What were Japan's goals during WWII?

What were Japan's goals during WWII?

>temporarily disable US power projection in the Western Pacific
>use this period to take MUH GREATER ASIAN CO-PROSPERITY SPHERE and dig in
>once the US is presented with a fait accompli, and realize they can't push back without taking enormous losses, public opinion will force a negotiated settlement

This is incidentally the fantasy that their high command continued to cling to right until atom bomb number two.

i love how the us and uk just look worried or midly disgruntled

They wanted living space

it wasnt too far off from reality considering hawaii was only a semi success and battle of midway could only be lost by retardation

the oceans protect and separate america, its hard to tell misses smith that her son needs to get shot on a tropical island for the safety of the US

Consider me an autist; what does that thing say?

Asia for Asians

bit racist mate

to be the dominant power of southeast asia. soviets were never going to allow that, though.

the red army cut through their little empire like butter.

To establish an empire in the far east.

Pretty sure Japan only controlled half of Sakhalin at its peak.

Do to Asia what uncle Adolf was doing to Europe

Murder everyone they didn't like?

1. Secure the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, basically just a colonial empire but based in Japan and not Europe.

2. Unrivaled control of the Western Pacific.

3. Resources from these new colonials from the prosperity sphere.

The biggest driver for such rapid expansion was resources. Japan's war machine was fed on scrap iron and oil imports from the west, so seizing the Dutch East Indies for oil and Indochina/China proper for coal and steel became the primary goal to keep its armed forces sustainable.

>What were Japan's goals during WWII?
They didn't even fucking know

I think it was the army that wanted to dig deeper into China whereas the navy was like "fuck that" and wanted to expand into south east asia so they could control the whole asian region.

The army and the navy never got along and by all accounts they basically did their own thing.

What was their beef with China? They really could have used the men resources and money elsewhere (and let the CCP and KMT) duke it out

Exactly

>its hard to tell misses smith that her son needs to get shot on a tropical island for the safety of the US
I think you're seriously underestimating public sentiment following Pearl Harbor, just like Japan. Even if Midway had been a disaster the US would have had complete control of the pacific by mid 1944 when the new navy was finished and they could start taking it to the japs. Because Midway was such a great victory the USN could start fighting the war on their own terms a year earlier.

>They didn't even fucking know

No, just no.

They wanted to colonise China due to not being able to feed themselves on their islands and they wanted a British style empire in south east Asia opening the markets for Japanese goods and buying their resources for far below what they're worth.

They weren't just hur during their way across Asia.

*Asia for the Japanese

Are Japanese not Asians?

No they are a unique race

to create cartoons aimed at asians where the majority overall resemble white people ofcourse

bow before your overlords tiny gundams!

Does the word "Asians" only encompasses the Japanese?

Are they from the moon?
Essentially this. Kill chinese influence in southeast Asia, throw the colonials out and become kangs in the area, quickly, before the US can mobilize enough to counter them.

to be /gsg/ friendly

Win.

they're people of the sun god

What I want to know is what people in Japan actually know about their country's history during WW2. Can some Japanon or foreigner in Japan tell me? No china/Korea chimping, just the truth. Do they recognize it as a selfish war of conquest and atrocity or do they thing they wuz asia's saviours?

Think, damn it, not "thing".

What was their endgame?

doyatashi mahabashi noiskoshi ikimas

It's a picture you mong, you don't need to be able to speak the language to see that it envisions direct Japanese rule over Korea and Taiwan and Japanese domination throughout Manchuria, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Indochina.

>Do they recognize it as a selfish war of conquest and atrocity or do they thing they wuz asia's saviours?

It's mixed, I would say. The JP government has a lot of revisionists who believe Japan was in the right to "liberate" Asia. The JP public is apathetic, says the media line, or is a pacifist. There are actually a lot of Japanese citizens who don't buy into govt lies, but nobody talks about them. Instead, Chinese/Korean media focus on minority of Japanese govt actions(although govt shouldn't say such things) that tries to antagonize to reinstill nationalism. The JP public wants economic improvements, not a war with China. Abenomics is going OK, but it isn't enough, so some nationalist incidents are a good method to distract the voters.

There is another issue, too. Japan faces a political issue with China. There is a big issue with the East China Sea right now, so JP govt cannot afford to admit crimes otherwise it will be seen a concession to China to the nationalist voters. JP nationalists also are very emotional about Korea, so the govt can't make concessions for the comfort women issue.

Everything is very complicated and involves each country trying to make it's nationalists happy.

Interesting. Thanks.

To be accepted by senpai hitler

>Implying Japan and Germany gave a shit about each other during WW2

they're white

>to be the dominant power of southeast asia. soviets were never going to allow that, though.
As long as the USSR hold De-colonization and De-stalinization, it's dangerous to go into Southeast Asia, plus it's only a mid-war scoring card 1930's is too early for that.

Okay.

White women

In Asia?

Japan rape and kill countless Dutch, British, and French colonialists
good riddance desu

meant for

There were very few British colonists in east asia unless you're counting Australia and New Zealand

They wanted the pacific, and all of Asia in their control. This is was due to military ideals. Another reason was: resources, imperialism, over-population on the island, and influence.

Freedom from European masters. Asia for Asians.

Your telling me a time exist where "White" simple meant "White Pigmentation?"
IMPOSABURU

Umm, where is Tribe of Shabbazz on this diagram? Surely that not what is meant by proto kangdoms...

>Evil gaijin get out so I can colonize the chinks MY TURN REEEEEEEE

The army wanted to expand into Siberia as retarded as that sounds

True story: 0. Because the assholes cant make up their mind for shit.

The Old Guard politicians pretty much wanted a Pan-Asian vision wherein Japan leads Asia while cooperating with friendly governments to further that goal. Limited Military expansionism.
Then you have the warhawks who wanted a legit Japanese colonial empire. Muh "8 Corners of the World Under One Roof" and all that. Driven by asshurt from the Treaty of Versailles and the Great Depression, they were convinced that Japan truly needed a colonial empire if it would ever stand peer with the other powers of the world. Aggressive expansionism and such.