Why do Catholics worship skulls and mummified body parts?

Why do Catholics worship skulls and mummified body parts?
It's almost like it's a pagan death cult or something.

>pagan

What? It's a Christian death cult you mong.

Because Catholicism is just Celtic Paganism, thus Catholic Worship death, and hominious suffering.

Because Christianity in general is a death cult whose primary symbol is a brutal means of execution.

>worship

I would explain why you are incorrect but this is a blatant troll thread.

I'm not him, but please explain user, I didn't even know Catholics had these kind of relics

Coz we have style.

Something Lazy protestants and their McChurches will never understand.

There's no point explaining it as this is bait and whatever I put will be dog piled by 478 shitheads screaming about mystery babylon and fish hats. If you're interested, look into it yourself.

Because it is? They are literally holding off all earthly pleasure until they are rewarded with it in the afterlife. Some of them want to die faster so they can experience that bliss.

Ask early Christians that do exaclly the same in times of Nero.

Bullshit. Kingdom of heaven on earth biatch.

Skull of a saint man is a good mojo

This is absolutely fascinating

>these people were holy in life
>their remains somehow aren't holy

The Inquisition ended too soon.

>I-it's not idolatry when /we/ do it!
>It's "veneration"

>Roman Catholic Church
>Roman. Catholic. Church.
>ROMAN.

Are prayer circles and Facebook prayer requests idolatry too?

Yes, it is veneration, you fucking retard. Are you too autistic to actually understand nuance?

I had no idea prayer circles and facebook prayer requests featured relics belonging to the person in question

No, but they are fucking worse in their cancerosity.

I'm glad Catholic ones just sit somewhere in real life.

Christianity is a life cult (if anything). Those pagan faiths which worshiped gods of death like Odin are death cults.

Still better than American xtianity.

But wotan brought back the souls of the dead from their mountain homes/heaven in every winter so you could accomorate them and have the children imitate the souls with various lantern rites.
Not that life denying.

>Christ offers life to all christians when he rose from the dead himself
Not that life denying.

Yes it isnt.
Now we might ask what even makes a deathcult? Something that exalts life over death? Gnostic christianity has a bit of that as it paints the material world as evil. The cathars didnt want to procreate much for that reason.
In catholicism you used to have very specific prayers at certain days and a bunch of folk beliefs (a beggars prayer for your dead relatives counts more then a rih man ones.) to make your relatives suffer not as long in purgatory, that and believing into the healing powers of bones exalted by the saintly death seems a bit morbid but doesnt denies life itself so it only looks more like a "deathcult" then it is one.
Besides that I just was a bit confused at you shittalking wotan. You probably thought of human sacrifiece, white power and walhalla. But the bits and pieces that have survived from central european folklore paint a more interesting picture of an agricultural god who interacted your crops and the dead souls too in winter which you could feed and accomodate similar to indian and asian ancestor worship.

*exalts death over life.

>muh fertility cult

Odin is literally a god of death.

What about that?
20th century folklorists noted that in backwater villages people still let a piece of corn stand for the cornspirit, while in northern germany peasants hung a butchered sows uterus in an oak for "the wold" as they expected something in return.
These beliefs were developed by a people dependent on their fields and the weather, of course crops are a big deal even the metaphysical gives a damn about. Hell, there used to be lots of prayers for saints to look for the fields. So much for muh fertility in christianity.

>worshipers of Odin want to spend an eternity with him in valhalla
>worshipers of Jesus want to spend an eternity with him in heaven
Not that different desu senpai. Also that Christians believe martyrdom gets you a better reward in heaven and early Christianity often encouraged martyrdom

Its just sad people think reconstructed fertility cults is a religion while Christ commandment "pray with your door shut" could actually be advancing people spiritually.

>belong to pagan polytheist idolatry cult that practices pedophilia
>claim to be a christian on a bangladeshian basket weaving board

Was it autism?

>Protestants

Yes so what?
Does that make him exalt dying over living? People believed the wild hunt might take your relatives with them (there are 16th century sources of even priests believing that still) and while the madly treshing train of souls cruising through the wind with odin/wodan at the front was demonised and feared, you also have church edicts against putting milk and dough outside for the wild hunt to eat and a few stories were it has a benevolent character.
(In a goofy let-me-drop-a-dead-dog-filled-with-coins-through-your-chimney).
Many stories were there are figures resembling him like father eckhard or the Rübezahl mention him residing in mountains.

The god of death brought your relatives back for you too feed ritually. Sounds not very evil. You have many lantern rites at the time were such beliefs and festivals peak were children walk around with lights, sometimes led by a rider (made a saint like martin of tours) sometimes as part of a played out wildhunt like in south germany who are given sweets and the like as they go from door to door.
These might have been seen as a placeholder for your dead ones once.

There is a lot of ritualised weirdness in christianity which has not much to do with closed doors. Saints against ratplagues, guardian angels similar to what the romans had and ultraspecific stuff like that. What "advances" you or not cant be judged as easily in hindsight. For some tribe 600 bc dwelling in an uncomfortable swamp praying to a pole for better yields might already have been an advancement as people were comforted by the thought of -something- higher caring about your plights.

Not comparable with the kind of religion highcultures bring forth ofc. Im not a neopagan if that is what you suspect.

>guardian angels similar to what the romans had and ultraspecific stuff like that
Guardian angel, and angels in general are more likely to have come from Zoroastrianism

Roman knew the concept tho and the greek daimon seems similar.
If it comes from the even older zoroastrians (it is a very intimate belief, dont know if such stuff got spread the way organised cults were.), is something indoeuropean which got codified by later religions or even more archaic, something invisible people talked to and felt comforted by in their moments of solace when they were still hunting mammoths we cant know as the concept is a very simple one everyone could come up with at some point.

>worship
Learn your doctrine m8