No really, why?

No really, why?

>gives you sin
>demands you cut it out

Pretty simple really

>creates you sick
>demands you be well

Because it's a bunch of BS, obvs.

(Note — Christians actually believe this)

It's a test of faith like everything in that cult.

It was just a thing Jews did to recognize each other during the time when they were slaves of Babylon

Its job creating, God is Keynesian.

>Show me your dick, brah

Are you kidding me?

>We chosen people must be able to recognize one another so as to not say the wrong thing to a filthy goy
>We need an identifiable physical characteristic for this, so instead of a specific style of beard, mustache, scar, tattoo, etc, we'll fucking chop of our foreskins.

>how to spot an American: the post

Seriously, no Christians outside of the US believe in mutilation of the penis.

Jews do it because the rabbis are fucked. Then you have Islam which is just a copy and paste of Judaism, so they obviously have it.

>he chose sex and nudity to be the sin

Shows you're devoted brah

It was a symbol of one's covenant with God. Religiously speaking, it supposedly no longer matters since Jesus concluded the covenant that God started with Abraham.

This is why the biggest event in the New Testament after Jesus dies is Paul and Peter getting into an argument about their dicks. Paul says they are no longer Jews and should thus stop circumcising themselves, while Peter believes that they're still essentially Jewish and should maintain the tradition.

I'm circumcised myself and my dick works fine (never needed lotion, no chafing), but I won't circumcise my own son(s), should I have any.

>jews

Just the traditions of men. Black Africans and other MENAers have circumcision as well. It never was an exclusively Jewish commandment.

Thinking that the creator of the universe cares about your foreskin or whether or not you eat pork is a mental illness
Islam should be banned from the civilized world

Honest answer? To strengthen the Jewish community by creating an identifiable, distinct symbol that unites them against other communities present in the area. It worked because Jews still exist while thousands of other cultural groups since have vanished or been assimilated out of existence.

Egyptians had circumcision as did others in the area.

it's dishonest to use an image of the Christian God for what is a Jewish and Muslim concept.

Yes but it's why they kept it.