Post Veeky Forums approved videogames

Post Veeky Forums approved videogames

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl2yg6i-Jg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_Dragon_Rising
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pac man

is that still an active game? If so what is its full name.

Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars.
It's essentially a mod. Still active to this day, with entire regiments and shit.

Thanks

I want to make my own, desu

SONS OF THE HOUND, COME HERE AND GET FLESH.

>fire up Vicky 2
>feel overwhelmed, close it, and fire up retard friendly Civ5 or MnB

every time

Crusader Kings II and eventually Europa Universalis IV

play as a simple meme country like russia

BYDAND

Russia is a bitch country to play as in Vicky because of the fucktardedly big territory.

>STATEHOOD AVAILABLE IN UPPER ZASRATOVSK
>spend the next 30 minutes trying to figure out where that is

don't listen to
play United States for easy mode to learn the game

meant don't listen to

Hate the diplomacy AI, love the war.

Has anyone met Matt Easton while playing M&B: Napoleonic Wars? He says he plays frequently.

..just click the button to cycle through them.

Assassins Creed II.

Simply Timeless.

NW is a shit game

GOD SHITS THE KAISER

I have an unhealthy addiction to this mod.

The mods for this game are amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl2yg6i-Jg

What makes it good outside of Doosvult, Blurple, and AlohaSnackbar memes?

It's not a mod. It's an official DLC.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad and Rising Storm

Probably the most historically accurate and authentic WW2 game out there at the moment

When did he say that?

The economy is significantly tweaked so you don't have absurd numbers of stacks in the first 50 turns, the AOR system, religious conversion is realistic and actually takes fucking time, the unit models are gorgeous and there was clearly a lot of research done about the period when they made it, a lot like an EB for the Middle East.

Also you start out the game with your good units so powerful empires are not usually shitty militia at the start and everyone gets their cool units right off the bat.

We probably played together if you attended the events yesterday and the day before. Too bad the mod isnt more popular

What mod? RO2 is a game.

Do campaigns still devolve into map painting grind fests with dozens of stacks everywhere? What's so special about the AOR system, I've come across a few in other mods but they've always just been "slightly more OP version of standard troop because muh Constantinople." I appreciate a slower religion game, but is it still all about parking a priest on a map or city and waiting?

The unit models do look great though. I played an early demo of it years back, but haven't looked at it since. Pic related is the only thing I really remember coming out of the submod.

I really liked Dominions 3 and 4. What are some games that I might like? I've never played Civilization.

Get Stainless steel for a fantastic experience.
Attila TW is great. Nothing like migrating, wandering, and looting around. CHnaging religion also added a nice touch. Too bad that it still has so many flaws.

R8 groscambodiums

I HATE NIGGERS LOLOLOLOLOLOL

whats special about this AOR system is that your ability to produce your native units is restricted by territory, and outside of those set territories you can only recruit the local AOR troops. For example the ERE can only recruit its native Varangian axe infantry in its starting territories, and outside of Anatolia and the Northern Levant you won't be able to recruit native Byzantine troops at all, aside from a building you can build in major cities called a Kastron which allows you to recruit some native troops like Kataphracts and Sparthatoi (every faction has a similar building but its called something different).

As for religious conversion, only the higher level churches can make priests and actually convert people, the others just provide a public order bonus. Religion is overall a lot more fleshed out, with Orthodox, Catholic, Shia, Sunni, Kajic Islam (that was a thing apparently) Pagan and Hindu factions.

What that AOR system also means is that replenishment is harder then base Medieval 2 and with the high recruitment and upkeep costs one battle can often decide whether a faction lives or dies.

The Combat Mission games are honestly fantastic, I just wish they weren't so damned expensive.

Why are the vast majority of Medieval II mods paced so slowly and everything is so expensive? I hate waiting 5 turns and spending 4500 florins on dirt fucking roads. I love the attention to detail and the tweaked economy and all that but I can't stand taking forever to build simple infrastructure.

FUCK NIGGERS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

>Stainless Steel

>Not Bellum Crucis

jk SS is good too!

Why do I never see Inquisitor mentioned? Inquisitor is the tits.

FUCK ALL NIGGERS LOL

Early modders were obsessed with expanding the map and turn times to the point where anything close to CAs original pacing is practically heresy.

YOU ARE A FUCKING NIGGER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

That was very rude

People got mad that Vanilla is so fast and quite frankly shit with the clearly superior Catholic Factions. I would Argue that SS is a good fit for you as it tones down the economy autism (I would make sure to turn off real recruitment though as that slows unit progression to a crawl.)

>Red Orchestra 2

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OSTFRONT IS BEST EVER

too bad its fucking dead except for Darkest Hour.

The mod scene could use some fresh eyes at this point, someone with some insight on board game design. Most modders back then were really focused on fixing CAs bugs and pushing the engine to its limits, so things got a little crazy with unit mods, new maps, and scripting.

>Darkest Hour

ikr

ever wipe an entire British team by camping spawn with bayo and 100% accurate hipfire as they run out one by one? No?

Now you can.

>can't play /gsg/ games because some random error pops up for all of them

BLEEE

So what's it gonna be?

>People got mad that Vanilla is so fast and quite frankly shit with the clearly superior Catholic Factions.
That's why when I play Medieval 2, I try to last as long as possible without blobing (playing as Milan and trying to keep Italy all for yourself was very fun, and somewhat annoying. Fucking Venetians.)

Zaka su Dalia!

I like to turtle in Northern Italy as Milan, building up a ridiculous economy for a few turns while holding everything at bay with smaller but superior forces.

As someone who's favorite faction is the Byzantines, fuck the eternal Venetian, luckily in SS my roster doesn't suck and you can BTFO the sea jews easily.

Love to turtle as Milan. Motherfucking crossbowmen kills sieges. I remember losing most of my army to a siege against the >HRE, but my remaining four divisions of Milanese crossbowmen wiped out their army. Fucking Hilarious shit.
I concur the sea jews are fucking bastards. However, I will admit their heavy infantry is the shit.

>Rising Storm

BEST.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI

How is Tropico 4/5?

Bey busurman!

Fun but they get old quickly

Boring DLC fests.

Tropico 2 > *

I also enjoy to turtle up in Northern Italy as Venice. It's easy for the cities to defend each other. By the time gunpowder first comes I'd already have two barracks fully upgraded and pump out musketeers and pikemen. After this I like to show the rest of the world how I already graduated Medieval II and upgraded to Empire Total War

My big problem with the game is that I just get burned out so quickly. It was one thing to expand as Rome across the map, but even that got a little stale. The civil war aspect at least helped. But in M2TW it just feels weird and boring to take any of those factions and cover half the map.

>essentially

ALL IN THE BUTT ON

God tier OST.

Fun games with shitty dlc practices.

Is it all about multiplayer?

>history

This fucking game right here.
Wargame

eclipsed by arma 2 and all the mods

>an rts
>eclipsed a first person military "simulator" from 2009

NW is a mod retard and yes it sucks.

There are far better mods for sp an mp

nice use of merchants you don't understand the basic mechanics of the game kys now

oops I confused with this one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint:_Dragon_Rising

EU4 is the most Veeky Forums approved game out there.

IN DER NERKAMPF!
Man love playing as the Austrians
Grenzer uniform best desu

>TW: Empire
>play India
>colonize Britain

So pretty much what's happening now in Britain

If you gaze too deep into your colonies, your colonies gaze back into you

Dominions 1 and 2

Gary Grigsby's War in the East.

Everything else is casual in comparison.

When did they add great powers to the game? I kinda hate how many dlc's they released and how much they have changed the game. Every time i want to go back and play it seems like I have to buy 3 dlc's and learn a dozen new mechanics.

Tfw you get the notification that you, playing as Wichita, are now one of the great powers

SCOTLAND FOREVER

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
The Might and Magic series

I hate the sea Jews in every medical grand strategy game ever

Good taste, can you gib steam, looking for people to play Broken Crescent with.

>download Hearts of Iron 3
>no idea what im doing, pick Canada and spend some time learning the game
>now that ive grasped the basics, start up a real game
>pick Poland
>slave away the next 8-9 hours and establish a core alliance of Poland, France, England and Czechoslovkia
>attempt to partition Germany in 1937
>finally succeed in early 1941
>England occupies Denmark and Czechs are fighting Austria
>Czechoslovkia is invaded by Hungary
>invade Czechoslovkia and take Prague
>England declares war on me and takes occupied Berlin
>settle for peace
GOAT game for binge playing

>medical

URA DURA STIGMALIDYANSK

Fucking autocorrect

I want to buy it but fuck-all people play it. I've no interest playing against bots either.

Kinda fun but not Veeky Forums related.

Cities: Skylines is better for creating more realistic and larger cities

>king of the north
You mother fucker. 2FA sends their regards!