Thank You Veeky Forums

I'm a jobless student that invested £35 in crypto back in January and thanks to you guys I just cashed out £180 from localbitcoins.
I know my gains would probably increase if I holded but I've made way more than I ever expected to and I've decided to quit while I'm ahead and treat myself to my first pair of "good" headphones with the money instead.
Thanks again Veeky Forums for being a board that actually gives back. I started off knowing nothing about trading and I know it's probably 75% luck that got me through, but you guys told me to invest in DGB and RDD which ended up being great decisions.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good job now follow Romano on twitter to buy a Lambo

>unemployed NEET makes $200 dollars in crypto
>buys fucking headphones with the money
No wonder you are poor.
I'm not being mean, dude. But shouldn't you think your life decisions over?

SEE YOU AT 100k PER BTC FAGGOT

what is his handle?

I'm not poor, I just don't have a job because I'm a student.
I never saw crypto as a way to actually get rich or as a source of income, it was just a fun game that could also earn me a few extra pounds.
Now I've exited the game and done well I might as well treat myself to something nice.

congratulations you made 1 days worth of wages in 6 months

T...thanks user.
Yeah, I know it's pocket change to most people but I still feel accomplished because I started with so little.
Learning about trading, having the thrill of your investment increasing and effectively getting paid to read Veeky Forums shill threads was worth it though.

let me tell you something. If you changed 35 into 180 in 6 month, it was not luck. it was like reverse-chance.
Chance would be more like a thousand.
Skill more like 5-10 thousands.

You should have put that money into bitcoin or ethererum and forgotten about it for 5 years. Maybe then you could afford some decent speaks amount other things. Congrats on not seeing farther than your nose OP

How do I learn those skills?

man, i made 200$ in a day - just moving stock knowledge over and going at 10x speed. enjoy your headphones user

This Please. I want to live off of my gains one day.

>I just don't have a job because I'm a student.

so you're poor?

and in debt?

Research and lurking. You'll get where you can predict shit. Set a target when you buy. Day trading is risky, but setting a target you expect will happen will ensure you don't lose money. A few examples.

I bought SNY back during a crash down from 35 to 25 a share (trends hadn't shown it drop below 25 so the ATL was exciting). I knew a new console and new camera tech was coming out but the when was scary. SNY dipped all the way down to 11 bucks (which would have been a better buy). Well, it recovered back to 35 after a while and flipped it.

AMD - bought at 2 bucks and sold it yesterday for 14. I would have held, but the bitshit normies buying all the cards combined with their quarterly reports makes it so I want to get out. I don't think they'll meet demand, even though their new CPU architecture is great.

DGB - bought yesterday for 1900 and sold at ATH because there was only a small window for quick returns (it's a shit coin).

Coins are like hyperspeed stocks. Research their developers, practical application, appeal to consumers. Read news, learn to identify memes and either play risky or buy to hodl. For me, my coin portfolio is mostly just coins I find interesting from a practical stand point. If you don't love the coin, don't buy it unless you think you can short.

This is solid advice, thanks user. If you don't mind divulging, what coins do you think are good for the long hold? I'm 90% in ETH and 10% in ARK

I wanna be like you one day, user.

What do you use for stocks? Robinhood?

I've seen your story several times by far too many people with several variations, always along the lines of
>"I bought 10 dollars of bitcoin back when it was first introduced"
>"Sold for 20 and treated me to a meal because its never going anywhere lmao"
>Years go by
>"OMG if i just held the thing i would be a gazellonaire now!!!"
It never fails to make me laugh, all of those idiots will have to live with that regret until they die

How can you profit off a coin you know is a shitcoin but people believe will moon? What if your sell order is just a little bit too high?

You can chose to not believe me if you want but I honestly don't care about making massive gains or becoming rich.
Sure, the thought of waking up to a million overnight sounds great, but it wouldn't give me any long term happiness.
I've had my fun with crypto and now cashed out, and that's good enough for me.
If I were to get rich I'd want it to be through doing something that actually contributes to society, rather than just "I moved some numbers around on a screen for a few years and now I have enough money to sit at home doing fuck all".
Not saying there's anything wrong if you want to go that route, but that's not how I feel, and I never invested in crypto with that goal.

ETH is obviously a good choice for now. Curious how november POS will effect it, but it's got mass adoption and it's stupid not to hold onto at this point.

ARK is a good choice for long term hold. Good project and interesting proof of stake mechanism. Not enough Proof of stake on exchange, so interesting watching volume decrease as long-term holders pull out to vote.

I like SIA's project and think I think the price is still right for getting in. It may not take off, and performance is going to be a big indicator.

BAT had potential in theory, but turned out to be a huge bust. Without max buy-in, no one will use Brave and the project won't work.200 people got into the ICO. That's hardly enough for adoption. I do wonder how it will perform with Google JUST announcing a similar advertising platform.

My favorite that I don't own is LibraryCredits because it just won't stop slowly going up and as a content publisher I think it's an interesting idea.

All of these are speculative though. Adoption and use cases are going to make or break them. WAVES, STEEM seem decent - but I'm not in to buy them at their current price. There's a lot of good projects out there.

Well, anything above the buy is profit. Watch the charts if you're playing that game. I don't like flipping on Veeky Forumsraelis but people were telling DGB kids to pull out for the past week and none did. They rode the hype rumor for CITIBANK and it burned them. Hopefully valuable. DGB may take off some day and I'll have a laugh, but just selling for more than you bought typically means profit - yeah? If you want to keep it simple and account for fees.

on a meeting so lots of shit missing, kind of abstract sort of typing. affect not effect. etc fml kms

good for you user, its better to get out early than be a bagholder

crypto corrupts you, i cannot stop checking my blockfolio app every hour, wondering if i should sell, or buy more of a certain coin, if quiting gives you peace of mind, then its a good decision

im personally not stopping untill i can retire comfortable, i hate working so much, i hate working 8 hours a day and MAYBE have a two day weekend

>DGB
To be fair most of them can still realize 300% gains if they sell at current price.

wow, aren't you a fucking saint
if you want to contribute to society, get a damn job
being a student contributes nothing to the society, you only do that after you apply your learned skills, which you obviously will never do because you're one dumb motherfucker

What's happening in November?

Kek, I love how a thread trying to thank Veeky Forums ends up triggering half of you more than when I actually try to shitpost.

Thanks user, you're right, crypto is fine if you have the mentality of holding whatever happens, but once you want to start exchanging or cashing out it becomes stressful.
I wish you the best of luck though, crypto is certainly going to increase in value, I personally just wanted to secure my gains and get some peace of mind.

They're moving to a proof of stake model.
Proof of work is mining based on electricity.
Proof of stake is sort of like what ARK has - but Vitalik is trying to push Casper.

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ

No you're just a self-righteous asshole. Neck yourself faggot

Don't fucking sell RDD

hold onto RDD until the release!!!
its going to hit 2K sat

If giving my own personal reasons to explain why I chose to sell out instead of "holding for the moon bro xddd" makes me a self-righteous asshole then alright.
Maybe all the assholes are the people that can't comprehend you can invest small amounts into crypto for fun without dedicating your life to it, and then come here telling me that I'm going to regret my decision until I die and that I need to re-evaluate my life.

No, it's literal pocket change.

It's one day's wages if you're not a retard pulling min wage.

The thing that really gets me is that you clearly see the effect of compounding; why would you quit just as you're getting to the point where you can passively earn income, and watch your $200 turn into $20,000?

Simply asinine. is right, this is absolutely why you're poor. Bull market be damned, you have the chance to buy in on the next google @ $10 per share, and you're opting to get a trash pair of headphones instead for some reason.

I hope you realize your mistake before it's too late.

>you can passively earn income
What are you talking about? How are cryptos supposed to earn (passively, at that) anything?

user these
Their insults aside I do hope you become more ambitious, people are making life changing sums here. In your shoes I'd be quite stressed about missing out (I wonder if this is a serious post desu)

I appreciate your concern, but like I said in previous posts, crypto was just a bit of fun for me (evident by the fact I invested so little in the first place).
I don't care about being rich, I care about being happy and the two don't necessarily correlate.
The thought of having to constantly keep track of "life changing sums" stresses me out more than the fact that I'm missing out anyway.
This post has spiralled way out of control of what it was meant to be, I just wanted to thank the people who post here for giving good investment advice, not to be criticised for how I'm treating crypto.