want and even accelerate change.

Oh Christ, you watched the School of Life video on Hegel and think you know what you are talking about.

M'sire I will defend the true intent of thy philosophy from thy detractors.

But I wasn't talking about Hegel personally, I was explicitly talking about his idea of progress and what did he mean by historical progress.

He did support the Revolution, but not unconditially; hence his support for Napoleon and constitutional monarchy, and his disillusionment with the Jacobin terror, and further.

Regarding the Enlightenment, he was vehemently against the Encyclopedist view that science and reason are opposed to religious belief.

Marxist and communists are fundamentally critical of Hegel, and it could be said that critique of Hegel is the historical starting point of Marxism.

>he is a right wing Hegelian
It must feel lonely.

If some dude selling a urinal for more than it's worth is one of the biggest problems you can think of, then I think that means that everything is pretty great.

>missing the point this hard

He isn't bad in himself. An unbiased read of him will make you think he's an esoteric theologian who likes the newly formed concept of the Nation-State. The problem is that his methodology of explaining thinks basically can be abused by marxists, nationalists and nazis to fuel their own theories.

Youre listing a urinal as one of the biggest problems currently facing civilization.

You're purposefully (?) being retarded. I can sit all day citing examples of how progressivist ideology is harmful. It's beside the point. People who can think don't need lists of examples, they can abstract and apply the concept to their observations.

She*

Your first example was urinal. If you consider that as an example of the worst things happening in society, you are out of problems.