Kaiser Wilhelm II

What can Veeky Forums tell me about him and his life. How much should he have been blamed for ww1 and what was his life in exile like.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Moroccan_Crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agadir_Crisis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he ate lots of haribo strawberries in netherlands and cut wood all day

>be literally the greatest German to ever live
>get fired by dumbass Kaiser who goes on to destroy the nation you practically created as well as ruining Western Civilisation forever

A fascinating character really. Burdened with a really harsh upbringing to compensate for his birth defect of a shortened arm. Certain doom pending for all his time on the throne, for an unhealthy monarch can only bring harm to his realm.
I believe firing Bismarck was a necessary step for his emancipation. Time proved him right. Never again Germany was as successful as under his rule. Art and science blossomed like no tomorrow. The militaristic Zeitgeist didn't leave him any wiggle room in the weeks before the World War. Truly a tragic figure and severely underrated.

>What can Veeky Forums tell me about him and his life.
Pathetic, twice as much once some autistic corporal took his job.

>How much should he have been blamed for ww1
More than anyone I guess.

>and what was his life in exile like.
Pure Arboricide

He turned Germany into a global powerhouse. Unfortunately France and Russia didn't believe in prosperity and peace and launched a perfidious plan in order to destroy the pan-German powergrip of central Europe. Here's the timeline. It's basically Germany: Please don't do that. Russia and France: Autistic mobilizing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_World_War_I

He was sexually attracted to his mother (wgo was British), but as he could never shag her, the frustration made him start a world war

>Firing Bismarck
>OK
Are you serious? Wilehelm was a pathetic man, who had no clue on foreign policy.
It´s amusing how he was able to alienate his own family resulting in 2 of his cousins going against him. Terrible leader.

>Terrible leader

Okay.

As I said:
>Terrible leader

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Moroccan_Crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agadir_Crisis

That would make Wilhelm a hero, not a bad leader.

"Look at the growth! Disregard the fact that he antagonized the entire world, isolated Germany, and set the course for the world going up in flames twice over!"

You clearly do not understand diplomacy

Success breeds jealousy. Germany was ahead of its time by showing that prosperity relies on hard work on ethics, not endlessly subjugating and colonizing foreign nations. WWI was a last proud stance against imperialism, on which the world has eventually agreed to condemn once and for all.

If there was ever something good in this world, it was the German Empire.

Diplomacy is but one aspect of leadership.

Germany had its own and wanted more colonies, mate.
Germany was also a big fan of expanding their empire through conquest of European powers, if that is not imperialism, then nothing is.

This romanticization of the German empire is ridiculous and dishonest.

>big fan of expanding their empire through conquest of European powers
Except it wasn't. Their colonies were mostly bought (Africa) or rented (China). They even gave up Sansibar in exchange for a small German island.

>France colonizes Morocco in spite of its independence being guaranteed by treaty
>hurr Willy is le evil because he dares to speak up against it

His life is both bizarre and at times sad, he had incestous feelings for his mother in his teen years. She was somewhat ashamed of him, because of his arm, and didn't treat him great. He grappled with depression throughout his life, in an interview he had with a British newspaper he made himself look really bad and pissed of Britain, France, Russia and even Japan, he went quiet and dealt with Great Depression because of it.

The eternal ovary strikes again, when will women be genocided?

>What was his life in exile like
Comfy as fuck. Mostly spent his time hunting, cutting wood and also spending time with his family and drawing. It was a cozy and laid back life.

He managed to turn a relatively peaceful balance of power into a fucking world war
Thats how much you need to know about him

willy had a hard live
DO NOT BULLY

Wilhelm was right to toss Bismarck for the ludicrous scheme he was plotting to suppress liberal elements of the country by force.

The Liberals of the time were crazed Nationalists wanting Germany to do things for the sake of showing up the other Eurofaggots.

See: the Empire's entirely senseless colonial policy.

The liberals of the time were the ones who wanted universal male suffrage, better conditions for the working class, and a more equitable electoral system that didn't inherently favor conservatives despite liberals routinely amassing more votes.

Incompetent asshole, his aggressive policies certainly didn't help. Churchill said about him something along these lines "he wants to be napoleon, without having to fight any of his battles"