Ethereum is doing great and all but who honestly believes it will pass bitcoin?

Ethereum is doing great and all but who honestly believes it will pass bitcoin?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fUPNbBF60
youtube.com/watch?v=a-twNTYsQGA

It only need 16-17bil at the moment to surpass it.

Who the fuck knows desu senpai, 6 months ago people thought a $30 ETH wouldn't be seen for a few years

its impossible to tell, it could pass bitcoin but it could also just collapse.. hopefully it doesn't though since I'm holding some

1.ETH
2.BTC
3.(((((((((((BNT)))))))))))
4.WAVES
5.GNT

would be more surprised if it didn't surpass at this point

a blind, drunk saturday pump brought ETH within striking distance. can BTC really hold out for much longer, with their fork doom coming?

But really though, what's the fuck is causing ETH to go to these retarded high levels in the past few days? Because of the Bancor ICO?

PoS will destroy it

etc will prevail

asking the other way around: why should the ETH market cap be less than BTC?

btc is a secure store of value

what the fuck is eth? A promise that you'll be able to run some sick dappz in the future?

idk what it is but I bought 1.5k at $261

ETC is breaking my heart, its flaccid as fuck, It'll never make a new ATH imo.

Bancor is fucking nothing, it's just Veeky Forums's next pump scheme.

ETH is going up because the smart money realizes that political squabbling between Libertarians, Chinks, and Spergs (but I repeat myself) are preventing any development in Bitcoin. Transaction fees are shooting through the roof and the chain's about to implode.

ETH is the new BTC - simple as that. It's led by an active "benevolent dictator" who will be able to push protocol improvements through.

That's why the flip is starting. The real whales and movers figured this out in February. Only the clueless are still holding BTC.

believed it for a month now.

flippening is inevitable and im going in on eth until so

considering those sick dappz are the future, I know what I'm betting on

and btc WAS secure, but you should probably sell before aug 1 if you want to keep that store of value.

>It's led by an active "benevolent dictator"

u spent 391k $ on eth?

Enjoy your immutable coin that can't be upgraded without breaking immutability. At least the DAO hacker got to keep his millions of coins though right? That's all that matters.

same here.

ETC was my largest holding... until earlier today, when I sold 60% of my ETC for ETH.

If I wasn't a sentimental faggot I'd have sold 100%

I'm so tempted to do the same but I'm holding some slight hope for a last hurrah past 0.007.

1.5k USD...I fucking wish

As a random no coiner wannabe money trader who has been watching it all this time, but always decided against spending money on this shit because I'm retarded, I don't believe ETH will rise to much. The whole reason for this is: that Bitcoin rose to prominence without a celebrity endorsement. It's uses and trustworthiness are widely known to even a novice money trader. Example: I had a general idea of what it was when I was a kid.
I believe in Bitcoin. I feel like even though most people know about it's volatilities they will buy as soon as it dips because they know people have faith that it will rise.
I don't have faith in ETH, I'd wait for the price to drop very low before risking my bottom line.
But that's just the words of an wannabe novice money trader.

Celebrity endorsement, putin
I don't think it will last

This is a good and bad thing. It also makes it a lot easier to change the protocol, and if Vitalik decided he wanted to change the way ether was distributed, the cap, or the proof model, he could do it a lot easier. Bitcoin is a bit cumbersome but it has shown a high degree of resilience. Really there has to be a major consensus for bitcoin to change, and it is done so in a very conservative way, which is exactly what you would want for something that is holding vast amounts of peoples wealth.