Understanding Swarm City (SWT)

This is a great informative page for understanding Swarm City. queenbeesc.github.io/swarm.city/

Other urls found in this thread:

themerkle.com/what-is-the-erc20-ethereum-token-standard/
youtube.com/watch?v=ijdmXvw2Q6o
uberpeople.net/threads/first-time-uber-driver-so-far-so-bad.173037/
press.swarm.city/dmitry-buterin-joins-swarm-city-advisory-board-675d47f268d1
gq.com/story/the-uber-killer
g.recordit.co/CCZ75pyKch.gif
queenbeesc.github.io/swarm.city/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is their infatuation with bees? Fucking liberals and "muh disappearing bees". I can't take this project seriously.

great. fuck what you take seriously.

So you telling me I might be able to cash out of my crypto without having to pay a 30% ass rape by just using it to buy shit ou right with a geo market place... holy fuck this could be huge why is it so cheap? What's the catch?

the catch is that the marketing is shitty and it's hard to gather information about what it is

>another swarm city thread

can you please stop shilling this piece of shit already?

Does it have an inflation rate or is it hardcapped?

Nigger shut up and look, do you see a top 5 coin in the making? I sure as fuck do.

Capped at the amount of arc tokens converted to swt

Does Arc have inflation then? Or is it hardcapped too?

I'm not sure but there's only around 2.5 million arcs remaining listed in circulation

not a shill post and factual informative content on Veeky Forums?? wake me the fuck up

Alright I'll definitely check into that part then before doing a larger position on this coin, thank you for the thread and info user

Btw, SWT is an ERC20 token. Read about it here. themerkle.com/what-is-the-erc20-ethereum-token-standard/

>uber is too centralized!
>need to use swarm city website to do anything. have to buy swarm tokens to do anything. swarm takes a cut of all transactions, yet provide no legal or financial liability if something goes wrong.
>trying to be uber, without an app. have to call "uber" on your browser lmao
>swarm city is a scam

this, doesn't mean you can't make money off of it tho

You completely misunderstand what the project is doing. I really am glad you'll miss out on the profits of holding SWT tokens.

Swarm City is not trying to compete with Uber. It's a craigslist competitor.

What they said was complete nonsense. SWT is going to $100+ and idiots who fail to understand it will be poor like they deserve to be.

Do you think this will go up in the next few days? No memes please, I'm split between putting money on this or Antshares

the grand unveiling of the software is in 5 days. Your choice.

i'm kidding m8, holding SWT myself

looking forward to the day i receive an email from kraken telling me they added SWT

i don't know if this shit will succeed but i bought a hundred dollars worth yesterday so i can be the guy who owns #needsucc

craigslist is free. why would someone pay for swarm tokens to use service that is already free?
I understand it perfectly, it's fucking retarded.
Listen to this faggot promote swarm, he literally dodges every single question, even simple ones, and goes on a giant tangent and changes the subject. It's a scam
youtube.com/watch?v=ijdmXvw2Q6o

Uber is a billion dollar company. Craigslist is a huge company. Both of them work fine and normies arn't going to use a cryptocurrency just to sell their shit-covered clothes and 1970s furniture.

This coin is facebook for dogs level.

I just watched that. He answered every question asked? What are you talking about m8

CL is not free if you are a seller mate. Also:

Power lies in getting in between people communicating or transacting. In SC, no one can take away the power of the individuals to communicate and transact. CL can say no. Amazon can say no, etc. Plus CL is only the communication part of it, not the trustless payment portion of it.

Also, this

Just because he sucks at explaining it doesn't make it bad.

Ok, so why would someone use swarm city over uber?

It's not fucking cheaper. Uber only takes 15% so I guess you could theoretically save that if you're a driver using swarm...

But what happens when some drunk bitch pukes in your car? What happens when you get into a car accident while you're on a ride? Who is going to help you? Swarm? No, they're just taking their cut and have no responsibility for you. LOL.

Why would anyone use swarm over uber, why would anyone use swarm over craigslist... you fucking idiot lol

when does craigslist ever say no? only for illegal items and swt is not an anonymous coin

SeeNo regulations = the free market will handle it

Yea, they're clueless of the merits this offers, because they're immature clueless scum. They probably made easy money on shitcoins and think they're cool now.

Uber and Lyft take 25% and sometimes more, then adds other fees on top of that, and their rates are unprofitably low for drivers.

Drivers hate Uber: uberpeople.net/threads/first-time-uber-driver-so-far-so-bad.173037/

>thinks Uber will help him when some drunk bitch pukes in his car

Also, this

One of the benefits of this, is that if enough people are using it, you never have to cash out to fiat, since people will be accepting payments in SWT. That's an incredible advantage cragslist and uber dont have, and cant have due to their platform.

So your best argument for this coin is tax evasion. Do you see how you're not really making a strong case for this token?

Bitcoin is not an anonymous coin either but it's still the primary payment method used in the dark net markets to buy illegal shit.

Craigslist has $300m annual revenues, so that's how much they skim off the top. That's a lot of value that can flow to Swarm City users.

Obviously Swarm City is not going to replace craigslist anytime soon, just making a point here.

If that's not a strong case then I don't know what is. Isn't that what crypto is all about, you cuck?

So trading a currency for services is tax evasion now? If you're not performing a taxable event it isnt tax evasion. But this is moot if we consider the entire purpose of cryptocurrencies is to take power away from the government.

>he thinks paying exorbiant taxes is a good thing

that's actually true hahaha. the guy who is "cheef arkitect" describes himself as cryptoanarachist.

right now the value proposition is that it's a marketplace (very rudimental) where you can use cryptocurrency instead of fiat. when people create GUIs on top of marketplaces, and there are easier ways to get SWT, it might work.

Well, you dont need fancy to get things done. Normally when you add a ton of features it ends up bloating the system. A simple marketplace is the best.

If you want this coin to get more publicity, you should probably mention that they got Dmitry Buterin on their advisory board, just the name should get the attention of the autists on here.

press.swarm.city/dmitry-buterin-joins-swarm-city-advisory-board-675d47f268d1

related

the big question is how active is he with the project? some projects have vitalik himself on the advisory board.

I remember watching a live Swarm City hangout with him. Kept thinking how weird it was that he had the same last name as Vitalik. Then I looked him up and realized that this Swarm City project is going to be very serious. This team is well connected, backed by big names, and going places.

Fuck your shitcoins, you autists.

Futhermore, I also love how the criticism this is getting is reminiscent of the criticism Bitcoin got in 2011.

i should have been more open minded and looked deeper into it. fuckk

They're going to release a new website in less than 5 days though. It will be basic but it will get the job done better than the current one.

It's far from too late. Once these ICO guys finish selling (they bought large sums of coins and are already in lambo land), we'll move up to $100+ quickly, imo.

i meant bitcoin. already bought some swt to test it out. might buy more before storefrnt

Oh, bitcoin. I remember when I called $100+ in early 2013 and everyone called me a troll.

lmao
>muh free market
Yeah, some bitch pukes in your car, refuses to pay the driver, the driver kills the girl in a fit of rage, swarm goes to zero sats. That's the free market you retard.
Yes, they pay you. Ask your mom, she probably drives for uber because it's clear no one was around to teach you anything you retard.

People like you are way the world is enslaved. But your time is running out fast, loser!

>Yeah, some bitch pukes in your car, refuses to pay the driver, the driver kills the girl in a fit of rage, swarm goes to zero sats. That's the free market you retard.

You mean this guy? gq.com/story/the-uber-killer

Uber is still worth $50B and people keep using it. Maybe not everyone is as stupid as you. Maybe they already understand that there is a 0.00000001% risk that they will get killed anytime they step out of the door anyway?

>Ask your mom, she probably drives for uber because it's clear no one was around to teach you anything you retard.

>you thought craigslist was free

I don't use craigslist because I'm not a nigger. People who use craigslist certainly aren't going to invest in swarm, and normal people who can actually afford to pay for services aren't going to use swarm either. So who is going to use it? a niche group of retards with no money that you're a apart of.

Lol mate, craigslist is a multi-billion dollar company with $300m in annual revenues. That does not sound like a 'niche' to me. Neither does it sound like people who use it don't have any money.

>you also thought Uber charges 15% fees

it is 25%

I didnt say craigslist was a niche community you illiterate negroid. People with money buy things new because they can afford to own things that weren't sullied previously by others. People without money or those looking for deals aren't going to buy a crypto currency so they can use what they can already use for free.

Bottom line: no one will use swarm and it won't take off. cap this.

>Bottom line: no one will use swarm and it won't take off.

Doesn't stop that fact that you could make mad gains tho

>People without money or those looking for deals aren't going to buy a crypto currency so they can use what they can already use for free.

The Swarm City platform is actually free unlike craigslist.

also lol @ implying that only people with money or people who don't look for deals are going to buy cryptocurrencies

>no one will use swarm and it won't take off. cap this

>nobody will use Uber because we already have taxis for normal people who can actually afford to pay for services

>nobody will use Swarm City because we already have craigslist and uber for normal people who can afford to pay 20% markups

>buying a cryptocurrency to save money
>why would anybody ever do that right

should i dump 0.8 btc into it?

Don't listen to anybody telling you to buy or sell. Do your own research

I got in at 120k sats. Feels good man. Wish I would've bought more though. Someone made a really long and convincing post a few days ago and I did some research and I think he wasn't bullshitting. I really think this thing can hit $15 at the very least.

>if you bought in when he posted, you would have easily doubled your money by now

Yeah it was $2.99 when I bought and now it's almost to $6

Tfw it was 0.5 usd when I was looking at it but I thought it was too expensive when it went to 1 dollar

Same, I did a couple of minutes of research but couldn't find out what it was so I bailed on it, only to come back later when it had gone up 5x already

i bought in after that thread. feels real good.

Exactly. Hipsters and SJWs are the loudest vocal minority.

I can see a LOT of people being disappointed with this on the 15th lol. Fuck the team isn't even making an app!

What's going to come out is a buggy mess of a shitty WEBSITE, with only a single #pioneer hashtag available. They wouldn't even commit to saying when/if they'd unlock the others. If all it took for people to lose confidence in Digibyte is them NOT winning a shitty competition, guess how hard this one's going to drop.

g.recordit.co/CCZ75pyKch.gif

>does this look shitty to you lol?

Of course they committed to unlocking others hashtags, how retarded are you?

They will announce their timeframe to open up other hashtags soon enough. It's just slightly economically sensitive right now because I believe the selection mechanism for letting hashtags show up on the official website will be based on a community vote in which (I think) reputation gained in #pioneer will play a role.

Meh. Bought some but I dont feel it.

Bought 20 swarms. 5 days till the release, the hype isn't even here yet.

It's starting to moon, slowly but surely. Expect velocity to increase over the next 4 days.

>Hipsters and SJWs

This is why /pol/ sucks at finance, because y'all invest too emotionally.

too much hype is a bad thing because everyone will have high expectations and inevitably get disappointed

>queenbeesc.github.io/swarm.city/

No more buying ATH for me. I'll keep it in mind for next pump.

Unfortunately that's the same logic I used when I cancelled my order for 100 bitcoins at $15 in 2013, it didn't stop going up till $200.

im in doo brodda

sold my dgb and moving onto other early sats.

I consider SWT early since its actually a product in and of itself.

If you like IRL hustle you can make bank of SWT.

> selling ammo
> selling btc
> selling weed
> whatever

Yes, and no one even knows about it yet. Market cap right now is only a measly $40m! Ethereum's market cap is over 750 times more with 92 million coins in circulation. Swarm City only has 6.8m tokens. Let that sink in. The current price $6 x 750 = $4,500

If you missed all your other opportunities to lambo land because you doubted, this right here is another chance. Like BTC and ETH, it won't happen overnight.

yeah, this one is going to require patience. It's very early stages for Swarm City. June 15th will be a big step forward though

Agreed, it's definitely a long term, steady growth thing, but that growth will be huge when it does happen.

a craigslist competitor that changes for an inferior product that requires you to pay with a shitcoin

how many legit craigslist competitors are there on the web? right, none.

so why would a product that's more difficult to use, with an inferior user experience, AND that requires payment in a fucking shitcoin compete?

This coin is not just "Craigslist" with crypto currency. It's a decentralized coin that let's you create your own marketplace. Like the internet allowed e-commerce to grow, SWT allows an Amazon using cryptocurrency to be born, and you won't have to cash out to fiat to use it.

There's a reason this coin hasn't crashed at all during the surge in eth and BTC today...

>but if everyone used it it would almost be as useful as fiat!!!
know what's already as useful as fiat? Fiat

After sifting through thread I have sold all my SWT, thanks for the informative thread.

Good. You don't deserve to be rich.

If you're a cuck, please sell your SWT. We don't need your bad karma and negative energies. Fags.

know what jew preaches and nigger leaches?
fiat

There is no way this hits ETH's market cap...

Did I say it would? I'm just giving a perspective of the upside potential. First of all, it could do anything, but even if it just reached 5% of the ETH market cap, what does that equate to in SWT's price? 37.5 times what it is now, so $225

this is a bit of a stretch, I mean I could see it hitting 50 within the next year, but I doubt it will ever hit Ethereum's market cap. At most 1-5 billion and a LOT has to go right.

Yeah, again, I wasn't suggesting that, was merely giving a perspective of upside potential. 5% of that is still $225, and I don't think it's insane to imagine that as a very real possibility.

>within the next year
try within a few months

>sections ("tags") are entirely user-defined and self-administrated, meaning complete flexibility for whatever service you desire to market (taxi, delivery cupcakes, prostitution, drugs, etc.)
>implements escrow, meaning greater enforcement of deals and more security
>mobile-friendly and modern, unlike craigslist which continues to look and function like an early 90s site
>all of the benefits of decentralized and private cryptocurrency transactions
>only costs as much as the tip the tag moderator sets
There's few craigslist competitors and craigslist is extremely dated, which means that SC is finding the perfect market to enter. You don't know much about business, huh?

>There's a reason this coin hasn't crashed at all during the surge in eth and BTC today...
Because it's apparently one of the only coins backed by people that are investors instead of people chasing moons.

Goddamn i knew i shouldnt have been shilled. Everything went fine so far and trusted you on this one. I hope for your soul that this shit goes up so i at least can break even
So far there is zero hype

see

No. It actually looks like a complete piece of shitcoin

Seems you can't do an hours worth of research, for you would have come to the conclusion that this is an incredible find. But that's fine, stay poor.