How did women become convinced that a career was more important than a family?

How did women become convinced that a career was more important than a family?

let me guess what you want to hear: jews, liberals, sluts, or whatever it is you people are now blaming for being a loser

>Put masculine values/traits such as ambition, worth ethic, respect, honor, reason, and competition on a pedestal
>Pidgeonhole women into the nurturing, caregiver/teacher role and deprive them of the means to be independent
>Suddenly women are able to join the workforce, more careers open up for them, and they are able to chase whatever dream job they wish

It's really not a mystery.

>Put masculine values/traits such as ambition, worth ethic, respect, honor, reason, and competition on a pedestal

But women in the workforce don't actually display any of those traits...

Hippies.

M' liege!
*tips fedora*

Once again you have dropped your infinite wisdom upon us lowly squires.

Capitalists.

Capitalists did it for profit.

It got more difficult to raise a family with one income.

When families got too expensive.

Have you been with a military woman?

Women will take advantage of everything without the qualms that a lot of men have.

Being deployed? Oops I'm pregnant.
You need me to help carry that? Sorry I'm weaker than at least 90% of men.

Women in the workplace today are sheep so that upper management can have a stock of mistresses to cheat with.

I was in navy specops, and we would have techs deploy with us. So people who set up comms stuff and shit. Our phrase for the females were, "two is one, one is none". Meaning while getting ready for deployment you better train two people to do a job because the woman will get pregnant.

*huffs onto monocle before rubbing it against his brocaded waistcoat*

'Twas but a trifle my good sir, an idle bon mot! No need for such obsequious flattery!

Cultural Marxism

THis, the vast majority of women's jobs-HR, PR, nursing, teaching, etc are literal meme jobs invented for women.

Do you honestly think the company will collapse without someone updating the fb page?

Yes, and those traits are for men. Why would women want to emulate men?

>I was in navy specops

where the fuck does this tumblr tier shits come from?
Its not even an argument, its just typical Twitter sjw mocking
are we being raided?

Group ONE was my last command.

Women have been working outside of the home for a long time, even in what passes for education in school one learns about the women in textile factories in the 19th century for example, and even before that in textiles women were extensively involved. The male breadwinner role has not been the eternal model - although certainly it has existed - without variance and change throughout history. Women have often had to work in formal employment too. In the Anglo-Saxon countries this simply tends to be forgotten and an idealized image of the past constructed. In 1948 in the US 32% of women worked, in 2017 it is 56%. That is a difference of course, but plenty of women worked in the past, just as plenty of women do not work in the present.

It is also furthermore important to note that while women in the past might not have been part of the formal economy, house-work before modern appliances was grinding, exhausting, extensive work. They still worked very hard as a result. As this informal work has decline, naturally formal work has taken its place, although there has always been the double-burden of this which has fallen on working women, where they must both do the various house making roles, and their formal working jobs.

It doesn't matter, cultures that fell for the feminism meme will be replaced by cultures that haven't.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>teaching and nursing are meme jobs
These are like the fundamental underpinnings of society and of its medical system, they're definitely not "meme jobs"

That's a good point.

Unfortunately in our miserable state of affairs, women compete with men and because "women" or something, they often get the upper hand in getting hired (esp. if they're hot).

I remember trying to apply for a state IT job and going through several interviews and being shown around by the manager.

They hired a chinese chick with boobs but little practical experience other than for-profit college classes on desktop applications.

*rips out hair*

Teaching in America is a meme job unless you go to a private school or home school.

I could not think of a more inefficient system to train students. But it's not merely "inefficient", it's a corrupt leviathan that wastes massive amounts of money on administrative costs.

Tech companies are bending over backwards to hire female IT/coders right now.

>teachers are pointless because they cash a cheque from the government instead of cashing a cheque from parents going into debt to send lil Johnny to kindergarten

why do people like you exist

Because government run schools are corrupt, waste money, and the precious childhood and adolescence of children who could learn a lot more in both academics and pragmatic skills?

and not only that but they function as plutocratic daycares where the lowly worker is free to...work.

Glorified fucking daycare 'till the age of 18.

>the scope of his argument gets narrower and narrower

Has it ever occurred to you that you have meme opinions that you can only justify by looking at less and less of your initial argument?

I'm not the original guy. Here's my posts.
and this one obv.

>lets empower women!
>by making them act more like men
at what age did you realise the way feminism was implemented was an utter sham?

You know what private schools have? Teachers. Your initial argument was that teaching was a meme job, now it is that it is a meme job unless if you happen to be a teacher at a private school. It sounds to me like you're not actually of the opinion that teachers are a meme job, you're just a normal edgy ancap.

Schools serve a vital function for imposing social control on the masses from above. The daycare function which is much criticized is an absolutely vital part of their role, they impose at least some discipline and order on students, even if this increasingly deteriorates. Schools disseminate and create a common set of principles, and even if students rebel against these, simply the act of creating these as something to be rebelled against is vital for solidifying social control. Not every school, furthermore, is an inner city school, and there are some which do provide an education to their students. The lack of compulsory, enforced education, would lead to social chaos as society at the bottom increasingly dissolves into a disordered mess, instead of being ordered and regimented by the school. Teachers form the vital element in this application.

Private school teachers operate under a regime that is usually far more competent than a public elementary, middle, high, etc.

It's nice that you have an ideal picture of the schools serving a vital function.

The problem is that compulsory schooling creates its own problems in the form of being incompetent that a kid has to go to a college for a chance to learn hirable skills.

And schools BRING TOGETHER disorderly elements who see how rigged and stupid their whole society is.

But I must confess, this is based on the experience of public schools in Los Angeles.

So you take the worst schools in the country and apply them to all public schools, while accusing a profession of being a "meme job" when only part of it works in the system you despise.

You can make plenty of critiques of schools and of teachers, but calling teachers as a whole a "meme job" is ridiculous.

Also in response to your proposals most people if there wasn't compulsory schooling would just end up without any skills whatsoever, the vast majority would not improve themselves in any way, but would be even more content to stagnate and not learn anything. You're setting an artificially high bar for the vast majority of humanity.

I can speak with personal experience, I was home schooled for a period of time and I did nothing but play video games.

Not just men. Gay men. Frequent casual sex with any partner you want. The pill made it possible; abortion made it bulletproof.

All women have to do to act like gay men is to be willing to kill their own children.

>Also in response to your proposals most people if there wasn't compulsory schooling would just end up without any skills whatsoever, the vast majority would not improve themselves in any way, but would be even more content to stagnate and not learn anything. You're setting an artificially high bar for the vast majority of humanity.

There's more sensible ways to prevent "idle hands", so to speak. My view is that a "transitional" generation would have a lot of fuckups to a new system but would be less fucked up in the long run than modern schools.

>all public schools

You can apply this to most "seminars", "classes"", or whatever the government pops out.

>I was home schooled for a period of time and I did nothing but play video games.

Lucky.

Double the workforce, make wages more competitive, sell more to families that now "technically" have more.

Capitalism, you can't lose.

Nursing is a meme job. In Australia we cut the amount of nurses in hospitals and replaced them with "wardenmen" or wardies.

They basically do all the labour aspects of the nurses jobs now. Flipping, cleaning and moving patients as well as cleaning rooms etc. Why pay an educated nurse to do all that shit anyway?

My jobs is to tell them where to go and what to do there. It takes twice as many women to do a job a man can do in half the time. Women also suck at flipping and moving patients so men need to be sent.

Not to mention the drama.

Women in educatiion is also a meme job. Women have been caught giving better grades to girls in their classes than boys. We're not talking about meme bias that somehow causes girls to not like traditionally make subjects. I'm talking about female teachers grading boys more harshly than girls. This could either be malicious or women just holding males to a higher standard themselves.

Its also true that children learn better and enjoy a class more with a male teacher. Male teachers also tend to be better educated. In Australia to be a high school teacher requires a higher level of education than a primary school one. There are very few male primary school teachers. In high school male to femake teachers is about 50:50 in my experience.

I think women should be allowed to work but I feel that the standards we hold people to are diminished when women are involved. If they can do the job to the same standard as a man let them. I am however against lowering standards of work ethic and requirements to accommodate people.

I am probably biased myself. It irks me to see two people doing drastically different amounts if work being paid the same.

>tfw can't find a job and just kinda gave up; work as a bartender for three shifts a week taking home about 400 bucks a week in cash
>gf has some low stress HR meme job at a hospital making $85k a year spending half her day playing candy crush
>she gives me money to spend on liquor and vidya

maybe the matriarchy isn't so bad after all

Men used to be able to work at a factory making good money right out of high school. The rise of automation and outsourcing these jobs has made them either disaper or become alot less paying. Not to mention how now to get a high paying job people need a university degree and a good amount of experience

feminism

Because who the fuck wants to work at a factory when they don't have to? Men don't and women sure as shit don't either. It's not exactly an enthralling way to spend your life.

slept through the 2016 election did we?

Those people think they have to, because no other opportunities exist there and they remember when those jobs were worth a damn. But they're not now for the most part (unless you have extensive training to do higher level manufacturing, which most of those people do not)

Does the idea that there are so many people content with tightening a bolt for eight hours a day really frighten you so?

>Private school teachers operate under a regime that is usually far more competent...
absolutely not. private school teachers actually get terrible pay compared to public school teachers. you know why? they aren't as well qualified as public school teachers because they don't have the same collective bargaining rights. I predict you'll go "muh unions" "muh overpaid teachers" "muh pensions", but I still support them getting higher pay all the same for a highly taxing job. private school teachers, on the other hand, are paid in peanuts, liable to get fired at any time and are considered expendable if the private school's profits get threatened. And that last part is crucial, because private schools are businesses. Theyre run for profit by their managers, who wouldn't have trouble slashing afterschool programs or building cheap cramped school space if they can fill their own pockets. Besides that, there's the fact that private schools sees their students and parents as customers. A parent sees the bills for private school as a transaction for which their child should get good grades. So if a parent complains that her child deserved a better grade, the administrators will do that to appease the parent. What results is a lack of standards to accomodate students who don't want to do the hard work of studying. Teachers also become afraid to assign hard work out of fear that parents will complain.

>because*
I mean to start a new sentence saying "they alos don''t have the same.."

>Men don't
We do. It makes a shitload of money, same as coal mining.

i actually agree with this. i'm probably never going to do a factory job ever, but in my opinion i'd actually prefer someone profit off my physical labor than my mental labor. Mental labor is taxing in its own way and while this sounds neetist, is a kind of totalitarianism. When you give over your mind to some corporation you're thinking for someone else instead of exploring one's own thoughts and feelings. At least in a monotonous job i can daydream and think about random stuff. I've come to appreciate the freedom of thinking nothing or letting my mind do whatever it wants.

Career is genuinely more important than a family for anybody.
There's already too many people on earth so procreation is unimportant and undesirable.

Not every woman wants to have a kid.

>people see /pol/ being mocked
>they assume the opposite must be ok.

The more people that exist combined with the less farm hands needed to provide food for the population results in inflation of the worth of human life.

So naturally, you have to make as much money as possible and maximize work hours so you don't end up a homeless person in the richest country on earth. Divide what you still have by your surviving children and suddenly being a stay at home mom is worse off for your kids than working.

Middle-class wealth of a Mother and Father divided by 3 children who survive you and you have 3 lower-class children who can't get the same kinds of jobs that the parents did because of automation and improvements to efficiency in industry.

That's like saying "not every woman wants to eat"
It's a very basic biological urge.

The right to choose. That's it.

>Too many people in third world countries*
Most people only work to support families

I think you'll find that the majority of them completely drop their career when they start having babies.
A lot of them never come back either.

It may be, but most people are above shoving slop into their faces until they explode, right?

It's also a very basic biological function to stop breeding once population has reached a certain point. Look up the rest utopia study. Interesting shit. If rats react like this then why should we be shocked if humans do the same?

>Does the idea that there are so many people content with tightening a bolt for eight hours a day really frighten you so?

Thomas Jefferson would say yes, the idea of wage labor is unfitting to free men.

Thomas "I own two million acres and fuck all of my slaves" Jefferson looked down on wages earners? You don't say.

Rat utopia. Whoops. I'm drunk. It was something like "behavior sink". It's been a while since I read the study itself, but it's quoted often. Behavioral sink. That's what it was. You might find it cool. So many gay rats. So many. Gay. Rats.

They breed so much because of worse life conditions.
When child death is not a tragedy but a meatter of course, you'd better make more children, or you won't pass your genes.
In developed countries, one or two children will suffice. You can import immigrants to support genetic diversity.
Also, less developed nations are also more religious.

Yeah. People who worked in factories were seen as unvirtuous people who should move back to England since they hate freedom so much. Real men owned their own property.

Numbers weren't the issue. The rats having nothing to strive for, and thus having no place in "mouse society", was the issue. Numbers didn't mean anything because even once the numbers went back down they didn't recover. It wasn't a comment on overpopulation (though that is an issue), but rather the effects on a being who does not have to strive for anything like food, a role in society, breeding partners, etc. And if you note, the things the mice did aren't seen in Africa or actual overpopulated areas, but can be seen in the west or other areas where development is high and everyone is relatively well off.

Women don't think. They're the slave gender. The do whatever they're told. So basically, what really radically changed women was the invention of the birth control pill, which actually enabled them to transcend the restrictions of their gender. The workforce opened to them because it was economically viable, it would have to happen eventually, our lives are ruled by two things: technology and the economy.

Feminists control the narrative to make working outside the house as a goal and superior. They normalize the concept through media, and now women are expected to go through college, so they do so. Men have grown weak, instead of them leading their women, feminists, the state and the media are leading women. A sad state of affairs. I think this is all the result of the death of the humanities. People don't know what they truly want from life, or what they should pursuit. Instead, ideologues tell them what to pursuit. Sad.

It's also relatively decently earning, that's the best part. The starting salary for a generic coal miner without even a high school degree is 60k, where else would you get that sort of deal? In buttfuck Appalachia where everything is cheap, no less.

Hilarious thing is that many people on the coasts think mining jobs or factory jobs are some minimum wage shit while that's pretty far from being the case, there's a reason why people in the midwest miss those jobs so bad.

Next you're going to tell me all those nice slightly overweight people in the castle considered peasants lower than the shit on the bottom of their shoes.

The population in those countries is exploding BECAUSE of living conditions getting better, those children were dying in the past but now they aren't.
They are the ones that need to adjust themselves.

Dude I said I was drunk. That's why I told them to look it up. I didn't want to give bs information. But yeah, you got the gist of it.

Changing habits takes time etc.

Sure but it's no reason for us to stop breeding.

>all those nice slightly overweight people in the castle considered peasants lower than the shit on the bottom of their shoes.

That was liberal propaganda.

so she can work to financially support the family?

Women are ambitious and hyper competitive.
It's terrifying.

How did men become convinced that a career is more important than a family?

I dunno about you, but I'm under the impression there are far more childless guys that there are childless women, as well that men in general are less wiling to commit and start a family.

Technology made most of the domestic day wasted time.
Households realised you could get twice the income and therefore a more comfortable life.

The nuclear family was a meme that couldn't last anyway,

More like income remained the same, wages halfed, and 15% of the household income evaporated into nannies, maids, dog walkers and after school programs.

Men get careers FOR their families. They work harder when they have children.

If a woman doesn't eat she dies, if a woman doesn't have children she'll live a normal and functional life. Maybe it is a biological urge, but it is on a fundamentally different level of importance and urgency.

It is extremely hard to balance between children and work for many women, in some advanced countries like France, always a leader of civilisation, an effective state infrastructure enables women to continue to work even after having children.

>How did men become convinced that a career is more important than a family?

Men were never given the choice, it has ALWAYS been the responsibility of men to work like niggers to support their wives and children.

The greatest trick the captalists have achieved is in persuading women that woring like a nigger is "freedom" while staying at home and raising kids is "slavery". This has allowed them to steal the increases in productivity from the wages of the workers, because to people working for low wages bring in as much or more than one person working for decent wages.

haha kek you so silly

Liberalism, an ideology obsessed with material egalitarianism and capitalism, an economic system which worships mammon.

They get all the rights of being a male but none of the responsibilities.

Meh. They're given a few a token meme graduations during peace time so they shut the fuck up. Everybody knows it's bullshit and basically PR/realpolitik.

None of that shit would last long during a real war. I hope anyway.

women always worked. the man as sole breadwinner is a meme.
however, what is not a meme is that somehow women are convinced that sitting in a cubicle doing powerpoint is more fun than having kids.

Capitalism rendered single-worker families unsustainable.

Our society is individualist and will continue to be. Some individuals who are women prefer domesticity, other individuals who are women prefer careers. This may change at different parts of their life.

I've never had experience with the incompetent women meme, some of my favorite professors are women. My mother, the smartest person I have ever met, graduated top of her class at the University of Michigan with a degree in business, quit to spend time with me and my sisters (not because she had to, but because she wanted to) and now that we are growing up she is working again. There are poor quality women in job positions they are not meant for yes, and you could argue that our society perpetuates a career path, but only to account for previously forcing all women into a life not all of them were suited for(domesticity). But in general this is a much better outcome than the potentially psychological harm an individual receives when they are thrust into a position they may not be suited for.

Being able to afford stuff is nice. Nobody likes work, but even fewer people like raising childrrn

yes, but's a low-term materialistic view on things. and when it comes to women it goes contrary to what their hormones are saying plus it is a long long time from ca. 40 to death. its even longer when alone.

should this have parentheses?

I think there are two categories-- the actual meme jobs like hr, pr, etc.

And then there are the jobs that women are capable of doing, but that would be done better by men -- teaching, nursing

you dont know much, young padavirgin

classic banter, you really showed me

thanks. dont forget to like, share and follow.

>STOP BEING DISAGREEING WITH ME Veeky Forums IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY PERSONAL ECHOCHAMBER!

> Men get careers for their families

I can't speak for all men but I wanted a career. Odds were I was going to have to work for a living. Seemed like getti g a higher paying job with more autonomy and challenge was the best option.

Family came over a full decade later.

When will neckbeards stop blaming everyone else for their problems?

When entire academic fields revolving around blaming everything on the white male penis patriarchy go the way of the dodo.

>it's not my fault i dont have a job/better job!
>it's not my fault i don't have a gf!

Pathetic.