Long term Crypto-Mission General

Long term Crypto-Mission General
>ITT we define mature goals for the Crypto-future. (sounds gay).
As everybody knows, we are in a once-in-a-life-time opportunity (like going back in time an investing in Microsoft or Apple).

So some questions I have are:
>What will replace Bitcoin? and Why?

>What could crash ETH?

>What would be a dramatic hit for BTC? (political event, economic desicion, etc).

> Imagine that you get loaded with crypto. What could be your next step?

My long term goal is:
>Invest in BTC and ETH, RDD, DGB, ARK
>Learn about investing
>with some of the profit pay some good online-
courses. Also buy some books that are shilled here.
>Find a way to not get fuck by the banks when cash out.

Tell us about your thoughts user.

Share the shilled books.

stupid sold most my btc in feb, making mad money on ETH, just put the last of my btc in BAT. might transfer some ETH ot ARK. really winging it and small billing it but holding what i wasn't stupid enough to sell and trying to buy some sub dollar prospects in hopes of a lambo

Started with 3k on April 30th, up to just under 20k now.

Realistically, I don't think I'm going to be doubling again this month, but hopefully by the end of the summer it will.

I plan on consolidating my funds to have about 100 ETH, 20 BTC, and the rest in "big boy" alts like Strat & Waves, but also of the more promising ones like Steem, Radium, maybe ARK if I decide it'll carry past five bucks.

Hopefully that'll put me in the running for just under half a million by midway through 2019.

Long term
>Figure out how to cash out without reporting it.

I have 33k just sitting in a wallet. Why the fuck cant i pay off student loans with BTC

Guys i'm fucking scared for the fork on August 1st.

I don't know if I should sit in fiat or what.

Sit in fiat = lose the potential of getting coins on both chains
Sit in btc = btc might crash horribly

I don't really trust ETH and if BTC crashes then alts will die too

I was waiting for BTC to hit a correction floor of $2000-$2200 but it doesn't look like that's happening.

I'm waiting until the 1st for the fork. It just might prick the bubble. That would be the time to invest.

are you going to hold btc, alts, or cash ?

I feel like it will dip temporarily(at least) due to the uncertainty, so sitting on cash and buying the dip would be good, but then you wont have access to forked coins

Sell 50%, keep the rest in there.

ETH will probably crash like BTC does in August, but then the prices will reverse fairly quickly... In 2 years ETH will be worth more.

Find a friend or family member overseas and show him/her how to set up an account in their home country with something that can withdraw to his/her bank. Send that person your money and have him/her cash out into his bank and wire it to you or send it by mail or something as a gift.

This avoids the risks associated with cashing out in cash through localbitcoins and simply spending the cash forever until it runs out but that is another option.

Gifts are not taxable except to the person sending the gift. But if that person is not of the US then the IRS can do fuck all but prove it was not a gift. If you claim it was a gift, there's nothing they can really do.

would this actually work?!

OP I am deeply invested in ETH, MNE, RDD, XRP, and DGB for the future.

Please tell me, why should I invest in ARK or STRAT?

It feels like these coins have essentially peaked, to me. They don't seem like they'll crash but they don't seem like strong holds either.

DGB and RDD have room to grow, a lot, and I think MNE will be big once it gets on a more reputable exchange. I question if STRAT or ARK have that same potential upside though.

Can you recommend anything else as a strong long term hold and why?

You'll lose 5-10% on the wire transfer and your bank will probably be on your ass about people sending you money for no reason.

probably not. your friend would have to pay taxes in their country.

I personally take advantage of foreign arbitrage every time I cash out as a kind of bonus because it's too much hassle to do for a few extra percentage points regularly, but to cash out it's great and the money I receive is no different than regular gift amounts I would get from my family, so there's nothing suspicious about it in my case. But yeah, gifts aren't taxable and cryptocurrencies aren't realistically traceable like that.
Again, I do this regularly. You don't lose 5-10%. We pay maybe $18 total in fees to do it regardless of the amount. That's nothing.

I have even had my friend send it to her account at Citibank and simply withdraw it from a Citi ATM in the US. Though that was only for amounts under $400 so it's not viable for large cashouts.

Sending thousands via wire transfer is though.

and your friend doesn't report this income that she then gifts to you? i don't know but i'm guessing she's committing some sort of tax fraud.

I'm sending the money to her via ETH in a smaller foreign country so its not really reportable, or a big deal in that country, at all. Then when she withdraws it she's giving it to me as a gift. Really not a problem except that if she were in the US, she would have to pay a gift tax on gifts over $14,000. But she's not in the US and her country isn't going to care/know.

What the fuck is happening in august?? Everyone keeps talking about it

I honestly believe DGB will be the next BTC

what makes you believe that?

Bitcoin is splitting in two, like Ethereum and Ethereum classic. This will either be brilliant or fuck things up royal. One of the bitcoin halves will likely become a slow growth shitcoin (just like Ethereum classic).

Bitcoin forks cause of scalibility issues

buy mooncoin

i know that a fork is possible, but i thought even if it actually happened, it would happen all of a sudden, without an announciation beforehand?

Its literally happening august 1st. Google shit, noob