Which animal has been more historically helpful to humans?

Cats, with their pest control, or dogs, with their various jobs, such as bomb-sniffing, hunting and what not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/okgrjiqnNCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doggos

Cattle. Not even close imo.

I would say cats because rats/mice can be a major concern but cats are outlets and enablers of dykes like Julie Bindel so dogs are superior.

Probably puppers, for their sheer versatility.

Probably dogs, they're all beta creatures, with the master being the alpha. Cats are too alpha to be helpful.

Dogs are better than cats in every metric including rodent control there is literally no contest.

Except for cuteness, dominance, hunting, gymnastics and intelligence.

obviously doggos, cats can go fuck themselves

dogs made humans more efficient hunters, there's no contest.

horse's and other work animals are a close second.

>all the cat hate itt
Shoo shoo bitter doggos

Cattle and horses, bar none.

Dogfags are retarded. Your dog can't plow a field. The best it can do is herd the former! Which means it's useful existence is still tied to cattle.
Catfags are even more retarded. Your cat doesn't provide dairy products for you. The best it does is clear pests from the haystack. Fucking carrier pigeons are more useful.

In terms of what led to human civilization, nothing beats ruminants. Deal with it anthropomoprhizing pet faggots.

Horses, oxen, or cattle I'd think.

Dogs are first.
Then Horses.
Then Cattle.
Then Camels.
Then Cats.
Then Sheep.
Then Llamas/Alpacas.

>Cats are more helpful than lamas.
All they do is eat.

Fishes and birds are more helpful than cats. Falcons can hunt and pigeons can deliver mail.

Reminder that chinks, Muslims and negroes aren't human because of the way the treat dogs.

To be fair niggers wouldn't be human either way.

Cats eat rats and mice and were worshiped by the Egyptians. Llamas benefited the people of the Andes. Cats had a place in society across Europe, Africa, and Asia before the Columbian Exchange.

>puppers
>cattle
>horses
>other domesticated animals like sheep/goats/chickens/etc
>kitty cats
Pest control is important, but I don't think theyre as essential as the other animals. They're fun to cuddle with though, which is nice.

>No Camels
Camels need to be up there senpai. Consider that they were the beasts of burden for large swaths of Africa and Asia and that the Silk Road was on the back of camels.

Not all blacks dislike dogs.

youtu.be/okgrjiqnNCM

>there are catfags in this thread ITT

I can dig it, I think I'd put them with horses as transportation animals.

Certain Dog breeds were bred specifically for pest control, and do it better than cats do.

>finally found the kot thread

Dogs are more intelligent than cats actually

>cuteness
Subjective
>dominance
A negative trait
>hunting
Wrong.
>gymnastics
Irrelevant
>intelligence
Very wrong.

That's a small dakimakura.

I prefer to own a cat because I live a modern comfy first world life, but a dog is much more useful. No contest.

Horses. It was the first large mammal to be domesticated. Provides you with transport, labour and milk

I would say cow. Pretty much enable land trading and food/milk.
Not necessarily but dogs have higher communicative skills with humans so it makes them look more smart.

doggos love and protect everyone and just want to be friends unlike subhuman cats

That and there have been breeds of dogs specifically created for pest control of all shapes and sizes
>rat terriers made for catching rats in barns and shit
>Rhodesian ridgebacks made for hunting lions and keeping them out of cattle pens

Tl;dr everything cats can do for society dogs can do and more, cats are useless

I'm more of a cat person but if we are talking about utility then definitely dogs. Specially trained breeds of dog are better at even pest control than cats. Cats are mainly ornamental.

Sure are a lot of modern day farmers with entirely self sufficient barn dogs, user. Oh, wait, maybe canines can't fill every role.

You missed his point.

Thank you and checked

>horses more useful than cattle despite not being used extensively until the fucking bronze age
>Dogs first because MUH COMPANIONSHIP MUH FEEELINGS

Cattle
Horses
Camels
Sheep
Llamas
Pigeons
Any other shit domesticate on Earth
Cats - Dogs

Deal with it petfag, and go get riddled with more parasites from your beast.

Dogs full stop. Cats are barely domesticated and go feral after 1 generation sometimes even less.

There's dog breeds made just to kill small pests and do it much better then cats

Oh this is in regards to Cats vs Dogs just to ad to my post.

historically, objectively cats, as they are tied directly to civilization and "history". dogs are a prehistoric tool that has evolved into a companionship tool. cats are sometimes the same, but still largely provide their original function of utterly destroying everything smaller than them throughout the world.

dogs were only widely useful outside of companionship to the people of prehistory, minus a few niche uses in contemporary society. cats may have been the difference between civilization and no civilization.