Is theocracy the best form of government?

Is theocracy the best form of government?

It's literally just "rule by the wise". And unlike aristocratic leaders who are rarely actually the best, or democratic leaders who rarely actually represent their people theocratic leaders usually are wise.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Iran
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"no"

It's literally just a dictatorship with the leader wearing priest robes.

Yes.

Unless God literally talks to every citizen and gives his demands directly, it's not a real theocracy

Yeah but dictatorships are pretty good too and theocracies enhance them by ensuring the dictators are well educated in philosophy, law and morality.

Not to mention Iran is partly democratic as well.

No. Mossadegh was based as fuck and his Iranian state would have been GOAT by now if the Brits and Yankees didn't overthrow him. Their actions directly led to the Iranian revolution and its strict theocracy. It's another case in a long history of Anglos ruining the world.

My country was a borderline theocracy for most of its existence. The church wielded a massive amount of power, more than the government in some areas (mainly healthcare and education specifically). In fact, to this day, all schoolteachers in the national education system are technically employed by the archbishop of [capital], and it's almost impossible to enrol an unbaptised child into a state school.
I do not think this is a good system of government. Our people were known for a long time for their small-mindedness, superstitious nature and blind adherence to religious authority. Such a strong influence of the church in state affairs invariably leads to massive social and sexual repression, widespread censorship and abuses of power by the religious authorities (sexual abuse of children springs to mind). All of this happened in my country, and we're still reeling from it. You can probably guess where I'm from, and before someone asks, yes I am butthurt

>dictatorships are pretty good too
"no"

Theocracies have been universally shittier governments, even worse than monarchy.

This is why Iran does it right and Christfags do it wrong.

Over there they just hang sexual degenerates from cranes rather than letting them be priests.

But Iran is based.

I assume you meant to reply to me. That's a bit of a moot point, because as I can tell paedophilia is widely accepted in Iran as long as the girl is married
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Iran

pedophilia is accepted in Western institutions as well. Just covered up.

Paedophilia in cases of rape is punishable by death in Iran.

>as long as the girl is married
tbqh this makes sense. Western law on child sexuality is absolutely draconian whilst Iran has a fairly reasonable marriage age of 15 that's allowed to be flexible in certain circumstances. That is logical. Declaring every 18 year old with a 17 year old girlfriend a rapist is not.

*as far as I can tell
There's a bit of a difference between people in positions of power abusing children and getting away with it, and the state actually providing marriage exemptions to circumvent its already rather low age of consent
You're not wrong, but if you read the article I quoted they let girls get married as young as 10, and a handful even younger than that

But Operation Ajax made Iranians hate the United States, when they once looked to Americans as examples of democracy. If the US and UK didn't overthrow a democracy to curb the potential for communism - which was a retarded idea the Dulles brothers jumped on, and in reality was a dirty Anglo trick to regain their control on Iranian petrol - they could have become a westernized ally in the Middle East; and maybe radical Islam wouldn't have escalated as it did. Truman was too wise to go for it, but once Eisenhower took office he let the CIA have pretty much free range in the Middle East and that fucked it up.

>Rule by the wise
>Not Aristocracy

Theocracy was bad form of government

>It's literally just "rule by the wise"
It was literally just "rule of priest class"

>You're not wrong, but if you read the article I quoted they let girls get married as young as 10, and a handful even younger than that
I know. But those are decided on a case by case basis by the courts which is the sensible thing to do;

You're not automatically allowed to marry 10 year olds. But the law as it should allows itself to be flexible.

>
But they're right to do that. The United States actually is evil and every government on Earth should condemn it.

>westernized
This is not desirable. Faustian civilization is dead.

Who tend to be wise people.

Iran is literally the coolest most based country on earth who dont even take a shit if they dont have to

>believes Oswald Spergler's thesis
West is in trouble but Spergler was wrong about too many things historically.

>live a life of devotion to a non existent sky god
>wise

Spengler was wrong about a lot of things, this is true. But he was right about one thing in particular and that is western civilization is a decaying husk that's long passed the point of no return.

There is absolutely no moral substance in the west anymore, it's only a matter of time before it eats itself from the inside out and that process has long since started.

"oh no the west is dying" has been said since the west was a thing. Nothing is dying, everything transforms.

Yes. If you belive in God, then you must logically consider theocracy to be the best form of government simce God-made laws are obviously superior to man-made laws.

>sexual abuse of children springs to mind
I think that's because of the celibacy meme. Should just let priests marry already.

>following a set of rules some random faggot made up is wise.

>God
>some random faggot

"Following a set of rules some random faggot made up" is literally the definition of secularism

How is it wrong?

At one point the west literally controlled the entire planet and now the only western country capable of anything resembling this is America whilst Europe gets colonized by the third world.