Ramses had his people build four identical colossal statues of him all placed NEXT TO EACH OTHER

Ramses had his people build four identical colossal statues of him all placed NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

Literally, how is it even possible to be that fucking narcissistic and egotistical?

People were so fucking stupid back then.

We're still talking about him 3000 years later, so, mission accomplished?

>lol mom look at me I'd be so rational and prudent if I were raised from childhood as a literal god King why couldn't Ramses be as logical as me :*(

And what good did that do him?

He's still dead as fuck and all of his "achievements" and buildings are fucking irrelevant.

He's dead.

Immotality can be achieved when people know about you even though you are already dead. I'd say he achieved immortality.

Not saying he was something special though. He was a huge dick, bigger than his fucking obelisk.

Well, how many people do you know from 3000 years ago? Even if he died, his memory and his name will live on forever, he achieved immortality in the only physically possible way, that's enough accomplishment for one man.

Are you just being edgy or did you already accept that you are worthless and will never be remembered for anything?

Let me guess you're Canadian

Yeah, but he's still dead. He didn't achieve an immortal life.

It doesn't matter if someone still talks about you when you're dead, because you can't hear it or see it.

Same with the Chinese dude who had his people build him an army of 8,000 clay warriors, in the end it didn't give him an eternal existence and it definitely doesn't "protect" him in the """afterlife""". People were so naive.

>Ramses II
>Not something special

Are you retarded?

We're still talking about them thousands of years later. If you don't think that's worth something, I pity your nihilist point of view. Being fedora is no road to happiness.

What gave it away?

>Literally, how is it even possible to be that fucking narcissistic and egotistical?
>People were so fucking stupid back then.

I just think that none of it matters.

I don't wanna live forever through my 5000 year old statues, I wanna live forever for real, but that is impossible.

Wait.. so you're saying Trump is Egyptian? But he's white???

He's a person of color.

Orange?

haha that's the joke, yes ;)

You are fucking retarded if you think he did anything special except for building statues and shit.

Kadesh for example, great victory for Egypt right?

Let me guess, you're a roach?

Okay, what about Akhenaten?

Can we all agree that he is the GOAT.

Tell me why he is so great. Yeah he built many things but who the fuck did not? He achieved only minor to middle tier victories, lost his shit at Kadesh and that was his only huge battle because he really fucked up and was just lucky. Spent almost entire life battling for Syria and then destroyed Nubians - like who couldnt rape those.

Yep, definitely a buttmad roach.

Go fuck yourself, kid.

Best way to keep you busy is to lick his ass till you dizzy. Rimfag

>how is it even possible to be that fucking narcissistic and egotistical?

Amenhotep IV got high as fuck and became Akhenaten and try to make Egypt worship him as his own OC Sungod and fucked over the traditional pantheon.

So there's a limit of how egotistical and narcissistic a Pharaoh could be.

According to his religion he exactly achieved an immortal life as a god

Through his statues and name, and through the attention you've given him, he has achieved immortality.

Your nigger-tier lack of foresight or higher purpose. Your inability to see the value of power. Your false sense of superiority ironically entwined into a blatantly moronic statement.

No he was made fun by other kings

/thread
except that it's more than 4000.

Wrong board, you infantile racist turd.

>like who couldnt rape those.
Egypt.

I thought we all knew about the Nubian kangs of Egypt by now.

>you ll never float in the sky like ramses and admire your portrait on egyptian bills from above

>thinks 3,000 years is a long time

You've got a small frame of time and are delusional to think anyone now will be relevant a billion, trillion, quadrillion, etc. years from now

He thought of himself was a god.

haha good one friend

Even if he's dead, his name lives in not only in the form of his statues but also in that British chef who fixes failing restaurants by saying fuck a lot.
So he's pretty much achieved immortality. The only person from the modern era who comes close is Carl Sagan who sent his dick pics into space on Voyager 2.

egyptians believed each person had 7 souls, and pharaos got the double of that. I guess he wanted to place his ka, ba and ren next to him

He might be in heaven, pleased with his accomplishments which inspired generations.

This was during the pre-internet/tv/print ages. When you're a Monarch, bitches need reminding who their boss nigga was.

the voyager probes will long outlive anything created on Earth.

Whether any other living being ever sees them again is another story, but in terms of "a personalized dust mote drifting aimlessly in the cosmos" it will surely take the cake for longest lasting and most enduring symbol of humanity's existence.

he was giving the middle finger to the nubians

each statue has carvings below the feet of different people he had subjugated, like assyrians, libyans, nubians, etc

the aten owns

Everyone today lives their lives around imaginary constructs too, and it would look just as absurd to Ancient Egyptians as their lives look to us.

Secular notions of right and wrong they can't justify, money, democracy, humanism, etc.

These may as well be gods, we don't really treat them differently. The spirit of this age would look exactly as strange to them, (I'm not trying to be edgy and say I don't believe in at least some of these too).

Ramses and the other pharaohs probably weren't madmen, all of them but maybe they thought if people remembered them through monuments would help them in the imaginary afterlife.

>egyptians believed each person had 7 souls, and pharaos got the double of that. I guess he wanted to place his ka, ba and ren next to him
That actually makes a lot of sense.

You're mistaking us for Americans, bro.

>giving a fuck about non-human timescales.

Visibly not since he nailed you.

still it makes more sense to believe in money than in ordinary humans being gods on earth

not to mention everyone building them statues and shit for no reason lmao