BTC/ETH

Based on your calculations, which one will crash first?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HaUFmW0f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My supercomputer has calculated 100% chance of Eth crashing and 0% chance of Bitcoin crashing.

Eth is a scam

They seem to be trying really hard to crash BTC, by the way they're acting. It's still there though. Being first has it's perks.

low quality fud
high quality fud

Why does everything needs to crash?

I just had a dream where eth was at 350

They copy each other. Both crash and rise in tandem.

On August 1st, BTC will have a huge "correction", money will pour into ETH, LTC and XMR.

You better screen cap this shit

Was about to say this. user is not joking. Read about BIP 148.

tl;dr - Bitcoin will either have a soft fork (to activate segwit, bigger blocks in order to scale the tech) or bitcoin will be divided into "old" bitcoin (the one you use now) and a new chain. Very dark times will be ahead of us. If I was you, I'd go 100% to alts or I wouldn't trade Bitcoin prior to the 1st up until shit calms down (1 week - 1 month)

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM ON A COLD WALLET

I've been holding bitcoin since 2012, sold half for ETH in September last year. Over the last couple of months I've put some of my remaining BTC into ICOs, but yesterday I put the rest into ETH, because I don't want to get fucked over by a possible fork.

If Bitcoin gets its shit together I might buy back in, but for now I'm steering clear.

here is my calculations:
pastebin.com/HaUFmW0f

Lol @ 50% when the bar is at 75%

66%

I would yank everything out of exchanges too. When shit gets volitile they'll be a run on the exchange like a run on the banks. Those without capital will fail

yea I fucked that up

Totally agree with you guys. I think I'm going on the XMR ETH and maybe XRP boat. XMR has held its value, even grown, even without an ICO or anything. They went up like bitcoin went up - because people actually wanted to buy it.

ETH is in the same spot btc was the first time it got into triple digits.

All hype, no substance

It will crash and take much of the alt market with it. I don't no know when, but that's how it's going down.

Bonus points for Lord vitalik coming up with some more crazy centralization memes to hold on to his wealth

I read that the soft fork will take months to finish if it's done (the rest of the year) and that bitcoiners can't sell/buy coins during it or else they risk losing them.

I don't think it'll be months. If the Soft Fork goes as the community expects it to go, and there's not a split in the chain, we'll be back in business in no time. If the chain split does happen, then yes, it may take a while. But months? I doubt it.

or maybe BTC will crash and bring ETH down with him

ETH moves in lock-step with BTC, just look at the fucking charts for the last two dips. Like a 0.99 correlation.

>ETH
>crashing
Pick only one

Isnt the question when the crash will happen? Not if?

We cant keep making record gains forever. The party will be over eventually.

Yeah, you doubt it. That's why all the problems bitcoin had in the past were solved in two days.

This is true

ETH have problem with gas and fees, now a contract cost 8$, if they don't fix it, will crash, also Putin hands...

Yeah no, when 95% support is signaled for segwit it activates immediately, the code for it is already there if you signal

are you fudding

How can we destroy bitcoins reputation so ethereum takes over? Let's put our thinking caps on guise.

We don't need to do anything. Bitcoin is already self-destructing.

So the smart thing would be to move away from btc in a months time? If btc gets hit hard, will the other coins drop with it? Just thinking about where to move btc to. Thinking eth.

I am really spooked about Putin and Vitalik playing some game together.. It could be the scam of the century.

I don't know guys. I want to pump more money into the meme economy but my brain says 'no'.

Putin won't steer us wrong

Lel yeah..

Yup, I'd say so. As always, don't risk more than you're willing to lose.

Tell me more western media bs you've eaten this week. You do know that Russia has been spending a lot of money and resources on crypto, right? The West doesn't give a shit about cryptos, while Russia and the chinks are totally getting on board. This is like the moon race, but the US is not in it yet.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Fpbp

>tfw nocoiner and just want either of them to crash so you can get in on the dip

>Implying you need a dip

BTC will be worth 10k

>citation needed

That's the worst part. Keep eating your fake news bs cunt. Keep telling yourself the US is helping out the world by "keeping the middle east safe", by putting military weapons all around the world to attack Russia.

this

Any retard can look at the trend and see that both BTC/ETH have gone parabolic and there WILL be a correction at some point in the near future.

Yeah, I could just invest and HODL and I'd still make money because the net trend it still going o be upwards, but it makes more sense to wait for the dip

ETH, once this round of ICO buy in with ETH only is done, the buying pressure for it will fall.. but it will eventually surpass the price it has been lately, but not as soon as most are thinking

SAME. ETH COINS DISTRIBUTION ITS FUCKING PATHETIC.

Anons please help

Do I wait until before or after the split to buy ETH? I want to make it my primary investment but I don't want to get fucked by this

The most likely scenario is a downward trend forming towards the end of July. You should probably want to start to liquidate your btc position in the beginning of July.

Can someone give me an ELI5 of how to invest in Ethereum (is it still worth it at this point?)? I want to join the party before it gets too expensive.

BTC = bitcoin blockchain is used to track ownership of digital currency (bitcoins ONLY)

ETH = Ethereum blockchain focuses on running the programming code of ANY decentralized application.

The Ethereum blockchain focuses on running the programming code of any decentralized application.

Both will survive but BTC will be the foundation of digital currency and ETH can piggy back on anything.

Because that's what crypto does.

This guy fucks

What makes you think there'll be a downward trend come July-Aug? Will it go back up?

I can't tell who is a bitcuck shill, who is sock puppeting as a bitcuck shill, who is just shilling for maximum volatility to create panic dips for them to buy, who is a nocoining faggot

There are at least a few smug ETH hodlers in here though

Maybe some of you guys will like my strategy.
I thought BTC was going to crash during the last dip few days ago. I saw it coming when it went 2900 - 2600. I thought it was going to dip harder so I pulled money out of my short shitcoins to gain quick money and now I have cash.

I was waiting for the massive correction so I can buy bitcoin cheap. But it is stable right now. I have a feeling once it hits 3000 it will go on like nothing or correct itself and there will be a panic. EVERYTHING will go red. After a day or 12 hours watching it just go to hell That is where I go in and buy a lot of my coins up I have been looking at.

The last big dip I saw everything 25%-60% discounted. It was beautiful.

My question is do you see a "correction" coming soon? I do because everything is green. It can not keep going up. It has to dip soon.

Dude, the UASF. Do your homework if you play with money faggot

A lot of news on BIP148 will start to appear. People will start to panic. People have butter hands. People will sell.

>My question is do you see a "correction" coming soon? I do because everything is green.

In a normal stock, I'd say yes. On cryptos, I'm not sure.

Yeah but if it dips from 4k down to 3500 you still lost. Leave timing the market to the bots and hodl strong

BTC
>WILL
>NEVER
>CRASH

>WILL NEVER DIP BELOW 2500USD
>EVER
>NOW IS THE CHEAPEST YOU WILL EVER BE ABLE TO BUY
>HOLY FUCK RESEARCH

I don't play with my money, but I plan on it and that's why I ask questions like this. See my previous post (which no one has answered yet :( ):

But why would the fork for btc affect eth?

Research dividen bearing ETH
Get in early but youll need good capital

Look at the history of bitcoin price and eth price. you'll see that they're pretty well correlated. When btc goes up, eth goes up. and the opposite.

Ehhhh.. Corrections are healthy and are needed. I never really say crash just a "correction" Look we have a lot of dumb money being pushed, emotional money. So yes people will fucking panic like crazy. The last big dip I made about 1k after everything recovered in a day or two. Will it crash? No. Will it correct / dip. Yes. It is a matter of when?

I think you are right about the 3500 that does make a lot of sense. It went from 1900 to 2000 really easy. I have a few grand ready to buy once it dips. But 3000 is hard to get by. If it does not do dip at 3100 3000. I will just put the money in the bank. I gained some money and I am pretty happy. Not going to be rich but better vs sitting there doing nothing.

Thanks for that bip148. I just finished reading it. Yeah that is going to fuck everything up. Few months everything is going to go higher. Now I am curious if people will shift their money in ETH because BTC is going to hell for a little bit. How fast will it go up again?

I will NOT shift my BTC. Thr best thing to do is to hold it in an offline wallet. Then, once one chain succeeds over the other you can use that one. If you move it to ETH and then want to move it back before the rise you will need to choose one chain - and might lose big

I just did more reading on it. Holy shit. That is going to make EVERYTHING tank in the red for a few days or a week. Oh my god. Once BTC goes down. Everything goes down. They can even release it sooner than Aug 1st. That blows my mind thinking about it.

So I am a little bit confused here. So there will be just one bitcoin still. But it will dip in a panic. That is promised so pull your money out of BTC and put it back in?

I'm already 0% into bitcoin. I have a few shitcoins, but my main € is on XMR and ETH.

Expensive.

This isn't stock. You can buy fractional units of crypto.

There is much less barrier to entry.

>Get in early but youll need good capital

Can't I just buy a single ETH coin and watch it explode? Even if it doesn't, I'll probably still get a few bucks out of it at the end of the day?

>So there will be just one bitcoin still. But it will dip in a panic.

No, you got it wrong. There are 2 scenarios - either bitcoin evolves into segwit/bigger blocks altogether, or it'll split. In the first scenario, there'll be a few people panic selling, and then a BIG ASS FUCKING CANDLE, look at LTC when it activated segwit. Otherwise, panic sell, and when the split arrives, panic sell even more.

NONETHELESS DO NOT DO ANY BITCOIN TRANSACTION ON THE 1ST UP UNTIL EVERYTHING IS AIGHT

Okay.

So here we have two chains of bitcoins.
OLD CHAIN NEW CHAIN
They are getting rid of the old chain and we have the new chain. That is the part that is confusing . And those stuck in the old chain will go down hill? I am having some trouble understand. Can you simplify it for me please?

The new chain will be a mirror of the first. You'll have 1 new btc and 1 old bitcoin. They will run in paralel. It'll be like ETC/ETH. Research it

Ahh thank you for typing that out for me. I am going to repeat what you said in my own way so you know I understand.

#1 - BTC transforms in to SEGWIT and becomes bigger
-or-
#2 - BTC goes for a split

Either way people will be panic selling and there will be stalkers ready to snatch it all up once it does dip like crazy.

My next question is why is it a OR statement? Either it goes segwit or splits? That is the part I am confused.

Because of the thing that could happen on August 1 I ended up not buying cryptocurrency. Not worth the risk if BTC goes down a lot of other cryptocurrencies will probably go down harder.

>This isn't stock. You can buy fractional units of crypto.

So I could ignore what said about needing capital and just do ?

That's correct. panic sell before is guaranteed. And yes, iron hands will be there to catch all the sweet coins. I'm not that crazy though. Well, maybe if a see something I can't refuse.

Yes, it's an OR statement. Either people want to scale bitcoin, or those that want to scale will simply create a new coin, basically, leaving the old bitcoin as is, but obviously, with less miners/users. It's a double edged sword, both will be fucked, just like Ethereum was after the split. But it can go back up, again, just like eth.

Still a longs way to go. Cryptos are still going up 100%, 50% everyday.

This is why I'm waiting for my last bank deposit to clear so I can withdraw the money I stuck on the exchange. I don't care if they have FDIC insurance, they will probably use some sort of bs if push comes to shove so they don't have to give me the money back.

Yes. But the real money is in diversifying. But yeah ETH will increase in the long run.

Im a noob, convince me to sell my ETH?

That's what I'm hoping for senpai. Once I make some more cash I'll pour some more in. I just need a small sum to get my foot in the door first.

Eth is most likely to crash when people realise smart contracts are a meme

in 5 days, don't worry.

What happens in 5 days?

I I don't think ETH is safe either, and I own 120.

When BTC goes down, it will go down along with it. That's why you put your money into fiat or usdt in late July and wait for the crash. If no crash happens, you'll potentially miss out on some gains, but if a crash does happen, you will be there to suck all the coins up cheap with your fiat.

You need to sell your ETH because you can't handle being rich, you would just spend it on stupid things and then feel worse than you would if you were always poor.

As far as I know, there is nothing currently on the market that is able to provide the same sort of trust as smart contracts. Anyone can say "look, we're open source! you know our code is safe" and then run completely different code on their servers without you ever realizing it. Smart contracts will let autists verify exactly what code is being run on the contract.

For a new ETH investor, what would be the best option given that it all crashes on Aug 1: buy now and try to get something out of it before it goes to shit, or wait 'til Aug 1 and suck up all the coins for cheap?

>muh ether tokens!

To quote Warren Buffett: the market is an instrument for transferring money between those who are impatient to those who are patient.

No one can even agree on what % of people are supporting the USAF. If segwit comes out before or it doesn't actually go through for some reason, crypto could skyrocket as people regain confidence. Or if the USAF does indeed happen, no one knows whether money with flee to ETH or to fiat.

My prediction:
BTC fluctuates between 2500 and 3000 for the next two months, with a dip before August 1st. Segwit activated, and then BTC greens big and hits 10,000 before end of year. ETH mirrors BTC, stays around 0.1, with a bump before Aug 1st, and then crashes sometime after when some big security flaw is revealed.

Thoughts?

It's certainly feasible. I think that BTC will get a lot higher than 3000 before then though. Probably the 4K range.

I suppose you think since ETH had a security problem before, that it will have another one. I think it's more likely that another technology comes along and starts to really compete with it.

on which coin would you diversify after?

also how can i detect a dip in the chart? should i put the chart in a 1 month? 3 months? 24 hs?

ETH did not have a security problem. This is equivalent to saying the internet has a security problem because an application running on it had a security problem.

Hm. Is there anything to lose on just buying in now then?

I have no idea, crypto is volatile and risky as fuck in general. I'm all in though.

IMO 3k is the current psychological ceiling, and if we break 3k we'll see a rapid rise after. I feel like the climate right now is too uncertain for btc to break 3k soon.

Regarding other currencies breaking out, I think we may see another currency become used for day-to-day transaction, but BTC will still be the king in terms of store of value.

What mobile apps do you guys use to check in on your shares? I want to be able to pull out at a moment's notice if things start going whacky

Irrelevant.

Short term crash is meaningless when we will soon be driving lambos to the moon.

>Based on your calculations, which one will crash first?

>calculations

kys

Blockfolio