>best composers
>excellent scientists
>excellent generals
>most pragmatic engineers

Still a shithole

What went wrong?

>not white

>most pragmatic engineers

That's an interesting way of saying "doesn't give a fuck about safety".

Who cares about safety when you have superior manpower

>excellent generals

I know nothing about Russia so apologies if I am memeing out of my ass but...

Could alcoholism actually be a partial factor? I feel like I've read insane rates of alcoholism in Russia...kinda like ireland?

More asking than asserting

Monstrous material and human losses in the last one hundred years.

In any case, it's childish to speak of numerical superiority. Numerical superiority isn't as easy to achieve as people think, you still have to mobilize, clothe, feed, and manoeuver your forces. Just having numerical superiority means nothing, you have many examples of vast armies beaten by smaller armies. Real-time warfare doesn't work like it does in video games.. The fact Russians often managed to exploit their manpower potential and environment is a good thing, since it allowed them to prevail. What's the problem here? It's not heroic? Well, real life doesn't care about heroism.

It is, at least to some extent, that is.

>What went wrong?

In the last century specifically, Communism that literally starved their country and choked it with debt.

Contrast the rise of underdeveloped shitholes like Finland, Korea, and Taiwan into their current states. Korea used to be barely more developed than most of Sub-Sahara Africa just sixty years ago, and has a larger GDP than Russia right now despite having no natural resources of note, being a fraction the size, and having like a third the population.

Addiction appears to be a stress response which is why it's so prevalent among people who suffer childhood trauma and mental illness, it's probably in response to a "national trauma" due to the brutal Russian history, similar to the Native Americas who lost everything and are now alcoholics, and to a lesser extent the Irish

Take any Western European and make them live in Russia and they would probably become an alcoholic too

Communism, before that autocracy, and besides that instability and great human and material losses.
Russians are very resourceful people but they just couldn't find the balance. I mean Putin's Russia is probably the best period in their history, overall.

>autocracy
I should've wrote system of government as whole, with a highly privileged noble class and big serf population.

too diverse

no unity

poor government

>kinda like ireland?

Contrary to stereotypes, Ireland does not have that much alcoholism. Barely more than Britain and less than France. But yes, Russia has very high rates.

>too diverse
When you see shit like this you know you're talking to a person who doesn't know shit about Russia.
Russia is the opposite of diverse. 80% of population are ethnic Russians, who speak an almost uniform Russian from Smolensk to Vladivostok, who are ethnic majority on like 90% of Russian territory, and rest are Russified minorities, with some exceptions (Checnya, Dagestan).

>best composers

>muh orchestration
>muh nationalistic themes
>muh schmaltz

Stravinsky was the only one who was even half-good.

>creator of the greatest Russian literature was part black

can't make this shit up

Also he had a beautiful Russian wife to give cummies to.

Russia has always struck me as an autistic genius. Performs tremendously at times but is riven with paranoia and an inability to function properly in the world.

>Stravinsky was the only one who was even half-good
>implying Rachmaninoff/Scriabin/Tchaikovsky/Mussorgsky are bad
pls

Wow no one?
Not even out antcap people? Shit... well then

Communism.

was a shitty tsardom that went thru 2 world wars, a revolution, a genocide and mass starvation, before being kneecapped for 60 or so odd years.

suprised its still standing for one,

It always amazes me how fuck huge Russia is, yet nothing ever really seems to happen there.

Like what goes on in that part near Alaska? What about that part near China/NK?

All I hear about Russia is Moscow/St Petersburg are there really no other major cultural cities/centers in such a vast fucking country?

>Barely more than Britain

that's pretty fucking bad considering you're counting both the English and Scottish together right there.

>Bu... but MUH PURITY!

I don't know why you're so surprised. Most countries other than the united States tend to have overimportant centres.

>80% of population are ethnic Russians
more like 60 or even less

1917 happened and WW2 nearly all of the intellectual class got exterminated, purged and worked to death in labor camps, you can thank chomsky and his revolutionary buddies for that

You pulled those numbers out of your ass, didn't you?

nope I've been to moscow and seen how majority of people look like a lot of them had middle-eastern/tatarian features

Who gives a shit? His nigger ancestor is responsible for scouting and schooling one of the greatest generals ever known to Western history.

Most ethnic Russians have middle-eastern/tatarian features

Are you the Latvian from yesterday accepting defeat and trying a different approach?
At least you're objective this time.

>the greatest war the world had ever known fought on its territory
>followed by a brutal civil war
>followed by the new greatest war the world had ever known fought on its territory
>followed by a world wide embargo on it
>followed by it being forced to cede its richest territories that it had been investing in for several decades
>followed by more embargo on it

Gee, I dunno. Maybe its the weather.

criminalizing intelligence and ingenuity during a communist uprising has a profound effect on the gene pool.

Most Russians are about as poor under Putin as they were under the USSR except now they have heroin and hiv epidemics along with illegal immigrants from the stand willing to work for half their wage.

Despotism fetish

>>best writers
>>best composers
>>excellent scientists
>>excellent generals
>>most pragmatic engineers
they all got killed by gommies or emmigrated

Your anecdotal evidence versus official statistics.
Objectively false. Besides material aspect, Putin even if authoritharian is nowhere near their former rulers in terms of state repression.
Modern Russia is best Russia ever. Far from perfect of course, that wasn't my point.

>ethnic Russians
those don't exist anymore

What happened to them?

ching
ching
ching

bred out of existence

GTFO, Russians look no different than Germans and Brits.

Moscow have lot of immigrants dumbfucks. It's kinda like Londonistan.

>best composers
I don't see Germany in that map.

Communism fucked them over, now they are slowly improving

>What went wrong?
Slavs

>Russia
>improving

communism make russia ugly, physically. And before that they were serf.

Well Duh! Russia is not even that poor. They're a 2nd world country.

Russia > Brazil> India> China.

>What went wrong?

Losing about 1/4th of the population, with the majority being young men, during war kind of has negative effects.

>YEEEEEHAAA

Strong men do not actually make good times. Good institutions do, and neither the semi-feudal monarchy nor the Communist/post-Communist dictatorship had or have good institutions.

Russia is not stable ( in 1 century- emperor,Stalin,putin), everyone see Russia as a big threat --> sanctions, current government doesn't want to change anything.
Current young generation giving a lot hopes, their left views mixed with historical traditions make them really good citizens. But I don't see any major changes until 1)putin dies;2)putin dies and doesn't leave his trusted men as president

prove it

Turns out that despite being highly fetishised by idiots, authoritarianism simply doesn't have lasting benefits.

>Its a "intelligentsia dindu nuttin" episode

if you have unlimited supply of flesh and bone you cant lose

t. Argentina