Kek Givith and Kek Taketh

Hello Veeky Forums.

Thank you for joining me. My bittrex account was hacked today and I lost 2.7 BTC. I started the ride with ETH @ $15 and rode it to $260 before I cashed out. Along the way, I listened to Veeky Forums when we called for XRP, RDD, DGB and XBY. I started with nothing, and now some Indonesian has my wealth that I have accumulated.

I thought I would be able to pay off my student loans and move on with my life. I wanted to start a business once I had my loans paid off. Now I will slave for another 2 years before I can go anywhere.

Let this be a lesson. GET A GODDAMN COLDSTORAGE WALLET AND MOVE YOUR FUCKING COINS OFF AN EXCHANGE BEFORE YOUR 747 TO LAMBOLAND GETS HIGHJACKED.

fuck my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT2jq-suyU
biznetnetworks.com/en/company/about-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No 2FA?

How the fuck did you get hacked? and how did they withdraw from your account? Don't they need email confirmation?

2FA was enabled without my knowledge. Apparently Trex doesn't email you when you activate it. This basically leaves you vulnerable to an attack without warning, getting cleaned out and then locked out so you cant do shit about it. Trex wont do shit for you either, and if you have an account over $1000, you have to take a mugshot for the IRS.

I was cucked by false hope.

>Not using 2FA on all accounts in 2017
>Not keeping crypto in a safe wallet unless actively trading

Why do people keep doing this, despite the ongoing warning from countless since like 2011?

Did you have an easily crackable password or something? Or a proper one?

>2FA was enabled without my knowledge
What the fuck do you mean?

curious about this

Because doing it right requires use of my time. I work 12 hr days, and the time that I have off I just want to sleep. I wanted to move my shit to Mint with a laptop that would be kept offline, and clone the HDD with 3 redundant copies using acronis true image.

I guess life has its way of kicking your ass when you least expect it

That sucks. Please answer: Did you have a weak password or was it decent?

Nevermind. I started drinking and assumed the worst. I did infact receive an email 4 days ago about 2fa auth. I never bother to check my email on a daily basis.

2nd person to report getting hacked on BitTrex.

Hmm...

OP why are you such a massive faggot?

lol you pleb
check ur emails everyday
turn 2fa on(on your own phone)

so you didn't get hacked?

what is a safe wallet? are my coins safe at coinbase if i have google authenticator enabled?

I'm locked out. I can't remember a 2fa I never set up.

If I use my mobile, there's any way to a pajeet get past the security online or he would need to gey my mobile?

>remember 2fa

2fa uses google authenticator. you dont have to remember anything, other than to not lose your phone

anyways, your story is fishy and makes no sense.

Do you post your email around? Get a phising email...

How did they even figure out your email or password? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Jesus, I assumed hacking was all through social engineering. Are you sure you didn't just post your Bittrex Info of Fagbook user? I just did the 2Fa just now to be safe in the future

What do I do about altcoins which don't have a good storage solution other than the exchange? For example, the link to the windows wallet on the espers site seems to be broken.

you cant even withdraw from bittrex without confirming on email, is this not the case with 2fa?

So this was all just you being dumbass alcoholic degenerate? This shit right here is why you shouldn't believe 99% of the "horror stories" out there. They're just people being fucking retards.

Why should we feel sorry for you if you don't understand want fucking security is

these threads always pop up and it literally always happens because you didn't have 2fa enabled

you absolutely fucking deserve to lose your money

why are these exchanges so vulnerable to hacking and not keeping our funds safe

stop victim blaming

it should be these exchanges duties to keep our accounts safe

>the bank better make sure nobody mugs me!

what a fucking RETARDED MOTHER FUCKER NIGGER

because we live in the real world idiot, once ur coin is gone theres no appeal bro.

its like these am i being detained faggots

No it fucking shouldn't. Their primary attention should be on trades. Not keeping some dumbass retard safe after not enabling 2FA

oh it SHOULD be, should it? bitch this is the wild west. altcoins are risky as fuck and if you don't take every possible precaution to avoid getting jacked... well... it's all in the game.

OP, i am truley sorry for your lots. I do respect you not putting up a frickin wallet address and e-begging.

Real world is scary.

and this is why blockchain technology will never become mainstream with all these hacker horror stories, if it's so easy to have your coins stolen

Anything that gets stolen out of my bank account via credit/debit card (I never carry cash) or bank transfer is insured. Neither of these things have ever happened of course.

Do you know what is better? It could be the exchange itself who """hacked""" him.

If some degenerate on Veeky Forums can get hacked into... think about how easy it would be for your parents or grandma.

It was mostly weak. 10 char with 1 uppercase and numeric characters. I would recommend a password that is a phrase out of a random book that you have sitting next to you. You can escape a brute-force attack by doing this.

>10 char with 1 uppercase and numeric characters
Are you me?

do you want government regulations on crypto?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT2jq-suyU

>10 char with 1 uppercase and numeric characters
i bet you had something like randomword2017 or something stupid like most people who make mediocre passwords

I was anti-zuckerfuck since 2011. The internet is a shitty place. I used to be a NEET and crawled my way up from an unpaid internship to full-time employment in the US in less than a year.

Also, I wouldn't trust an exchange with your hard-earned cash.

Go fuck yourself moron
>With a small loan of 1 million dollars entitled tall-white-trash-bag

Don't feel sorry for me, I am moving my way up the ladder. I just wanted to jump into the 747 and express my way to financial freedom. I posted this info because I have lurked Veeky Forums since 2016 and I want to share what happened to me so others don't get fucked.

I use an outdated altcoin bit address
as my password

I know right.. and when you use 2FA dont use the same email address for the authenticator/Authy (or whatever 2fa app you use) that you used for the exchange(s).. gotta keep it seperated.

my password is:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890

Should I change it?

sounds like the real moral of the story here is to not be a retard and use 2FA religiously with a randomized password

actually I use a password manager and it allows me to generate the strongest password possible.
it has a meter showing me how strong it is.
here's an example password: 6t*dv]=$hh,{LPH*EMg:
plug that in passwordmeter.com

Uhhhh no.

The real moral of the story is USE A COLD STORAGE WALLET and DO NOT USE A FUCKING EXCHANGE to store your cryptowealth.

I have already been burned. If anything, Veeky Forums should fucking listen and sage advice given by the oldfags. DO NOT TRUST AN EXCHANGE TO YOUR 747 TO LAMBO LAND.

Worlds safest passwords:
>12345
>abc
>admin1
Try a few of those user. Account security will be guaranteed.

how the fuck do you remember something like that? are you autistic?

What I don't understand is why the fuck would you blame Indonesians?

Like who does that?

Listen, I was hacked. This means that my desktop was compromised. I used combofix to delouse my desktop, and I found something suspicious cucking my PC. I googled "Biznet Client Startup" and found this URL in google search results: biznetnetworks.com/en/company/about-us/

You don't have to understand why the fuck I blame Indonesians. This is the Internet. All that you have to understand is that I got hacked, lost my ticket to financial freedom and got cleaned out because I trusted my wealth to an exchange. If you cannot understand this, I cannot help you. Go play with stocks and bonds.

You deserve to stay poor. Dumb bitch. Look at you! Getting robbed by muslim tree niggers. Shameful. The Lord punishes you for good reason, I'm sure.

>muslim tree niggers

topkek

USE 2FA YOU FUCKING IDOTS

He would still need your login credentials.

I hope you are wise to listen to the advice that I have to give you. I will remain poor because I did not listen to the advice that Veeky Forums gave me.

>tree niggers
Ohhh, I'm king of the trees. I'm the tree mister. I count on them. Yehh Right. Keep it movin' faggot

Yeahhh you talk that good shit now huh peasant. Heed the advice of some easily bamboozled hillbilly? Sure bud. You can tell this story again tomorrow morning while you're riding the bus.

Best method to hold forever without being hack?

Good ol Bittrex and other pathetic exchanges in the crypto world.

Good thing the Blocknet is going to put an end to the nonsense: 100% trustless Dexchange capable of cross-chain atomic swaps.

Can't wait

encrypted cold wallet with redundant offsite backup

Uhhh yeah.

crypto market cap 100 bil

>before it was 48 bill. You need us to keep your shitty crypto market in a pump.
> I am the small investor. I keep your IV going to make sure the crypto market is afloat
> I carpool to work faggot. While your ass is destroying the earth,
> I will continue to tell this story. I will post this shit until Veeky Forums likes it.

Just remember that we prop your bullshit market up. We can end your shitty pump if we want to. We do it.

Your exit interview.. is OVER!!!!!

>lurked since 2016
>thinks he's an oldfag
>posts about being an oldfag
>loses his money in some stupid way
>thinks anyone learned anything from this
yeah ur retarded OP; only cure is suicide

Got hacked account on bittrex too today... lost a lot...

>I use a password manager

I miss when crypto was a /g/ thing

You should like a fucking retard.

Maybe you shouldn't drink alcohol. You might need what few pistons you have functioning to work at full capacity.

My friend got hacked too. How do these hackers do it?

>implying ark isn't superior

What the fuck one of my accounts got hacked too luckily it only had 5btc in it

retarded nigger

It makes sense in that he got hacked because he is retarded with security which is the same reason he can't explain what happened.

its settled I will make the ultimate infographic on securing stuff, I made some posts on how to be a hardcore autist, by generating transactions offline and qr coding them to use on an online pc.

t. /g/

You actually have to make something that is easy as shit and mostly secure so that retards like OP will actually do it instead of making excuses OP is convinced that he has to do some fuckin computer science to keep his coins safe because of guides like this. Actually if he just enabled 2fa he would have been fine. It's at least better than nothing while he gears up to setup cold storage where he can lose his coins on his own without the help of Indonesians.

nice user, given the influx of newfags lately it'd be more than welcome i guess

it does email you and you need to confirm it via email

Sounds like your email is compromised too

OP could have avoided all of this if he enabled 2fa
By what hes posting it sounds like he doesn't even know what 2fa is

I see, I will layer it then from normie-tier to autist-tier.

I think a video might be nice too. If you have any input on what to look out for I would appriciae it. I think layering it as such could work:

>2fa (why google auth over sms)
>online wallets (scam tier, clientside)
>generating wallets offline (paperwallets etc)
>airgapping transactions
>hardware wallets

Ways to backup your 2FA codes:
* Easy way: use Authenticator Plus, or any other 2FA app that has cloud backups
* Hard way: root access + Titanium Backup, backup Google Authenticator data to Google Drive/Dropbox.

flush yourself down the toilet.

He uses Lastpass/Dashlane/1Password/Keepass/whatever.

I use Lastpass, here's how it works: I have a crazy strong password for my Lastpass account, and then store my other passwords in my Lastpass account. My Lastpass password encrypts the other passwords, so nobody can hack Lastpass and steal them, Lastpass doesn't keep a record of my Lastpass password, it decrypts as needed when I login and use a password.

Something like that anyway. If you're paranoid about Lastpass having all your passwords, even though they can't read them, use KeePass, which is more work and less user friendly.