Great War of Africa

>Named the deadliest war in modern African history, the Second Congo War has directly involved nine African countries, as well as approximately 20 separate armed groups.By 2008, the war and its aftermath had caused 5.4 million deaths, principally through disease and starvation,making the Second Congo War the deadliest conflict worldwide since World War II

And yet i never heard about it. Can somebody give me a tldr what it was about? Because i can't understand shit from the wikipedia article.
Interesting facts also welcome.
Also how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?

Note just how mind-bogglingly huge the combined landmass of all the involved countries is.

Niggers killing each other in Africa, what a surprise.

>how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?
Paul Kagame is a master 3D chess player

Just look at the combatants
What the fuck is that clusterfuck

From hunting and eating pigmees like game to street shitting and massive muh dikkings and machete holocausts
TIA

Sounds like normal nigger behavior, what exactly is noteworthy about this?

I read this some time ago thats where i even learned about the Congo Wars, but forgot what was exactly written there, thanks.

Seems to me that small African nations are at least kind of stable, while the big ones are just ethnic and cultural unstable clusterfuck.

Niggers gonna nig my man

>only 10 groups
>clusterfuck

no wonder the anglos are always impressed by the fact their government is funding their enemy and is allied to the guys who are funding the enemy of that fundee

You find the same situation in Ethiopia, you have the Tigray minority (6% of the population) controlling the rest of the country.

The use divide and conquer tactics to oppress the population and boy is it effective. So long as you have a well equipped, well organised and well lead group of people - they have a good chance at dominating a much larger, divided population.

Read "Dancing in the Glory of Monsters" by Jason Stearns. Best book on the Second Congo War.

Super condensed TL;DR
>Mobutu shelters genocidaires
>Rwanda reks his shit
>Rwanda's puppet ruler doesn't wanna be a puppet
>Rwanda tries to rek his shit, fails, ends up in 5 year stalemate

>Also how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?
Several reasons
>Mobutu is scared of a military coup
>intentionally hamstrings his own army
>encourages infighting
>sidelines well trained officers (they might be a threat)
>literally creates a parallel army with a separate chain of command to further make things difficult (Guard Civile)
>Guard Civile aren't trained or funded either (these are the dudes wearing pots as helmets)
>turns a totally blind eye to corruption in his ranks

There were literally situations where the Rwandans would run into tank battalions that couldn't move, because the commanders had sold all the moving parts in the tanks to the black market. Or infantry battalions that didn't have weapons because their commanders had sold all their rifles to arms dealers. All the high level Congolese commanders were far more interested in their own bottom line than actually being combat effective. Which was great for Mobutu on a coup-proofing level, but terrible on an "actually providing security" level.

>>Named the deadliest war in modern African history

And nothing of value was lost

Also, literally all of these posters are morons.

t. booty blasted nigger

Don't you have some Nigerian prince emails to send?

>he commanders had sold all the moving parts in the tanks to the black market. Or infantry battalions that didn't have weapons because their commanders had sold all their rifles to arms dealers
jesus christ

Miss Belgium yet?

This is the Veeky Forums board, right? Like, we're trying to look at actual causes for things, not "hurrdurr niggers hurrrrrrr".

For the OP, the Second Congo War is super interesting and has a number of causes, not one of which is "the" cause.

When the genocidaires fled Rwanda into the Congo, the Congolese confiscated all their weapons so that they wouldn't be harboring an army in the refugee camps....and then sold all the guns back to them at a markup.

You're contributing nothing of value to this thread. Why are you in Veeky Forums? If you want to complain about Africans, fuck off to /pol/

>When the genocidaires fled Rwanda into the Congo, the Congolese confiscated all their weapons so that they wouldn't be harboring an army in the refugee camps....and then sold all the guns back to them at a markup.
Say what you want about the Congolese, but they sure love turning a profit

Who gives a shit, they outbred the losses within a week anyways.

BACK TO /POL/ WITH YOU

t. Leopold II

paratrooper user please post more about crazy African shenanigans

holy fuck all of this sounds insane!! are there any books on the wars and politics of modern africa?