Buy the Rumor, Sell the News: DGB Edition

>See DGB is going to have big news in a few weeks
>Buy DGB
>Sell day before news at what is obviously the peak
>Plan to buy back in when it hits the bottom

Buy the rumor, sell the news.

How the FUCK does Veeky Forums not understand this very, VERY fundamental principle of investing and trading?

Easiest trade I ever did in my life.

The time to buy and sell DGB was LAID OUT IN FRONT OF YOU FOR WEEKS. IT WAS SO GODDAMN OBVIOUS. HOW DID ANY OF YOU FUCK UP THE "SELL" PART??

This was one of the few opportunities you had to profit off of skill and common sense with little luck involved and most of you fucked it up.

Rumors will start to spread after the contest...

Because it's still a gamble, where the news successful it might have blew up even more and you'd lose money if you took out early. Congrats though.

What do you mean?

Yeah, I'll buy back in after things cool down.

I actually left a little bit in in case this happens. I realized that if DGB had actually won the contest or something it would have shot up to like 3500 sats so there is that possibility.

But it was basically gambling at that point.

but the volume is still growing like crazy! am i missing something?

>He didn't saw the Digusign presentation of the Citibank T4IChallenge today
You're not even aware why is everyone already spelling doom for Digibyte? it was a flaming mess

I'll be honest here. I didn't do my research and find out where the company was. Assumed it was in Ameri-lands. As you can see I'm here, but a fat lot of good that does right?

Contest, not company.

The volume growing indicates movement in the market....what you're missing is that today a bunch of people are selling, not buying.

Honestly I'd wait for it to cool off and all the people looking for quick profits take their money away to another coin over the next few days, then I'd buy back in at the bottom of that and hold.

It might only be around 1750 or so since that's where support was last time. But it might be 1600 or even lower so I really think it's best to wait. Relax, it's not gonna shoot up 80% overnight or anything for quite a while so you've got plenty of time to let the water settle before buying back in.

I'm just saying that as someone who normally just holds and doesn't day trade....This was an easy, predictable trade that you all should have seen a mile away.

Sell the day before big news comes out or as it's about to come out.

Buy in a few days later.

This is easy. For anyone uncertain about this, go ask every holder of POTcoin how money they made on 4/20. That was another plain and simple "buy the rumor, sell the news".

>You're not even aware why is everyone already spelling doom for Digibyte? it was a flaming mess

Ffs, this is exactly what I said.
RUMORS!
Now look at the price of DGB, buy the dip and thank me later for those damn tasty 15% you will get in a couple of hours when everything cools down and you can sell the stuff you bought at 1850 for 2100.

Here, if you want to thank me later for this glorious advise:
1CQF625V4t7b8tCLcSbzK4rhmp3L6g1Kyq

Day trading is degenerate and I've made a lot more money in crypto than you fags by just buying and hodling coins.

Yeah rumors that its run by idiots.

I still have yet to hear what is on the horizon that will cause anyone to buy in.

You seriously should have done your research, the fact that you didnt even know what country it was in tells me you didn't know anything about it. I did all the resrarch I could on Digibytes and the competition, and it helped immensely.

The real digi shoah begins at 1650, not touching it until it rebounds or falls through.

Other way around my friend on denial that's the news, don't worry i will be sure to send you some chump change since i already pity you

>Day trading is degenerate
>i CANT MAKE MONEY DOING IT THEREFORE I WILL SPOUT /pol/ BUZZWORDS AT IT

As someone who's new and hasn't invested yet I'm glad to learn from this.

Thank you OP.

My stoploss kicked in at 2020 and Im green. Not even holding DGB right now - but I will buy back in, as soon as it hits 1900 again.

>Sell day before news at what is obviously the peak
This is wrong tho.
If DGB was announced as clear winner of competition the price would have skyrocketed and you would have lost money.

Yep. Ass out of me is how it goes for assuming.

I don't normally day-trade. I buy and hold. But this was just too easy to spot.

I'm doubling up if it hits 1801

Yeah but that's gambling and I have PredictIt for that 50/50 "get rich or lose it all" kind of trading. The whales literally always sell just before big news comes out so it's best to just follow what they do. But I kept a little bit in just in case.

That's why I did research and while everyone on Veeky Forums reddit and bitcointalk was wondering when the awards would be announced, if they were when aware there would be even be awards, I was ready to sell the minute they announced that the winners. Sure I didn't sell at 2300, but I got out before the sell off started today

I bought in as 22k. Not selling till 40k.

So did you buy?

>Day trading is degenerate
That's also the way they talked about my hanging around the high school, but I didn't let it stop me then, either.

If you're referring to the white background and black text, that was only one slide you idiot

i'll buy bags at 1300. should be just in time for my transfer to show up in coinbase.