Matriarchy

Are there any great historical matriarchal civilizations or cultures?

If not, since females are roughly half the species, why have more nations and cultures *not* been matriarchal?

Would some great past civilizations being matriarchal have made them superior? Perhaps even prevented their collapse or destruction?

Other urls found in this thread:

radishmag.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/pump-and-dump/
radishmag.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/fair-sex/
breitbart.com/london/2014/12/04/the-sexodus-part-1-the-men-giving-up-on-women-and-checking-out-of-society/
breitbart.com/london/2014/12/09/the-sexodus-part-2-dishonest-feminist-panics-leave-male-sexuality-in-crisis/
whoism3.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/confessions-of-a-reformed-incel/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Sheba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himiko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How can there be a matriarchal civilization when male teenagers fresh out of puberty can automatically smack around 95% of the female population with ease?

LOOK AT THOSE BOOBS

>random Instagram whores with 9 - 5 jobs regularly btfo professional models
What's the world coming to?

That was always the case. Every time I've gone to the mall I've seen people like that.

> Are there any great historical matriarchal civilizations or cultures?

To my knowledge no.

> Would some great past civilizations being matriarchal have made them superior?

lol no.

Look at the modern West and what happened to it through female influence and now look at Eastern Europe and the Middle East/Africa.

Sure, the West is superior in every way now, but in the event of a civilizational/technological collapse, who do you think would dominate the other?

>matriarchal civilizations
none whatsoever
>cultures
few, all of them irrelevant

>If not, since females are roughly half the species, why have more nations and cultures *not* been matriarchal?
because patriarchal ones are stronger in every possible way

>Would some great past civilizations being matriarchal have made them superior?
no
>Perhaps even prevented their collapse or destruction?
definitely not, if anything it would have hastened their demise

Egypt was fairly matriarchal. Not fully tho.

Minoan, Etruscan, Phoenician, That's about it

Wut...

Could you provide an argument for this?

>Look at the modern West and what happened to it through female influence
Explain.

Hatahepush the She Pharaoh

In terms of property rights, dowries, almost completely equal inheritance laws, at bunch of female Pharaohs.

Is that really neccesary?

>a man in a male-dominated political and social system acts like that
That picture isn't an argument.

I bet whoever gives her a back massage automacally gets a blowjob in return

How so?

Giving women rights doesn't make it a matriarchy, if that was the case current Western culture would be the biggest matriarchy ever.

if u dont get it youre retarded..

This user knows.

That's why i said fairly, and not fully.

Amazons tribe and their monarchy. Maybe lesbians will make neoamazonland

Still waiting on the argument.

Those... did not last long.

And are a myth.

Western culture gave women rights, and that seriously harming my country, number of divorces is high, children left only with mothers, hatbands pay alimony while women have sex with another men.

You are exaggerating.

>a man in a male-dominated political and social system acts like that

>Germany
>male-dominated political and social system

But those are good things because of muh freedoms which gives everyone depression and lack of fulfillment.

Germany is run by a man.

im not going to make it that easy for you, youll have to understand that picture, which I didnt post, im pretty sure you understand the point, but choose to not, because of butthurtism

>im not going to make it that easy for you
That's called not having an argument.

That picture isn't an argument. Deflecting isn't an argument. When you have one, I'll be here.

Great God in Heaven Lord Jesus Almighty, those are some mighty fine boobs

>Explain.
I'd say "female influence" is a bit too simplistic but the the influence of SJW's, man-hate and like values that many women have adopted while shoving men under the bus and to the wayside; as well as many of them just plain having their heads up their asses has done quite the bit of damage toward society and men
>That picture isn't an argument.
These are
>radishmag.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/pump-and-dump/
>radishmag.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/fair-sex/
>breitbart.com/london/2014/12/04/the-sexodus-part-1-the-men-giving-up-on-women-and-checking-out-of-society/
>breitbart.com/london/2014/12/09/the-sexodus-part-2-dishonest-feminist-panics-leave-male-sexuality-in-crisis/
>whoism3.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/confessions-of-a-reformed-incel/

Udderly disgusting.

The Bundespräsident holds no real power

Historically women had more power on the religious side of things than political and military matters. So no matriarchy but they did hold powerful positions in many cultures.

>Breitbart as an argument

Could somebody explain why women globally developed as a second class until the 20th century?

>I didn't read any of the information you supplied, but it offends me
You shouldn't have left your safe space.

OP, the Mosuo of China are matriarchal. Women are the only ones who can own property and cattle. The largest threat to their way of life is women abandoning their traditional roles as mothers and bread winners and becoming housewives to Han men. Mosuo men are useless. Crime, gambling, and drugs are hilariously prevalent. As they are unable to own property or work on farms due to custom, they just sort of float listlessly, living with their mothers until they die, then they move to their sisters, then they die in the streets when their sisters die. The Mosuo have no concept of marriage, instead they have "Walking Marriages" which are essentially hookups. Children never know their own fathers.

>Historically women had more power on the religious side of thing
Yes, because women have a lot of say in their local mosque, and everyone knows the ecumenical patriarch relies on them all the time.

>thinking Islam and orthodoxy are the beginning of religion

Professional models are just walking manniquins unlike Instagram whores who are more likely to be be constantly hitting the gym just to get shat on by Arabs in Dubai.

No, every matriarchal society either got conquered or never passed tribal grass hut phase.

Look at every matriarchy still in existence today. They live in complete abject poverty and live like tribals.

There was that one greek comedy Assebly women or whatever, that as close as you're going to get.

The iroquois were matriarchal. They were native living in what is now south east Canada.

DAMN SON THOSE SOME STONKING GREAT TITS

Minoans were matriarchal.

fuck you slutposter!

>I have no pictures of myself from a time period stretching from high school to my late 20’s, save for some randoms others might have taken of me. I have no memories or recollections of my time in high school. I have no stories of parties, girlfriends or wild flings. It’s a time period i wiped from my mind, much like PTSD. The only way i can recall it is if i sit down and think really hard about it. I rarely do because i don’t like feeling like shit for the hell of it.

literally
me

>ctrl+f gensokyo
>0 results found

Not only are you using anime as an example, you picked a fucking terrible anime.

SCYTHIA

t. cyrus the cuck

only because the bros were too busy hunting, playing lacrosse, killing each other, and wrestling eagles

aka real shit

Yes, the Cham.

They were destroyed and subjugated by the big-dick, Confucian Patriarchy that was Ly Dynasty period Vietnam

The Pictish had a peculiar tradition where the dynasty continued from the mother's side rather than the father's side

This picture creates an intense desire within me to commit suicide.

Dravidian culture has always been matriarchal

So far this is the collective wisdom we have on the topic.

Men dominated society is fucked up.

Women dominated society is fucked up even more.

What we have now is society dominated by few men, who wisely dominate all women (by setting trends and spoonfeeding women what they should think), who then in turn dominate rest of the men because many strong willed individuals are broken by lack of pussy.

And pussy>cock in the sex market.

But cock>pussy in overall market.

So you can a) adapt b) become master male and rule over everyone c) die e ) become a spiritual teacher

None have advanced beyond the confines of the Bronze Age.

They've merely had the same rights as the men.

That's just matrilinearity, uncommon but not that strange.
Some south asian societies have a tradition of matrilocality, which means that when a couple marries, the man moves in with his wife's family, and not vice versa as is the norm elsewhere. These societies are still patriarchal, however, and afaik there has never been any evidence of a truly women-led society anywhere or at any time among humans. Our cousins the chimps are typically patriarchial but at least one tribe in south africa is matriarchial and noticeably less violent and more egalitarian than other chimp tribes.

The Minoans seemed to have female-dominated priesthoods but they also had kings and were without doubt patriarchal. Etruscans and Phonecians don't even have prominent female roles in society at all, idk how you concluded that either was matriarchial.

You mean the female who ruled a king (NOT as a queen) and who wore a false beard in all her public appearances and on her statues? THAT Hatshepsut? Egypt was certainly more egalitarian than Greece or the Arabs but patriarchy was deeply rooted in their cultural an religious traditions.

You have something there but you're still tangled up. Try again.

Men and women from ancient times all the way to our time have generally disliked the idea of a woman being in charge, so much so that wars have been started because women were named heirs.

This is still going on today, I'm on the fence about this but a lot of people believe women can't be in charge because they can't control their emotions as good as men, so putting them into positions of power can lead to irrational decisions. Obviously some savages believe that simply because they're physically weaker they shouldn't be leaders.

Military-wise it's counter productive to have female soldiers because they are the ones that breed more people. Even if most of the male population would get obliterated in a war, those few men left can fuck and impregnate all the women, but it doesn't work the other way around.

Society decided that women can't be soldiers or leaders and imposed on them a lifestyle where they'd marry at a young age and spend their life taking care of their family.

>SJW
buzzword, not an argument

>wordpress and breitbart
Is that literally all you have? Any peer-reviewed unbiased sources?

>going by /pol/ revisions instead of actual anthropology
>ignoring both men and women share the beliefs

>Although an understanding of reproduction and modern medicine is widespread in Trobriand society, their traditional beliefs have been remarkably resilient. For example, the real cause of pregnancy is believed to be a baloma, or ancestral spirit, that enters the body of a woman, and without whose existence a woman could not become pregnant; all babies are made or come into existence (ibubulisi) in Tuma. These tenets form the main stratum of what can be termed popular or universal belief. In the past, many held this traditional belief because the yam, a major food of the island, included chemicals (phytoestrogens and plant sterols) whose effects are contraceptive, so the practical link between sex and pregnancy was not very evident.
Stay in your containment board, hunnie.

>recycled screencaps from /pol/
>le ''he must be from pol'' face

reddits that way kiddo

>buzzword, not an argument
If you really going say that about what I posted I seriously doubt you actually read any of it.
Also
>This level of projection
I actually did post arguments which you'd know if you'd read
>Is that literally all you have? Any peer-reviewed unbiased sources?
I don't know, is all you have not reading my post, and then making another retarded post about how much you didn't read.
Also see
>I didn't read any of the information you supplied, but it offends me
>You shouldn't have left your safe space
If all you're going to do is whine and birch about how offended you are and can't take being disagreed with I don't know what you're even doing here

>Breitbart as a source

Literally the new Huffington post senpai, this isn't rocket science (or maybe it's just alt facts, idk).

*bitch

Because control and power are physical and nature made men stronger.

Prehistoric societies were not "Matriarchal" in the sense of women ruling over men.

Both Friedrich Engels's thesis and Gimbutas of pre-indo european societies as exclusively matrilineal have at least some corroboration with history/anthropology.

What this meant was that children who were products of group marriages passed down from the mothers line and not the father's line, which would not be proven. Because of this property was usually common and rulership was more egalitarian.

There is no proof that women "run" things, but it must have been certainly the case, the held greater power than in Semitic/indo-european societies. The "Great Earth Goddess" myth which seems to be the most common mythological figure in the world, would directly corroborate that a female priesthood would have direct political power, through religion, like in Minoan or pre-Indo Europeans. The fact that Indo-Europeans relied mostly on animal husbandry, passing of power through kingship, division of power to laborers, priests, warriors (therefore no need for female clergy bound to the tribe/earth) seems to corroborate the Gimbutas theory.

Things become more complex when you have leftovers from the pre-Indo European "female led" society/religion, like in Gaulish society were child upbringing was tribal and not dependent, tribal ownership of land, or in the case of Ancient Greece were earth Goddess worship was particularly strong.

>Literally the new Huffington post senpai
Not only is that a false equivalency, Breitbart is spot on about symptoms of feminism ailing aociety in the articles I posted. Your "just the same as HuffPo"argument neither disputes not disproves my post.
>this isn't rocket science
For you, not reading what I posted sure is
>(or maybe it's just alt facts, idk).
As Merriam-Webster has accurately pointed out there's no such thing as an alternative fact, and nothing you've posted has proven my post to be a so called "alt fact" or lie

not dependent on the family*

Pre-Indo-European civilizations were matriarchal. Look at what happened to them.

>thinking political power means shit

the real power is the economic, it manipulates all the other powers, and the top of the cream in terms of money are still all men.

In Paleolite there was a matriarchy

According to Josephus (Ant. 8:165–73), the queen of Sheba was the queen of Egypt and Ethiopia, and brought to Israel the first specimens of the balsam, which grew in the Holy Land in the historian's time.[7][21] Josephus (Antiquities 2.5-2.10) represents Cambyses as conquering the capital of Aethiopia, and changing its name from Seba to Meroe.[22] Josephus affirms that the Queen of Sheba or Saba came from this region, and that it bore the name of Saba before it was known by that of Meroe. There seems also some affinity between the word Saba and the name or title of the kings of the Aethiopians, Sabaco.[23]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Sheba

By this """reasoning""", Victorian England was a matriarchy...

No they weren't, that's a myth made up by literal fiction authors.

>If all you're going to do is whine and birch about how offended you are and can't take being disagreed with I don't know what you're even doing here
Exactly my point, thank you for agreeing with me.

Yeah, and the almost all the people with serious money support Feminism.

If he supported your point of view, you would have accepted an article from the Simple English Wikipedia.

Rome was a little matriarchal. Women didn't have formal power, but they did exert a lot of influence on their politicain husbands and sons and often influence politics through investment. I suppose Britain was matriarchal numerous times when it only had a Queen.

>touhou
>anime

Shaman Princess Pimiko/Himiko sort of was but her brother was probably the one who actually ruled. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himiko

No human society is matriarchal because it would make us extinct.

In a patriarchy women get to choose the males who have won the social game and are at the top of the dominance hierarchy.

That said, humans are too sophisticated to be reduced to a patriarchy/matriarchy dichotomy. We have elements of both chimpanzee(e.g patriarchy) and bonobo culture(matriarchy) within our own culture.

the basques used to be matriarchal, that´s why they never developed a state despite being a nation

>In a patriarchy women get to choose the males who have won the social game and are at the top of the dominance hierarchy.

God you faggots are fucking stupid. You realize loserly janitors and 30 yr old fuckups scrubbing tires regularly get/are married right?

>You realize loserly janitors and 30 yr old fuckups scrubbing tires regularly get/are married right?

So what?

The women they marry aren't lawyers or doctors.

You don't get it. None of these whiners gets it. If you've resorted to philosophizing about how women and society in general is unfair then you have lost the sense of stoicism and that comes with being a man.

>"The world is unfair!"

That may be, but proving that it is unfair is not going to un-fuck your life. Making yourself out to be a victim is slave mentality.

>being a janitor or cleaning tiers is a fuck up
This is why American society is awful. Any simple annual labor for a living is considered being a "loser." Somebody has to do those jobs.

Actually, I do "get it". Admitting that there are things wrong in the world and that they affect people, including yourself as well as prooffering ways to fix them a is not having a victim or slave mentality. It would be a victim mentality of whining and on top of that whining about nothing, was all I was doing. But I've posted about causes, effects and solutions for what I've posted about in this and other threads and boards. I also don't go around going "woe is me" all the time in real life either. Proving life is unfair can actually unfuck your life if you use the info you've got to your advantage to do something about it. It can also lead you to talk with others about the situation your in and get outside influence, advice and help. A little big like what's going on in this thread
>Only when we know what ails us can we hope to find cure.
How can we know what to do or what steps to take to fix what's affecting us or society if we first don't take stock of, and accurately asses what happened, how we got here and reflect on what we can do to ensure it doesn't happen again. Victims don't do any of that and do nothing, whining and complaining. Stoic men yet also men of action look at what happens, but still learn from history and their mistakes and act accordingly. Much like alcoholics first admit they have a problem. You have to look at what happened to plan and do anything about it

Underrated fpbp.

I honestly found most of Gimbutas work on this area to be overly speculative. I don't tust it one bit. The group marriage thing in particular is based on "because i say so".

One thing feminists love to do is pick out civilizations we don't know much about (like the Celts) and claim they were matriarchial. Since we don't have the information to disprove these civilizations were matriarchial, therefore they were matriarchial

Feminists REALLY live doing this to pre-historical civs btw

user, we should all be billionaires who make money out of laboring robots, what are you talking about?

>You will get to assfuck a robot clone of this girl and ask her to do that incredulous face while unloading buckets of goo over it.

Thank fucking god for modern times.