Ever told anyone about your crypto?

Have you ever told anyone about your crypto holdings or earnings?

I don't mean coming out and saying that you have 1000 ETH, but has the cryptocurrency ever come up in conversation and you absentmindedly admitted that you had some valuable crypto?

Recently, I was at the bar and I discovered that one of my friends had an interest in crypto, so we struck up a conversation on it. Eventually, when my guard was down, she asked how much crypto I had. Instinctively, I told her that I had a couple ETH (I have more than just two ETH, and am stockpiling other coins).

I realized my mistake when her jaw dropped at this mention. I sheepishly corrected myself by saying, "Well, more like 1.73 ETH." Still, I felt like I had just dodged a bullet. She admitted that she had only put around $100 into BTC and was thinking about diversifying into Monero and Ripple, so I see why she was surprised to hear about my holdings.

Have you accidentally ever told anyone about your earnings? If so, did it change their opinion of you or did they try to guilt you into giving them money?

I've told my best friend but I don't think he even cares

I never talk about earnings and never talk about crypto to normies. Ever. Keep it to yourself. If someone knows about crypto, I only talk about where prices are going, never about how much I hold. Except shillcoins and bags of course.

It can ONLY hurt you to talk about crypto too much.

>has $100 in BTC
>somehow shocked at you having ~$500 in ETH, only 5x more than her investment
>this scares you so much you feel like you "dodged a bullet" (???)

>she
nice larping user

I told someone at work the other day I could make more money trading magic beans on the internet.

Uh, yeah, I could have told her that I have tens of thousands. I don't know how she would have handled that given her reaction to a mere $500.

>things that never happened: the thread

op is a fag

I told me dad I got in on ETH at around $120 and put in $5k. He gave me a high five so that was pretty cool

hookers seem to know about crypto...

i had to talk to someone and i had nothing else going on in my life so i brought it up

You're making me want to hodl my beans, and I have sell orders active.

I told my best friend about ETH at $18.

He blindly took my advice and used $900 out of his sports betting bankroll... cashed out into BTC then converted to ETH and has sat on it ever since.

He's sitting on $13,000 right now. He says if we make it to $500, he's taking me to vegas.

Feels good man

>Keep it to yourself. If someone knows about crypto, I only talk about where prices are going, never about how much I hold.
Yeah, but someone asking about how much you have is such a natural segway from a typical crypto conversation. It's almost difficult NOT to ask. Which is why I have "I have a couple" on speed dial. If I say I don't have any, yet display an avid interest in the subject, it would likely come across as a lie. Too bad I like talking about crypto so much.

Not everyone on 4chinz is a shut-in.

Heh, my dad still thinks I'm investing into a ponzi scheme.

Subtle, I like it.

Damn, and to think I don't have any friends like that.

>at the bar
>friends
>her
lmao
the thought of you sitting there typing that bullshit made me laugh

thx bae

Nice meme, reddit.

My friend gave me a grand and I turned it into $40k, but he's the only one I really talk to about it and where I realistically see it heading, well him and a cunt I'm gonna fug just so she pretend to be interested in me for me when she really just wants those crypto earnings

If someone is envious at having a few thousand dollars, you should probably just dump them. They could end up ruining your life. I'm just going to tell people I'm jobless and a gambling addict.

>brag to everyone about my gains
>never give any to friends or family

>tfw wish I had friends or family

I'm with this guy You sound like a retard.

Do you have a 3rd grade reading level?

I do, but to be fair its not as if I have anything worth bragging about

Normie outtt ouutt ouuuuuuuttttttt

i do talk about it but as a leggit poorfag, i say "but i'm poor so i didn't really invest much."

heh

what is toast?

Told some people back in the day when I was holding 6 or so. Now that it's at ATH and it's apparently in the news or something, I'm being asked about it again. Too bad I didn't know about the don't-tell-anyone Veeky Forums meme back then.

I TOLD A TRAP HOOKER THAT HER PENIS LOOKED MY 10 ETH COINS

A ROCK SOLID INVESTMENT

nobody here knows crypto

not even the rich ones

I just charge normies $50. Helped someone start a coinbase, MEW, and basic trading on Bittrex.

That $50 went to ARK

I stopped holding beans after I doubled my money and then lost half. It's just a convenient thing to tell normies without going in to words they don't understand.

>2 ETH is a lot of money
Where do you live? Zimbabwe?

Dont tell anyone about your crypto or your gains.

People are shit, they'll snitch on you and the IRS will be on your ass.

This. OP is either dirt poor or 12 years old.

2 ETH is like a day or 2's pay at my job.

>I told someone at work the other day I could make more money trading magic beans on the internet.

Yes, when around normies talk about Crypto like metaphors in a story.

>ohhh I just bought some Bitty Beans online and now I've got enough beans on that beanstalk to take me to the moon! Hahahaha!

Normies gobble that shit up like emoji decorated icing on a muffin.

>Her jaw dropped when she found out I had $500

you guys probably paid over $50 for your shitty drinks

OP how fucking poor are you that 2 ETH is considered a lot?