Would Christianism still be relevant if the Romans never adopted and make it their state religion?

Would Christianism still be relevant if the Romans never adopted and make it their state religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorian_Schism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waraka_ibn_Nawfal
answering-islam.org/Silas/suicide.htm
books.google.com.eg/books?id=x1k1CwAAQBAJ&pg=PT5744&lpg=PT5744#v=onepage&q&f=false
islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/BBwaraqa.html
answering-islam.org/Quran/Sources/waraqa.html
britannica.com/biography/Waraqah-ibn-Nawfal
britannica.com/topic/hanif#ref193530
britannica.com/biography/Muhammad/The-advent-of-the-revelation-and-the-Meccan-period#ref257621
youtube.com/watch?v=aFIJJQyGgOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tell you that thou art Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it
Yes, it would be

Early Christians were resilient motherfuckers, so probably, but, of course, nowhere near the relevance it has now, or had. Though, the best thing about that alternate timeline would have been no Islam.

Not to the same degree, but it'd likely have stuck around. Much like the Jews, they seemed strangely hard to quash.
Unlike the Jews though, a lot of them had a literal deathwish.

Nah it'd be like a meme near eastern gnostic religion like mandaeism.

Perhaps Veeky Forums would have liked it then and want to convert in order to be a contrarian.

>anything remotely civilized
>existing without Christianity
kek

Madaeans still exist though so I guess I'm saying yes.

>implying the jews hadn't already spread to arabia felix

it was too late

desu islam probably spreads harder if it has more pagans to convert or die

Jews are cancer.

I think it would most likely have a smaller following, kind of like Paganism and/or Judaisim

Islam was invented by a disgruntled Nestorian priest.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorian_Schism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waraka_ibn_Nawfal

It's not mentioned in the wikipedia article (of course), but it's well known that Muhammed couldn't come up with Quranic "revelations" once Waraka Ibn Nawfal died, then he tried to commit suicide.

answering-islam.org/Silas/suicide.htm

Arabic source:
books.google.com.eg/books?id=x1k1CwAAQBAJ&pg=PT5744&lpg=PT5744#v=onepage&q&f=false

nice credulous hypothesis but two wikipedia articles and some asshole's book in mudspeak are hardly compelling pieces of evidence

islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/BBwaraqa.html
answering-islam.org/Quran/Sources/waraqa.html
britannica.com/biography/Waraqah-ibn-Nawfal

t. Constantine

Look I may be Christian too but thats just plain wrong.

> Britannica does not currently have an article on this topic.

just lol your googlefu is 2/10 see me after class

excuse me while I research this subject on your own without your dumbass

You fucked it up. How do you screw up making a case like Islam ripped off of other people and then screw the entire timeline? Mohammad tried to kill himself, and that guy died, before Mohammad even started the Quran. He merely preached his form of monotheism. After he gained a following is when he started ripping stories from those priests, Jews, fucking up and using Talmudic/Jewish and Christian fables and mistakenly attributing them to the holy texts, etc.

This isn't hard. Learn some shit, nigger. Especially when you try to make a case.

britannica.com/topic/hanif#ref193530
britannica.com/biography/Muhammad/The-advent-of-the-revelation-and-the-Meccan-period#ref257621

moron

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

Warka has been around for most of Muhammed's life, and nearly 2/3 of the Quran was "revealed" during his life.

No, it wasn't. Because the guy had said he would follow Mohammad if he ever lived to see him become a spiritual leader. He didn't live that long. He was the guy that convinced Mohammad he wasn't possessed because he said he spoke like ye olden prophets. Then Mohammad tried to kill himself a bunch of times with Gabriel apparently stopping him until he got revelation and started preaching. And then began Islam's long history of just in time revelations, poorly done rip offs of Christianity and Jewish beliefs, fucking up the sources, and a bunch of other weird shit.

I don't know how you fucked up a case this easy to make. Pretty sure other Arabs at the time accused him of this shit, talking to others and then suddenly those ideas are in the Quran. He wasn't getting it from the dude you're claiming because he was dead. And was apparently just Christian. Mohammad probably spoke to Nestorians and other religious groups, but to call it a Nestorian plot or attribute it to anything other than Mohammad ripping off from anyone he could so he could pander to them for followers earlier on is absurd.

Wouldn't it be kind of exclusive to Armenia if the Romans continued persecuting it until their fall? Would it even have turned from being a Jewish sect into it's own distinct faith?

You are relying on mainstream Islamic sources for assessment. If you've actually read accounts of early muslim reverts/apostates you'll see just how often Warqa is cited as the source of Muhammed's material.

I don't have the time to find english sources at the moment, this video is subtitled though (just keep in mind that it's a Christian channel, so they are trying to distance him)..

youtube.com/watch?v=aFIJJQyGgOQ

>Christianism
Retarded word play, bruh.

>bruh
Fuck off, nigga