What is Veeky Forums opinion of Muammar Gaddafi?

I believe he was the best thing for Libya and I doubt Libya will ever truly recapture the success of Gaddafi's administration.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gVMhjRKfpT0
aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/03/2011317645549498.html
google.com/search?q=Gaddafi rape school girls&client=safari&hl=en&biw=320&bih=372&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm4N6AhJjSAhWOHsAKHZOqA28Q_AUIBSgA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_West_Berlin_discotheque_bombing
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545819/Uncovered-The-macabre-sex-chamber-Libyas-Colonel-Gaddafi-raped-girls-boys-young-14.html
huffingtonpost.com/carina-ray/gaddafi-mercenaries_b_983506.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it was so successful, why did the people revolt?

Not trying to say you're wrong. Just want to know what happened.

youtu.be/gVMhjRKfpT0

the UN never recovered from this truth bomb

>he redistributed wealth therefore he's good.

Maybe he should have bombed planes and people would have hated him less just a thought

It's the CIA's fault.

The CIA

Real answer or /pol/ answer?

It has to do with food prices and China.

(((the people)))

all that welfare and nobody is working
>Libya faces many structural problems including a lack of institutions, weak governance, and chronic structural unemployment.

You know Gaddafi has been dead for like 6 years right

kek

And I bet a lot more people are working now.
Also, isn't that quote from the ((((((((((((((((((((IMF))))))))))))))))))))?

>shitskins blaming the failure of shitskin countries on anything and everything other than themselves

Remember kids, if you blow up American soldiers in German nightclubs, Americans and Germans will drop bombs on you until you die with a bowie knife up your ass.

>bomb a country to the stone age
>HAHA OH WOW LOOK AT THIS SHITHOLE NOW

yes
doesnt mean every policy was tossed out

>i-i-it was totally foreign mercenaries revolting against the government guise
>it wasn't that we can't run a country or anything
>the colonialists did this
>look, I even used parentheses, you like parentheses right

Modern Arab politics is "the man who is good for excuses is seldom good for anything else" on a civilizational scale.

Pretty sure it was considering the country fucking vanished overnight.

Yeah I'm sure it was bedouins on their flying carpets dropping bombs on Benghazi and Tripoli.

>Libya is garbage because evil westerners hated us Arabs because we were too good
>it isn't that our leader was an incompetent retard that literally everyone hated
>it was those crusading westerners

>being this uninformed
>it was just muh rebels
>NATO totally didn't bomb the absolute shit out of the country for 7 months straight

Nice strawman, friendarino.

>Arab leader spends his entire career alienating everyone both at home and abroad
>HE DINDU NUFFIN HE JUST NEEDED MORE OIL MONEY FOR DEM PROGRAMS

No shit Libya got bombed when everyone who mattered would benefit directly from Qaddafi not existing.

And before you start running your mouth about ((())) or the petrodollar, remember that Russia and China both signed off on the intervention. Even the rest of the Arab world hated him.

>Russia and China both signed off on the intervention
Except they didn't, they abstained from voting.

>Even the rest of the Arab world hated him.
He must of been an okay guy then.

Now I'll say this. Gaddafi made some major mistakes (like the pointless war in Chad and not getting rid of the primitive prison system for example). But he did a lot of good for Libya. Such good things being: The Man-Made River, discovery of Oil that eventually made Libya rich (for an African country anyways), getting rid of Libya's national debt, improving literacy to the mid 90's (information given in the OP picture is outdated), pretty much making Libya the closet thing to a first world country in all of Africa (sure as hell isn't anymore and etc.

>hat is Veeky Forums opinion of Muammar Gaddafi?

vile backer of terrorism

lockerbie
embassy shooting
berlin bar bombing
tons of arms to the pira

awful man

Sod off Nigel

Seriously though, do you have any idea how much you have to suck for Russia and China to authorize intervention?

They can only achieve orgasm when they've vetoed a resolution for action against some despotic regime.

The people of Libya didn't revolt, he was overthrown by the Muslim Brotherhood and was portrayed as having been overthrown by his own people on American news outlets.
TONS of Libyans amassed in town squares in memory of Gaddafi, waving Jamahiriya flags and pictures of Gaddafi around, an OVERWHELMING amount of Libyan citizens loved and supported Gaddafi, even in his death they came together in remembrance. Now, if these folks were beaten down, oppressed people, who would most likely be forced into praising the man, why would they come together to remember him in a massive nationwide celebration of his legacy, if there was no Gaddafi to force them to?

Gadaffi getting bombed to shit is the most blatant example of nu imperialism, even more than Saddam, at least they ran propaganda for years about him wanting to gas Israel or what have you, if it was the neo cons who took him out instead of Obama you would have never heard the end of it,

Libya turning to shit is the most fascinating part of all this mess, same with Syria and Iraq.

Sure they weren't exactly stable beforehand but it proves it really doesn't take that much effort to destroy a country in such a short period of time.

Heyyy buddy, don't make hard and fast rules about how easy it is to destabilize a country based on how easy it is to destabilize despotic states led by strongmen ensconced in tribalism.

This is true. It's an unfortunate reality of geopolitics. Gadaffi had a plan to supplant Western influence and threaten the value of western currencies. Whether or not he was doing it for "the people" or to increase his own power is pretty debateable though.

>if it was the neo cons who took him out instead of Obama

It was neither, the French were the ones pushing for it.

Syria wouldn't have collapsed at all if Assad wasn't such a worthless shit excuse of a dictator. He could have solved this relatively easily with a few token concessions, instead he chimped out.

>arms to the ra
>bad

Gaddafi overthrew an inept monarchy and set up a military dictatorship that controlled Libya's oil. During the cold war he supported foreign militants and terrorism to demonstrate his strength and explore the potential to expand which failed and tarred his reputation with the west who would later win the cold war. As the cold war came to a close and oil prices dropped during the 90s he opened up the economy to solve economic problems. After growing detached from reality after decades in power, increased urbanization, a burgeoning population in adulthood and a drop in food prices and the arab spring as a spark, different elements rose up and overthrew him with the supported of western airstrikes.

>Based Gaddaf.jpg
There is no evidence any of these claims are true. You would be hard pressed finding Libyans to corroborate them.

The gold dinar conspiracy theory is false since there are no restrictions on using gold or any other commodity as a medium of exchange.

>TONS of Libyans amassed in town squares in memory of Gaddafi, waving Jamahiriya flags and pictures of Gaddafi around, an OVERWHELMING amount of Libyan citizens loved and supported Gaddafi, even in his death they came together in remembrance. Now, if these folks were beaten down, oppressed people, who would most likely be forced into praising the man, why would they come together to remember him in a massive nationwide celebration of his legacy, if there was no Gaddafi to force them to?
But tons of Libyans diden't pick up arms to defend their "beloved" leader?

If "the people revolted" why was there a civil war?

Huh this appears like a recipe for success

WTF I LOVE LIBERTARIANISM NOW

>He could have solved this relatively easily with a few token concessions,

*revisionism intensifies*

Pretty hard when you're bombed by NATO jets, innit?

>Eternal Anglo BTFO

wtf I love Gaddafi now?

Best moment was when he joined the protesters in the street against "the regime" (aka himself), because he was the revolution!

>Based Gaddaf.jpg
Seems Gaddafi was better than Obama, Trump, Merkel, Putin, Theresa Mary May

>But tons of Libyans diden't pick up arms to defend their "beloved" leader?

Considering he was about to win the war in March 2011
aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/03/2011317645549498.html
I'd say that he had a lot of supporters.

>he said. "The Mediterranean basin will be exposed to grave danger, not just in the short term but also in the long term."

Lmao

Proof positive that Arabs are military dumbasses.
>Lose armored battallions to Chads in pickup trucks.
>OMG A REVOLT. MY BIBOL, I GIB U WEAPONS TO DEFEND ME.
>A lot of those cunts pick up weapons to fight you instead.

Not to mention How. The. Fuck. Did he get into power in the first place? In one of the pussiest coups in history.

Not to mention his fucking foreign policy: alienate every single one of the powers! Claim responsibility for terror attacks! but be friendly to fucking weakass Africans who cant help you for shit!

Gaddafi deserved to die for being a dumbass. I dont care what little good he did.

>tfw only two years before 2011 Gadaffi was touted as reformed and moderate if only a bit goofy
>a few years before msm shilled about how the Lockerbie bomber going back was human (no doubt because of back room oil deals)
>the entirety of the propaganda machine went into over drive the moment the Arab Spring started about how horrible he was

it's lies, lies all the way down

He was very bad, dictator I would say. No wonder people hated him and started the revolution.

Why the hell would anyone go to work if the government will pay you exactly the same for doing nothing? They must have an amazing work ethic.

Because being a NEET is extremely boring and depressing.

You probably imagine NEET as some kissless virgin sitting in basement with no money and joys all days while a lot of rich bratty in-fact NEETs spend their time how you will never be able to even working full-time.

Only if you have no money. If you're getting the equivalent of a decent wage matter what AND have 100% free time, why would it be boring?

Because working and earning money makes me happy. And from what I understand this is usually how people feel.

Doing what exactly?

>Doing what exactly?

Anything what you find enjoyable? Traveling, riding fast cars, partying all around the world, playing expensive sports, eating delicious food, fucking hot girls you know?
Doesnt sound as fun as working hard for sure, but some people like what they got.

But why not just aim for a career you find enjoyable?

It's not like work is inherently bad.

>working just for working because I was too indoctrinated that everything gets gained throw the hard work

>MORE OIL MONEY FOR DEM PROGRAMS
And this alone shows that you don't know shit about Libya.

What's wrong with that?
Work can be fun and you get to accomplish fulfilling goals as well.

Travelling, partying and having sex are fun too but I'd be very sad if I was 50 and all I had done was that.

>indoctrinated
No, I think it's you who's indoctrinated by consumerism.

What's the fun in doing that without your friends?
Lets be honest NEETS would have trouble meeting friends when those friends do have to work etc.
Besides work/school is a great way to make new friends.

Who said without friends?
Want me to tell you how I know that you are not from the at least upper class society and never have been in places where children of modern aristocracy meet?

Because I exclude the idea of making friends during partying over the workd and fucking hit girls right?
Even then most people on this website are probably at most middle class so that would be a bit unrealistic wouldn't it?

Because you was unlucky to not born in middle-east and live a life which you are just given to live. You can make friends through the circle you are in and do you actually think if I am talking about rich neet, people around him are hard-workers and not people living struggleless life?
Party or not is your choice. You can go into sports, into science, into art, or whatever you want especially with all that free time you have . And you dont need to think about capitalization of your effort, just do what your heart desires.

If it makes you happy, why do you need to be paid money to do it?

I give him a B in domestic policy and a F in foreign policy.
Dude would have been a better prime minister than president-for-life.

Now that he's gone niggers have nothing stopping them from overunning yurop

He was a nigger and he deserved to die for what he and his sons did to Libyans
> Visit primary schools for girls
> pick and choose the girls you like
> your female bodyguards pay them a visit in their homes and tell their parents Ghaddafi wants to spend the night with them
> rape the shit out of them till you grow tired of them and visit another school
also
> Two teams play football (soccer)
> the losers happen to be Ghaddafi's son's favourite team
> the other team is rounded up and shot
Libya was truely heaven on earth before the revolution! the god damned (((jews))) are behind this that's for sure!

When did Libyans blow up American soldiers?

Source on that?

google.com/search?q=Gaddafi rape school girls&client=safari&hl=en&biw=320&bih=372&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm4N6AhJjSAhWOHsAKHZOqA28Q_AUIBSgA
Googled it for you

The absolute mad man, please tell me this actually happened

Wtf I love Gaddafi now!

> Did Ghaddafi really join the anti-ghaddafi protesters he ordered his troops to shoot at in protesting against himself
Hmmm tough question

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_West_Berlin_discotheque_bombing

>Implying the US wasn't the bad guy all along

>be dictator
>realize that you can't keep being a pariah state
>reach out to the West, kill WMD programs, mend as many fences as you can
>at this precise moment the West chooses to bomb the shit out of you
Whether or not Gaddafi was a good leader isn't the tragedy. The tragedy is that every basket case dictator will have learned from all this that they must NEVER give up their WMD programs or play nice with liberal democracies, because they will kill them the instant they show weakness. I really think North Korea is so hellbent on nukes because of the Libyan example.

>despotic
relative and meaningless buzzward. Obama and Bush harmed the human race far more than Qaddafi yet they aren't know as despotic.

>I really think North Korea is so hellbent on nukes because of the Libyan example.
The more NK goes crazy the more they'll lose the only thing keeping them alive: Chinese support.

Once China washes their hands off em, its game over for NK.

Gaddafi gave a lot of donations, weapons, and training to Muslim rebels in my country.

I'm glad he was sodomized with a knife.

>Gaddaffi was a good guy! He kept Libya away from Islamic extremists.
>Funds extremists abroad.

He literally had training camps for terrorists all over his desert and these dumb fucks think he dindu nuffin

China isn't protecting North Korea out of good will. It needs NK to stay commie and friendly to Beijing otherwise they'll have US military bases on it's borders.

China needs NK just as much as NK needs China.

So does the USA.

>destroy libya that had almost achieved first world status because 3 ppl died

>tu quoque

No more like he didnt amass the wealth of his nation for himself like most dictators do. He instead gave the wealth of his nation to the people of his nation (or atleast a large part of the wealth)

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545819/Uncovered-The-macabre-sex-chamber-Libyas-Colonel-Gaddafi-raped-girls-boys-young-14.html

You mean to tell me someone honestly falls for bullshit like that? I mean come on. Heroin? Rape lair? Boys and girls? Possibly thousands? Severed bodies of enemies kept in freezers? Fucks sakes, how can anyone take this shit seriously?

>MILF

This.

Well somebody should've not engaged in terrorism, I guess?

Sounds like a fucking leftist

live of nation is more important that profit of private international business, isn't?

>that
than

top lad

t.unbiased Irishman

Because I need to buy stuff.

> if I don't believe it happened that automatically makes it fake news

The thing is that the corporate media has a very bad track record when it comes to the Middle East. Fake stories like Iraqi soldiers taking babies out of incubators, Saddam having WMD's, Gaddafi hiring African mercenaries to kill his enemies and Assad authorizing chemical weapon attacks on his citizens and the like that were peddled by the Corporate Media makes it hard to believe future stories of similar issues. While that story about Gaddafi might be true (which I REALLY doubt), you should never just trust it at face value.

Dude lmao
Where do you think the western media got these stories from? Libyans. where did I first hear about this? from Libyan acquaintances.

> Fake stories like Gaddafi hiring African mercenaries to kill his enemies
This did happen though

> Shhhh. Don't bother the /pol/ack. If you ignore it, it'll go away.

Amnesty International reported on that, yes. But they later went back on that claim because the report was only based on rumors and not actual evidence. But at that point it was too late and everybody was running with it and people believed it, including you. huffingtonpost.com/carina-ray/gaddafi-mercenaries_b_983506.html