Why are the 1950's in America considered so highly today in comparison to previous decades...

Why are the 1950's in America considered so highly today in comparison to previous decades? Is it because of all the cold war pro-US propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

realjewnews.com/?p=50
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/04/why-immigration-reform-is-a-jewish-issue/430806/
forward.com/news/179296/jews-unite-behind-push-for-immigration-reform/
youtube.com/watch?v=0FFtht9k87k
vimeo.com/200672866
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You called?

>Is it because of all the cold war pro-US propaganda?
Yes

I don't even see it regarded so highly except by old people who lived then due to nostalgia goggles. People in the future will be saying how great these times were compared to the future.

>shit keeps getting worse
>Nah brah, it's just nostalgia

>yeah bro don't you know the 50s were a hellish dystopian shithole don't you know nobody actually enjoyed living in comfy suburbs with 2.5 children a dog and a ditzy wife content with just making a warm deal hahaha don't you know leave it beaver was a complete fiction and wasn't a highly relatable representative of the ideals of the decade hahaha everyone hated the 50s it was pure hell don't you know the best decades were actually the 60s and 70s lmao

When I said previous decades I meant 40's, 30's, 20's, etc

But user, RACISM AND SEXISM.

It was cool moment where classical liberalism, progressivism and social conservatism combined to create a neat American nation with strong since of identity, unity, traditions but at the same time optimistically looking towards the future. The maymay of the 60s ended that and things have been downhill ever since.

>communist jews behind race mix

He's not wrong, you literally would not have civil rights without jewish lawyers.

>he believes in an idealized past AND is a dumb frogposter

nah you're just a racist stupid redneck

this is pretty much how everything has worked since 1920

here's my extremely scientific chart

>look up civil rights supreme court case
>"the case brought forth by Goldberg"

>look up immigration reform
>more jewsih lawyers

Go look up all of the civil rights and massive immigration reforms, it's literally all jewish lawyers trying to spite whitey

He's right you know

This, plus a shit ton of money and a great economy after world war 2 during a time when all the other leading nations were physically in shambles.

Also, the thing about is that you have to remember people were just like us. There were abusive parents, drug abuse, corrupt cops and law enforcement, racial strife, restricted ideological pursuit and development, and plenty of other negatives. Both the side that says it was perfect and the side that says it was hell need to reach a compromise already. If you were with the majority of Americans, you lived in a prosperous and well-funded society that allowed you to be very happy, but obviously nobody was maintaining some Leave It To Beaver facade unless things were going really bad for them.

Things like hate and anger still persisted. I'm not even trying to say that these things were bad, just that they were there. Sometimes, dad would come home and yell his fucking lungs out about something. Maybe it was his boss, maybe it was the Jews. The people living in the ideal American society were the same people picketing against race-mixing. They didn't think they were living in a utopia, they thought they were still in a very flawed society that needed to change. When you think that way, you're not always going to be happy.

>rich people have rich people jobs
Wow who would have guessed.

White people were rich lawyers too but you won't find many white lawyer in any of the civil rights or immigration reforms cases of the 60's. Counting by lawyers for those "reforms" each case would probably be like 85% jew and that's being conservative

Or we could just quote the actual jews who destroyed the white only immigration to the US in 1965

>Senator Jacob Javits played a prominent role in the Senate hearings on the 1965 bill. Javits authored an article entitled ‘Let’s open the gates’ that proposed immigration levels of 500,000 per year for 20 years with no restrictions on national origin.

OR, we could just look at what's going on today in the current years

>Why Immigration Reform Is A Jewish Issue

lol

>realjewnews.com/?p=50

lol

Jews always want nonwhite immigration to white countries but in israel they always want jew only immigration. how do you not see this double standard

Forgot my links lol

>Why Immigration Reform Is A Jewish Issue

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/04/why-immigration-reform-is-a-jewish-issue/430806/

>Jews Unite Behind Push for Immigration Reform

forward.com/news/179296/jews-unite-behind-push-for-immigration-reform/

“The more diverse American society is the safer [Jews] are,” Glickman told the Forward.

>a minority has a vested interest in making minorities more accepted
Wow

literally moving that goalpost buddy

Post-WW2 euphoria. You have millions of young men coming home from filthy trenches in Europe, looking to start families and start businesses. Many of these young men became the first people in their family to ever go to university because the GI bill. Wartime rationing finally was over and the immense manufacturing plants that had been consumed with the war were suddenly turned towards producing commercial products for consumers. Combine all that with strong social programs left over from the New Deal, and the end result was a feeling of abundance and opportunity never possible before at any point in history.

>TL:DR everybody was just really damn happy the war was finally over

damn 50s woke af

Which is precisely why multiculturalism just doesn't work!
:3

Here's a neat little question why would you care if some Jewish people helped with getting equal rights for other minority's? Or is that part of the evil conspiracy to bring da white man down?

> nobody actually enjoyed living in comfy suburbs with 2.5 children a dog and a ditzy wife

How about your "ditzy wife" who only married you because it was the only socially acceptable way to leave her parent's house and only acts content while you're around for fear of being beaten

How about your neighbor who secretly hates having to live under constant, ultra-conformist scrutiny, but does so anyway for fear of being called a communist

How about the black janitor at your work who was denied entrance to university despite his excellent grades, denied a housing loan despite his outstanding credit, and denied a union-protected job despite his qualifications because of his skin color?

How about your older kid who has to be constantly aware of the fact that he'll be in the first crop of the draft when the seemingly inevitable nuclear war with the USSR begins?

How about your younger kid who might be forcibly institutionalized because another kid at school called him a "faggot" and the rumor spread that he was gay, regardless of whether or not it's actually true

But sure, yeah, the fifties were a grand old time.

>I should feel bad because others feel bad
Hah.

See this is the thing, having nostalgia for any other decade is acceptable while people seem to be working over time to paint the 50s as way worse than it actually was, it's unique in that way for whatever reason.

All of these are issues that effect a small portion of the population.

I bet you are one of those who'd cry the loudest once it hits you

>other people should feel bad because I feel bad
Are you a woman or something?

I can do any decade. This thread is about the 1950s
Hmm, let's see
>Women
50% of the population right there
>Non conformists
No data, obviously, but probably higher than you think
>African Americans
10% of the population in the 1950s
>Men of serviceable age
Pretty significant chunk of the male population
>Gays/People accused of homosexuality
Former is usually around 10-15% of the population. Latter isn't calculable but literally anyone is vulnerable to it

The 1950's was actually pretty dystopian, with millions of vets with hidden PTSD living in a shallow, materialistic proto-consumerist society trying to process the brutality of their 20's who were transferring their insecurities and nightmares onto their kids who became hippies and destroyed Western civilization

Well I suppose if you take the viewpoint of a narsissistic toddler, yeah i guess it must've been pretty great

Go be a woman somewhere else, sweetie.

>I can do any decade. This thread is about the 1950s

Come on buddy you and I both know it's politically correct to paint literally any decade in a positive light except for the 1950s.

Not right now, kiddo, mommy's talking to grown-ups

>still retarded as an adult
Guess that's what you'd expect.

No, I didn't know that, please explain

>How about your "ditzy wife" who only married you because it was the only socially acceptable way to leave her parent's house
The alternative to this in the modern world is an ever increasing number of single pissed off men and barren older women. Not sure that what we have now is all that better.

>and only acts content while you're around for fear of being beaten
This was shitty though.

>nobody actually enjoyed living in comfy suburbs
I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned how negative a lot of the pop culture from that time actually was. Besides obviously idealized stuff like Leave it to Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet, media from the time doesn't really depict everyone as being happy. Even really well-known and popular books that depict life during/around that time like The Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar, and Revolutionary Road show the main characters as miserable. Rebel Without a Cause is all about how families are degrading and teenagers are all alienated and miserable. Hell, even I Love Lucy is mostly about Lucy being bored and frustrated as a housewife and constantly scheming up ways to do other things, like being part of her husband's struggling music career.

oh yes what a smart and sensible move on their part this is, truly i am impressed
so this is the power ... of ... the legendary jewish intellect ?

>Cherry picking subversive literature in order to make a point about the life of the average person in the fifties.

They care because they've been rejected from every other clique in their life and fart rightism is the only thing that accepts them.

It's not about facts or logic, it's about emotion and feeling "good" about yourself. That's why you will never be able to field an argument that can erode their positions, because you would first need to unmake their personality from the ground up.

The only cure for fascism is a bullet to the skull. I just can't wait until the "uprising" and le "race war" finally happens so I can put 5.56 NATO through their stupid bald heads.

>subversive literature

McCarthy detected, ex-government isn't allowed on Veeky Forums, reported.

>their stupid bald heads
I actually have long thick flowing hair sweety.
:3

Good, it'll be better stained with your brain matter.

The point is that not everyone was happy, and there's a clear trend of that idea being represented, even at the time. If someone is making an argument that the 1950s were great and everyone was happy, the people of the time saying themselves that they aren't is a pretty good indication that wasn't the case. And those are just the ones I could think of in a few seconds, plus they all feature upper or middle class white people, the group that supposedly had it great during that time.

Of course it's not proof that everyone was miserable, and it would be stupid to argue that. But it's also stupid to argue that everything was perfect and only certain kinds of people were unhappy. In reality, people were probably about as happy as they are now.

>Back then women only ever had sex with one person, women are degenerate today. Its womens fault for my lack of a girlfriend.

t. /r9k/

Some People have some weird ideas about the 50s/early60s.

Chads always existed!
youtube.com/watch?v=0FFtht9k87k

not the same guy but I notice the distinct lack of an argument

Why are anti fascist larpers always ten times as cringey as fascist larpers?

Ten bux says you never held a rifle in your life.

Because it's the last time that Americans were actually free.

>living in comfy suburbs with 2.5 children a dog and a ditzy wife

You know, all of these didn't just fall on your lap, you had to work for it. It may be that it was easier to achieve it on the 50s, but still... I highly doubt that any of the faggots posting on this site would have to drive to chase and achieve this lifestyle.

I shudder to think how social autists were treated back then. The 50s weren't exactly tolerant on the "non-normies", not to mention there was little available to relieve societal pressure.

How did poor people live back then? Was it still mostly farmers?

Guys, this is all true, but the faggots you're arguing with will never agree.

- Black people aren't humans and thus deserve no empathy
- Women are just baby machines and should only be treated as such
- gays are the scum of the earth

Literally the only reason the 50's are idealized here is that
- White men were in charge of everything
- Medicine wasn't as advanced so no sperging about vaccines and other science
- Racism was chic
- Traditional white man-centric values were in place
- Religion was still relevant

But of course, this isn't how society really is. Humans are humans and will push back against the thinly-veiled utopia that exists only for white males.

But white men are the MasterRace(tm) so they deserve everything. I'm not even uncle tomming for minorities/women, I'm just being a non-autistic rational person.

Much like what people are like off of the internet.

Apparently empathy doesn't exist here though.

It's hilarious that's the kind of response you get for merely pointing out Jewish involvement in the civil rights movement. Something most Jews are actually quite proud of.

Anti fa types are fucking hysterical.

Correct me if I am wrong but based on my cursory knowledge of the US, the 50s were pretty much the apex time to be american compared to the rest of the world. Europe was in ruins and Asia and africa were fighting violent wars.

All those large scale government reinvestments back into US infrastructure and general industrial growth must have put an increased demand through the roof.

>keeps getting worse

Socrates said the kids of his time were the worst. We don't live in times of massive invading hordes, violent crime has dropped significantly, we don't die of massive plagues, we don't live in the wild or in ramshackle cities or feudal farms, etc. we have more and more comforts than ever. Anyone who thinks we live worse than the past is a lie. Except maybe morally. And even then we had societies in the past that did shit that would never fly today. Temple prostitites, palace filled orgies, a guy making his horse a ruler, rampant assassinations, vomitoriums, gay sex being seen as alright if it was with young boys or fellow soldiers, etc. Some societies would make us look downright puritanical.

>We
And there's the operative word. Meanwhile all that shit is not only happening overseas but it's coming toward us. And now there's people that actually welcome that sort of thing and consider allowing it "inclusive".
Oh, and while they don't control the government, they control society. Still feeling comfortable?

you mean when the upper tax rate was 90% and unionized labor dominated the economy?

b-but muh Chads banging stacies and muh lack of pure virgin animu waifu !

I hate the "we're living in the worst period of time" tripe. Every time I see it I cringe so hard

Life expectancy has objectively gone up literally everywhere in the world from the 1950's. The US life expectancy back then was laughable. That should be enough to show society isn't degenerating at all.

It's not that we think everyone was happy, we just think that everyone who MATTERED was happy.
:^)

You realize there have been worse incidences than that, right? Whether it be immigrant invasions toppling Rome, Mongol hordes, a united Muslim caliphate, etc. Keep shit in perspective. The sky isn't falling, you paranoid nigger.

This image makes the conservative's brain hurt.

user, you're not thinking for even a damn second

Why are males autistic and weird these days? Because boys at school have been taught not to play rough, we've been steered away from physical pursuits into playing Game Boys and reading Harry Potter

Sure, there would have been autists in the 50s too, no doubt (Alan Turing's probably a good example, pic related) but I reckon there were far FEWER of them.

These days you have MILLIONS of males in the Western world who play video games, program computers, are into liberal politics, wear check shirts and skinny jeans, sip lattes in Starbucks, etc. They like girls, but they have no idea whether they'll ever marry or have kids - in fact many of them probably say "what's the point in marriage and kids, you only die anyway", because our current culture is so nihilistic.

Back in the 50s, many of those sorts of guys would been pulled into manufacturing jobs, farm jobs, well-to-do suit-and-tie jobs too, because those were the jobs that were going - and they would have been persuaded to have kids early, and the girls would have been well up for it too.

I wish I lived back in the 50s, I really do.

>life expectancy
Woohoo you get to look forward to dying old and decrepit and senile and functioning as a money printing machine for various physicians and hmos what an achievement.

Shit I'm 31 and you make me feel old being here. Fuck off gramps.

Except people fought back then. People are now welcoming that shit under the guise of "inclusivity" and "acceptance".

This isn't really an argument. You want to die earlier? What the hell is wrong with you? Just don't be an unhealthy fuck and you can enjoy old age. Jesus what the fuck is wrong with this place? am I having a stroke?

I know. And he rants about some immigrants. Which is an issue but it isn't worse than the past. I wish he could have lived to see the Muslim caliphates fuckkng everything nearby and invading the entire middle east and Byzantines, or when the Germanic tribes were wewuzing all over Rome and toppling it.

He thinks some terrorists and refugees are anything like some of those incidents in the past that literally changed civimization. I agree it's an issue, but worst times in history? Nah.

>wahhhh why doesn't everyone see dying at the age of 80 in a nursing home shitting themselves as a net positive mommy you lied to me Veeky Forums is nothing like Reddit!

You're not having a stroke you are literally shaking

life can't stagnate like the 50's, retard. My dad was born in '51 and his parents were fine middle class but I've asked my grandparents before and they have no desire to go back to those days, especially my grandmother.

Stop idealizing the past and go do something about your future, faggot.

>Black people aren't humans and thus deserve no empathy
It's easier to have empathy for black people when they at least attempt to emulate your culture, rather than exist as a parasitic subculture that mocks and undermines the nation it subsist off of, rather than expending the effort to carve out a nation of their own in Africa.
>- Women are just baby machines and should only be treated as such
Women are irrational and never happy, so I see no reason why society should be forced to contort itself to appeal to what they think they want, especially when what they think they want leads to the destruction of the society that landers to them.
- gays are the scum of the earth
vimeo.com/200672866

Europe will be under a caliphate in our life time.

You're doing it again
>shitting myself in a nursing home waaah
This is not representative of the population. What, do you want to die at 70 with metastic lung cancer in pain? Look, I can do it too. 70 is not old at all.

Have you even met old people? Fuck off, I don't even go on reddit

And they are retards. But so are you. Nobody forces you to accept it or not fight it. And obviously a good portion of people do not like it given the massive rise in right wing beliefs in Europe and Trump was even voted in under the belief that he would stop it. So a good portion of the population doesn't like it. Just because they don't shout deus vult and chop the head off of every Arab they see doesn't mean they aren't pushing back. Stop being retarded.

Empathy like empathy for the black bull who's sticking his dick in your girlfriend's vagina?

>I reckon there were far FEWER of them
That's just you projecting and making assumptions be le born in wrong generation. I've worked with kids a lot, and boys are still plenty rambunctious and violent. Not everyone is an autistic NEET that never leaves the house and never played rough as a kid. As many have pointed out, every generation thinks that the subsequent one is full of wusses that don't know how to live.

>I wish I lived back in the 50s, I really do.
And what about after the 50s? As an old-timey tough guy that learned life by playing mumbletypeg and red rover, do you think you'd like living through the 1960s? What about when you lose your manufacturing job in the 1970s and are left with few economic options because you've never done anything else and now your job doesn't exist?

It can be fun to romanticize the past, but don't act like your idealization of an era you never experienced is the way things actually were. Most people I knew that were alive in the 50s didn't think it was anything special.

>immigrant invasions
>immigrant
>invasions
A hearty kek.

Yes, stormcuck. Your precious German tribes were the niggers of Rome and helped destroy it. And then claimed the "holy roman empire". We wuz romans and shit.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean - THE AVERAGE JOE was FAR freer than they are today!

>unionised labour
FREE ASSOCIATION, BITCH

Much better than an autocratic government bullying the little man

This image makes the liberal's dick hard, because all he wants is for a big strong black bull to peg him from behind

>"free"
>literally banned Link Wray's "rumble" from the radio because it "sounded violent"
>it was purely instrumental

You're right. I've been wondering why I think the way I do. Thank you for showing me the light. All this time I thought it was intellect and empathy, but it's always been because I wanted a large African-American man to wear a strap-on (?) and fuck my ass. Well guys, off to /pol/ to start my new life. user has showed me the way.

I'm not a stormfag, I am actually a tankie. It's just funny to see immigrant invasions actually used as a term. It's also funny that the fall of Western Rome was often to the benefit of those who lived in it, with the crushing Roman taxes being lifted off of the average plebeian and the safety of the realm generally improving with the rogue Roman generals gone.
>inb4 muh bathouses
Those luxuries were rarely found outside of all but the largest cities, the average person likely never saw one in their lifetime.

Last night I was having a conversation with a friend centered around the question 'Do you like talking to old people'? I made the comment that 'yes, I do, you can ask them stuff about the 50's'. Her response was 'yeah, the 50's were only good for white men.' This reply is a great summary of the cultural zeitgeist of young people.

History according to the young goes something like this;

40's: Fantastic, we stopped Fascism (and gave have of Europe to Communism)
50's: Terrible. Minorities, particularly women had it rough (in spite of the mass production of washing machines, refrigerators and vacuum cleaners)
60's: Great. Civil Rights (even though the civil rights movement started in the 50's. Veitnam)
70's: Fantastic. An economy for the people (forget the oil crises)
80's: Terrible. Growth of capitalism and deregulation ( forgetting the end of stagflation)
90's: Great. Bill Clinton and shit.

>gave have of Europe to Communism
>have
>women had it rough (in spite of the mass production of washing machines, refrigerators and vacuum cleaners)
>these supplement civil rights

>CAPTCHA Books DUMAS
It is as if the stars aligned.

I'm 25, why are you calling me gramps?

Yes you are having a stroke because apparently you would rather be childless but live until you're 100, probably with those last few years in a vegetative state, than live until your 60 but have a full life, with a beautiful, curvaceous wife and a healthy brood of six strong children

Kek

>My dad was born in '51 and his parents were fine middle class but I've asked my grandparents before and they have no desire to go back to those days, especially my grandmother.
My parents, born in the 50s, have both DESPISED their lives - they're both heavily depressed and have taken medication

This is DESPITE the fact that they did everything properly. They got degrees, they worked good jobs, they bought materialistic shit because that's what everyone does these days. They didn't go to church because that's not cool anymore.

My grandparents had a WAY fucking better life - yes it was HARD (born in the 20s, they lived through the war), but their life was FULFILLING. They had a happy marriage (unlike my parents who divorced, like so many people these days), they were Christian, they went to church (sometimes), they had family values, they had three kids (my parents only had two), AND they enjoyed a fantastic retirement, with savings they had accrued through their lives. They went on holidays and enjoyed themselves, rewarding themselves for years of hard work.

Both my parents and my grandparents worked hard, and they've both earned well I suppose. The difference is my grandparents lived in a time of morals - family values, societal values. Community cohesion. My parents lived when maximising your possessions was deemed the most important thing in life. "Just buy this car and your life will be perfect!" - my grandparents NEVER bought into such thinking (my grandad was a fixer of everything, unlike today's "throw it away and replace it" culture).

>Stop idealizing the past and go do something about your future
That's why I'm contributing to the conservative, nationalist renaissance, my friend.

>only acts content while you're around for fear of being beaten

my wife would be a lot happier if I could smack her one. Its truly the only way she will straighten her life out.

Girls love to idealize the 20s for flapper culture and jazz parties while shitting on the 50s in the same breath for being misogynistic and racist in the same breath without an ounce of cognitive dissonance or even basic awareness.

>What, do you want to die at 70 with metastic lung cancer in pain?
If you have a chance to have a big family with a beautiful wife, where both of you agree that family values are the most important thing in life, then yes. I would easily take that deal knowing I would die at 70 (which is a very good age to get to).

If the deal of living to 100 is weaker family values and smaller families, then you can take your deal and shove it right up your arse.

>Aha! I'll use my anecdotal evidence, that'll get him!

conservatism had nothing to do with a dead cultural construct. You'll have to start an entirely different movement friendo

>without an ounce of cognitive dissonance

the irony

White guys were free and that's all I give a shit about

>i am so le intellectually smart
Picture is for you

This

This too

Why should I accept the death of the nuclear family and simply move on towards something new? Because Professor Shekelburg said so?