What do you think of Christian ethno-religious groups like the Amish, Mennonites, and Hutterites?

What do you think of Christian ethno-religious groups like the Amish, Mennonites, and Hutterites?

Are they based, are they heretics, or are they both?

Veeky Forums is a Catholic board

Why are protties so autistic?

needless autism

They're fine people.
Just about the only ethnic group that have preserved the integrity of their moral fabric and stopped it from decaying, the blacks and the white left seem to be ripping theirs to shreds.

Top lads.

Seems like a nice enough life.

>in b4 go join them

I said seems

I don't know but they make awesome pastries.

And sweet blankets.

Yeah. Can't really see anything wrong with it. Totally benign.

So, this is how heresy ends up. There're also Jehovah's Witnesses, Bible Seekers and Mormons. All being an offspring of "great awakenings" of Puritans, who were kicked out from England by the Anglicans, who made up their own Bible back in 1611.

You know what's funny? Jehovah's Witnesses showing me their mutation of KJV and declaring they're restorationists, Christian primitivists and believe what 1st century Christians believed.

Funnier to me when you go to hell forever.

Oh, wait, that's not funny for anyone.

No comment on their religious views or practices; don't know them.

Would only say that the Breaking Amish show pretty much indicated that anyone who left their community had a shit life, and anyone who stayed was a contributing member of their society, and much happier.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Bible Seekers don't even believe in hell.

True Christians.

Why in the fuck do you think that this is a viable threat here? The catholics/other conservative abrahamic religious people you disagree with think you're a heretic doomed for hell, and the non-religious types like me think you're an idiot.

>Hell's existence is up for grabs.

Lol no.

It's a warning, snowflake, not a threat. A threat would imply that I had some hand in the action. A warning is just that. You're headed towards 2300 degrees centigrade, the burning of sulfur and brimstone.

That's a bit more to worry about than global warming, is it not?

They dont hurt anyone. Let them do their own thing until the end of time.

>>Hell's existence is up for grabs.

That's not what I meant. They're free to dive into their own history. I'm not going to do anything aside of pointing to the facts and praying.

Remember - you can't just convert a JW. It's one of the most destructive cults out there (because it sucks people up as opposed to destructive but isolated Amishes). If a JW leaves the cult, his family cuts all ties with him. He's left orphaned, isolated and homeless. If you don't have a job and place+people for him to live in and with, you can spit that self-righteouss "you're going to hell" dick out of your mouth - because you provided NO actual help to change that. None at all.

They are harmless, make some great furniture and are really nice people.

Nice like the smiles of North Korean child performers.

The ones I've met have always treated me with genuine kindness.
Maybe that is because I am white? Maybe they wouldn't be so nice to jews or blacks?

They don't want to go to hell, do they?
*user chokes on a huge, self-proclaimed-holliness cock*

They are heretics. They were a societal threat in the past, but they are harmless now. Let them be.

>unironically using *actions*
How about you go chock on an actual cock, you fuck.

>>unironically

While "chock" is an actual English verb, I don't think you are you it correctly.

>you are you it
And thus, thread was kidnapped by obvious baits.

Catholics aren't Christian

Global warming is concrete evidence that Satan is winning his war against God, by expanding hell to include the surface of the earth.

I think murder is actually kinder than shunning, btw.

Satan will never win

It is said Celsius ffs. Temperature in Kelvins is also a centrigrade scale yet it is not Celsius. Understand? Every lion is a feline yet not every cat is a lion.

Becayse you're right.

>Temperature in Kelvins
Predestinated to be absolute.

>Are they based, are they heretics, or are they both?

They're good lads

Anabaptists have nothing to do with the Great Awakenings you goof, they migrated from Europe.

saltycuck keyboard crusader

>you shouldn't worry about earth's future cuz GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD

Marry me.

>Anabaptists have nothing to do with the Great Awakenings

I admit I was wrong and I'm sorry for assuming so.
Weird, I used to remember all the divisions better - I guess original anabaptists aren't as much of a heretical threat as "awoken" baptists, JWs, mormons, pentecostal and rest of that contagious cancer.

The earth will perish, God will not

Only Extraordinary Form. You okay with that, hon'?

Stop being Catholic

Religion is not a LARP club you choose, it's Universe you live in. I can't really leave this universe, and this universe's Absolute cause and source is, well, God.

Not believeing in God would be delusional.

on the one hand they seem like they live godly lives. On the other hand there's nothing in the bible that says you have to dress like its the 19th century and shun modern technology. It seems like they've severely blurred the line between what their religion says and the cultural practices they've invented for themselves. If you're going to make up new rules that you follow as if they're God's commandments then you're verging dangerously close to being Catholic (i.e. a blasphemer and a heretic).

>Catholic (i.e. a blasphemer and a heretic)
My KJV from 1611 says so!

Fuck you. I dress in the attire of my ancestors and worship the same expansive pantheon of heathen gods.

>Fugg you :-DD I dres in de attrier ob muh andsebstors and worshib de same eggspanib banteon of heben gods
:-DDD

They're basically like Jews, with all the negative aspects of centuries of small gene pools and wonky selection processes.

They're basically a walking example of why retards practicing soft eugenics makes clinical retards with abnormal congenital diseases more often than it makes for higher IQ's and better appearances.

Vastly superior to mainstream American society

Jews ended up the way they did because Christian Europeans inadvertently created a selection process for individuals who had memory, verbal, and mathematical skills. They didn't come out of it looking more attractive, and they gained high rates of shitty inheritable diseases. So it's not all good. That being said, I'd still call it a serendipitous sort of discrimination.

Now look at Mormons. They're more inbred than your average Anglo/German-American: they're almost always a nasty sort of blonde or red-headed, they have close-set eyes, are probably congenitally deluded, and have low IQ's. No one shaped their inbreeding and now they're Deliverance people forever. Amish and Mennonites seem to have fared better, but they're certainly not winning any awards for achievements in mathematics, literature, medecine, etc.

The word catholic isn't in the KJV

Ummm.... don't Amish usually shy away from photographs?

>on the one hand they seem like they live godly lives. On the other hand there's nothing in the bible that says you have to dress like its the 19th century and shun modern technology.

Why do people feel the need to talk without knowing anything about what they talk about? The major reason for "shunning" technology is that the parts can't be solely constructed within the community and therefore makes them dependent upon outsiders. There's reasons for almost all articles of their clothing that have more reason than being from the "19 century".

2 Corinthians 6:17 "therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you."

>A reality show on TLC
>At all accurate

They're not an ethnic group by choice, it just sort of ended up that way. When they were in Germany and the other parts of europe they inevitably had to migrate to, anyone could technically join but you wouldn't know about em, because they were really secretive after the anabaptists at munster got massacred. Even when they finally hit Protestant Country USA, they were still scared of getting the wrong end of a flaming torch, so they still kept to themselves.
Now it's tradition/

Don't have any experience with Mennonites but the Amish have a ton of problems with sexual abuse inside their communities. That and if you need to buy weed in central PA the Amish are probably a good bet.

Hutterites are cool though. Drive cars, shop at Costco, use mechanized equipment and even use the internet, while also living communally. They're also generally down to barter if you ask. The wine they make (which you have to trade for, they can't sell it to you) is delicious but gives you GNARLY hangovers.

>they're almost always a nasty sort of blonde or red-headed, they have close-set eyes, are probably congenitally deluded, and have low IQ's.
What the fuck? None of that is even true. The only ones who are legitimately inbred are the super cultists like the FLDS.

>On January 2, 2017, Sister Frances Carr died aged 89 at the Sabbathday community, leaving only two remaining Shakers: Brother Arnold Hadd, age 58 and Sister June Carpenter, 77.

There's also the weird black guy in pic related that was hanging around; I don't know if he left or was never allowed to take the pledge

Keegan-Michael Key's career has really gone downhill recently.

Thinks he will be let into the next paradise after fucking up this one.

fuk u demiurge

I'm not Christian.
I see them as curiosities that don't do anyone any harm. It's fun that they exist.
Take, for example, Pikhtinsk Hollanders.
A bunch of Dutch settlers who live in some remote Siberian villages and speak Ukrainian-Polish pidgin.

Ironic considering they'll go there.

>but the Amish have a ton of problems with sexual abuse inside their communities.
So does every community.

They're based and wise to the evils of industrial civilization.

They are descended from the Anabaptists, which both Protestants and Catholics persecuted.

Scripturally, there is a lot wrong with them (focuses on works instead of God's grace) but at least they keep to themselves.

Mormons and JWs are something else though, they are actual cults and heretics.

all protestants are heretics

The RCC is an apostate, corrupt, devil's den.

Protestants brought back the pure light of true Christianity that Paul preached to the early churches.

Bible > your man-made pagan traditions

>thinks the bible isn't the perennial tradition mixed with man made traditions.
I am laffin.

There is no perennial tradition, doofus.

RCC doesn't teach anymore. Your "vicars of Christ" changed their mind in the 60s. Time to get with the times.

>Thinks traditional Catholicism isn't a thing

>slightly less heretical than the modern Catlicks

Why don't you just read the Bible instead?

The Bible is the most anti-Catholic book in existence, especially the book of Revelation which identifies the Papacy as the Antichrist beast system.

It's a "thing" which is in disobedience to your "infallible" church. You don't actually believe in the church as it exists, but the one you want to exist in your head. Pope Francis will be celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation this year in Germany. But hey, bury your head in the sand and pretend Vatican II didn't happen.

oh yes the moral highground of protestants
the same protestants that killed more than the Inquisition because any parish could acuse someone of witchcraft and kill them, resulting in thousands of dead gingers
the same protestants that in France even after the King gave freedom of worship, everytime they became majority in a city they would become violent against the Church and normal catholics
the same protestants that cry tyranny when the St Bartholomew Massacre ocurred to prevent protestants take over and upscale their violence on the populace while catholics were murdered in Great Britain

Approximately 60 million Christians were burned, tortured and killed by the Roman Catholics.

..And those are modern estimates.

Wow it seems like this entire Christianity thing is more trouble than it's worth.

Sure thing, Papist.

It is when you are forced to defend an institutional body with an extremely checkered past. Thankfully that isn't necessary.

Not even Catholic, I'm just not retarded enough to buy protestant nonsense.

What nonsense? That Scripture actually has the authority that it claims that it has?

Not an argument.

>Approximately 60 million Christians were burned, tortured and killed by the Roman Catholics.

This nonsense. Total bunk and clearly so to anyone with an ounce of historical literacy.

One doesn't even have to touch the theological mess to show you're full of shit.

>a rogue political order within the Church represents catholics

yes because several Popes haven't been against the jesuits and some even murdered

stay mad heretic scum

As in, "the Amish have a well-documented trend of girls in families being sexually abused by their fathers and brothers with impunity due to their insular nature and outside perception making them extremely unlikely to talk to police and the police extremely unlikely to do or be able to do anything about it, even if the young women come forward or seek help." It's a serious and super-depressing problem, and it's fairly unique from sexual abuse in the greater culture due to the special cultural status the Amish enjoy.

Anything about persecution is a red herring. If Catholicism is correct then that means nothing. It is an issue of theology and early church history.

Current Pope is a Jesuit. Oops.

the german palpatine was blackmailed into resigning with threats of a massive pedophilia scandle so that the jesuit could become Pope, but I doubt it will last, many members of the Church are becomig hostil of his support of mass migration and the islamization of europe

>Bible > your man-made pagan traditions
What "Bible"?

Here comes the "we decided what books were in the Bible" gimmick, which will ignore the fact that the Catholic Church did not issue an official canon until the 16th century.

Only encountered Amish and I'd rather take 9000 million of them as a neigbour than a single Muhammedian or general American nigger (Veeky Forums and /pol/ might except Orthodox Jews also).

If you don't count some consumer electronics, faint religious beliefs and no longer any immident family, I don't see how my life is much different. I work the land with two of my horses instead of a tractor. I'm also a welder, but I don't really depend on that job, it provides some pocket change for /g/.

>more than the Inquisition
Should that mean something? Because Inqivisitors didn't do shit, especially when you compare it to any revolutionary group of the 19th or 20th century.

So... what "Bible"?

The one utilized by the Church, including the Jews prior to Christ. The New Testament is universally agreed upon. The Old Testament is that which was used by the Jews.

Textus Receptus, majority Greek text which was perfected in the English language through the Authorized Version (now known as the King James Version).

Meanwhile Catholics use corrupt, gnostic texts found in a garbage can in Egypt.

>The New Testament is universally agreed upon
You mean 27 books accepted and proclaimed by the pagan emperor Constantine during a council he ordered and controlled? In 325 AC? 300 years after Christ and the Apostles?

>The Old Testament is that which was used by the Jews
You mean Masoretic Texts from between 7th to 10th century AC? 700 to 1000 years after Christ and the Apostles?

>Greek text which was perfected in the English language through the Authorized Version
>Greek Text
>perfected
>in the English language

>Greek text
>Perfected
>English

>what are translations
>what are hard-working diligent scholars who were familiar with the Greek language?
>who is Erasmus?
>what are lexicons?

>Translation that perfected the original
>Done by people
>The people
>Including Catholic Erasmus

>. I dress in the attire of my ancestors and worship the same expansive pantheon of heathen gods.

Do you wear fur clothes and make human sacrifice to Wodan ?