So can someone explain what Nihilism is to a retard?

So can someone explain what Nihilism is to a retard?

What's the point?

The belief that there is no inherent meaning to existence

The philosophical dead end you hit if you don't believe in God and actually have the courage to see that view to it's logical end conclusion

angry teenager with family problems

I don't get it

Because there no real reason why not make yourself happy.

"I just want to childishly goof around until I get old and have nothing and regret being a retard" the philosophy

Basically, if there isn't a point to anything... live it up.

>y goof around until I get old and have nothi

Its not a philosophical end m9.

You realize life is pointless so you either become a beta fagget crybabe or you decide to make your own goals since there is no inherent goal for life.

It seems to be assuming that material things can make you happy though, and we know for a fact they don't. Maybe accumulation of wealth can stop the terrible existential thoughts from consuming you in the short term, but you can't run away from reality forever

You don't have to run away from reality forever, only until you die, or whatever goal you make up is accomplished. Besides, it isn't running away from reality, it's accepting it and working within it.

spoken like a cocksucker who has never known true poverty. money sure as shit can buy happiness messer

1st frame = nihilism in theory
2nd frame = nihilism in practice

The person in the 1st frame just views nihilism as an interesting philosophy and likes to talk about it.

The person in the 2nd frame actually is a nihilist, to them nihilism is like one of the laws of physics. They don't debate whether they should make money, they just do it, the same way they would put bread in the toaster if they wanted toast or put on a sweater if they felt cold, 1+1=2.

They don't even need to know what nihilism is because, as says, nihilism is having no belief in the meaning of life, they could simply lack the belief and that would suffice.

Money can't buy happiness, but it does buy opportunity. Opportunity yields fulfillment, and fulfillment yields happiness.

Mostly a slur used against 19th century intellectuals who were regarded as irreligious. When folks finally took to calling themselves nihilists, in russia, it wasn't necessarily from "vee vuleev in naazing lebowski" and more "we want to bring down the entirety of russian society, including the theological bits."

Life has no inherent meaning. Universal ethical laws don't exist. So why not act only in self-interest?

The conclusion of nihilism is basically to maximize personal gain and pleasure by taking advantage of what is given to you. Allow others to believe universal ethics exists so that they continue to make sacrifices for the "common good." Meanwhile the nihilist attempts to sacrifice as little as possible to the "common good" while simultaneously benefiting from it as much as possible. For this reason, it's actually better for nihilists the less nihilists there are.

Like I said before, it's a very self-interested way of thinking. It goes pretty well with capitalism or any system in which people can legally exploit each other for profit.

No it can't. Once you get to the point where you can pay for basic necessities extra money is just a novelty. You cannot attain a true and lasting happiness through money because money cannot buy what gives true and lasting happiness, it can only buy things that will keep your mind off it for a while

>true and lasting happiness
Chasing phantoms.

So far nihilism is hedonism but also machiavellian. Whatever.

Sounds almost like that punchline was too easy. You wouldn't be OP, would you?

It's the "tfw to smart for x" meme as a framework for viewing life

It's also cancerous trash that you should step over desu

The world doesn't have any meaning, just be yourself.

Ve believe in nossing Leboski