Effective mining rig for under $1000

I am planning on setting up a 6 gpu mining rig and am looking the 1050 ti. The only issue is these cards do not allow for aux power supply and get it all from the mb. Would i risk burning something out if I got an ASRok mb capable of holding 6 gpu's?

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/?p=calc
whattomine.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use powered risers and you should have no problems, having asrock mobo with molex support on mobo helps too.

You need powered risers or you will 100% burn the motherboard.

Also why do that when you can get 2 1070s? Scale that further later on.

How much would a setup like the one pictured cost and how much hashing power would it produce?
I'm moving to a developing country that runs on hydro so electricity is less than 1c/kwh and internet is like $30US per month unlimited

There's 10 gpus on each rack in this image, for 60 total gpus

Assuming they're something like a gtx 1070 (best nvidia price/performance and actually are available unlike amd cards), nicehash.com/?p=calc gives earnings of $160 per card per month, or $9660 per month in total after 1c/kwh electricity cost. ROI is 74 days. Make it 80 if you include all the risers and motherboards and PSUs. This is current, inflated/bubble pricing and will go down in time.

This value has been consistent for about a month, though.

Is it possible to mine profitably with RX 580s (6 per rig) with 0.13 USD per kWh price? Ethereum could also possibly switch to PoS. Are there any implications of this?

Why not calculate the ROI yourself?

You'd have to switch to mining a coin that uses proof of work still.

Thanks. Is there anything more efficient than RX 580s for cryptomining that is available on sale? I've read that RX 580s are superior to RX 4xx in dual mining. Is that true?
Taking ethereum -> PoS is it better to stick with AMDs? Aren't NVidia cards better for mining other hashes?

amds for eth, nvidia for zcash mostly

I haven't got a rig yet. Should I invest now in 1070s or wait for rx 480/470s to come back in stock?

Any ideas when that might be anyways?

Thanks very much user! I really appreciate that detailed breakdown. You're a legend :)

Can anyone answer this based user?

As far as I am aware, don't hold your breath. The manufacturing has switched to RX 5xx line.

Come, make a ''Roll'' in the Veeky Forums Rolling Game.

>6x GTX 1050 Ti
I'd rather get 3~4 R9 480.

6 gpu system is worse than 2 3 gpu systems actually...it's better to get 2 of those than pile on 6...

6 gpu's aren't nearly as effective, and your hash rate starts going less actually

If you take all the pieces into account Mobo, PSU, ram, frame, risers, CPU wouldn't it make a lower barrier of entry to mine on 6 x GPU systems. Also do you have a source for your claim?

but how? as i understand it all the parts of the computer are seperate, and the hashrate would only suffer if you didnt have adequate power. But that would make the hashrate dependant on the power supply and not the amount of GPUs right?

That is true, dont know why but my rigs had that problem. Now i'm keeping 3 cards per rig.

Bumping because good thread.
I have access to a work server Xeon 2640 v4 that I want to use the cycles overnight to mine. What should I mine or is this not a good CPU for anything? All I've found on dr google is Monero but surely there has to be something else.
Also it's not in the nice has calculator or any other I can find.

thinking of getting 5x rx550 4gb ti setup, the only gpu available. my electricity is free

I am looking at ~250e a month, which is enough to pay rent and shit...

pays of in 2 months.

Thoughts?

RX550 is a waste of time for mining, for radeons buy rx470/570 minimum, for nvidia GTX 1050/1050 TI makes sense, but counterpart for amd does not.

there is literally no way to buy them around where I live, everything is soldout in advance.

what do you mean by waste of time? I am not looking to get rich, want to see it as a hobby with small cash flowing in

why does 1050 make sense? they have the same hashing power don't they?

What are the alternatives for videocards if the most popular choices are sold out everywhere?

RX550 simply doesn't scale the same way. GTX 1050 makes sense because of algos that are much better on nvidia hardware, like lbry, equihash, lyra2re, skein and maybe others. For radeons you are more reliant on ethash and eth performance on RX550 is very poor, I believe only around 6.5 mh

Currently the best card to buy for mining within reasonable avaliability is GTX 1070, however even those are starting to run dry quickly at least around here. But like i said, anything between GTX 1050 and GTX 1080 TI is a reasonable buy, just mine any of the above mentioned algos and you should be good.

thanks for the response, appreciated

Which country you are migrating to user?

was GPU mining viable before bubble ~4 months ago?

I started november last year and it was profitable then, although profit was much much lower. Lowest daily profit was around 8$, currently hovering around 100$ with the exact same hardware.

What should be mined to reach those levels?

I didn't know mining could be so profitable. All I've heard around here is very mixed results with it. Anywhere from over a hundred to 8 dollars a day is generally what I've heard about.

Depends on your hardware, many choices at this point. Consider eth, etc, exp(+dual mine sc/dcr) zec, lbry, dgb, there's probably more to pick from.

whattomine.com

I started a thread about mining but I think it's close to 404 so I'll ask here.

>using two 1080tis, do I use the NiceHash mining pools and generate 20 shekels a day or do I mine Zcash? I feel like Zcash would imply a higher risk but higher reward depending on where the price goes, correct?