ITT pathetic piteous weaklings of military history

I mean nations develop the forces they need. England and United States due to their isolation can focus so much more their navies and power projections

italy in the last 200 years

can someone post the image of all the battles italy lost in ww1

A thoughtful comment on /his?

delete this

Italys issue is that it belived that it was something more than a second rate power. They never had the resources or organization to be anything more.

>Natives
>Equal enemy

Haha yeah. It was the spears bro.

As in the Natives were less than equal, they were inferior, you dumb fuckhead illiterate Reddit user.

>They never had the resources or organization to be anything more

Italy not people who came from the Italian peninsula.

The natives weren't inferior. It was their spears.

ah as the unified nation? sure i get cha

>THe roman empire was Italian
End this meme

If killing spearchucking natives and building the largest empire in history was so easy then why didn't anyone else do it?

Really makes you think to be honest.

>If killing spearchucking natives and building the largest empire in history was so easy then why didn't anyone else do it?
They had neighbours that could invade them if their army wasn't big.On the other hand Britain had a whole channel between all their neighbours and could invest everything in the navy.This natural barrier allowed Britain to be untouched during the Napoleonic wars and just be in a good state in the beggining of the industrial revolution

That's what I mean though. Everybody on Veeky Forums shits on Britain for not being successful in European conflicts but what is the point? Literaly playing to the advantage ad making it work rather that being stuck in perpetual war with your neighbors every generation.

I mean just look at Napoleon, he was incredibly successful in Europe but his Continental System was basically a failure, people still traded with Britain behind his back and he wasn't able to hold onto the power for long.

The short term pursuit for glory resulted in exile and loss.

Have you considered because England is a NAVAL POWER it does not develop a large or well trained army?

Fuck off, the English channel isn't Cocytus, it's a perfectly navigable strait, 19 miles at it's most narrow. It's always been well frequented, people have literally swam the fucking thing, Has anyone swam the Pyrenees or the Alps or the route to Moscow? Europe has plenty of natural barriers which could be just as formidable if utilized properly. Then again I can fully appreciate why a people who contrived the Maginot line do not trust the most exalted men among them to safely make the perilous voyage that is/was the busiest stretch of water in the world... Humiliating.

Don't even concede that, Britain's armies were more than formidable considering our comparatively small population.
When you make a refugee out of the Veeky Forums's favorite meme so they constantly repeat their historically illiterate platitudes.

It wasnt like the channel was empty you fucking fool. There was the largest navy in history (up until that point) parked in the middle of it.

Do you know what supply lines are?

>tfw didn't post the OC i made for OP, I feel more cucked than Napoleon TBQFH

Oh yeah that's right, the largest navy in history was parked in the middle of the English channel, for what? the entirety of the Napoleonic wars?
Seems like a hell of a gamble for the UK to abandon their naval presence elsewhere, youd've thought someone would've capitalised on their vulnerable
>supply lines